The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bat Out Of Hell was a great album back in my younger days. Sadly he’ll be remembered by most for his Grand Final “entertainment”. RIP.
Sure, Meatloaf, shall we say, tapered off over his later years. But I too have some great memories of the Bat Out Of Hell album.

One very fond memory is of myself and a mate taking a couple of fair ladies to a cemetery after a few too many drinks, with Bat Out Of Hell blaring away. And yes of course I was a proper gentleman:cool:

He was in the Rocky Horror Picture Show too.

RIP Big Fella

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Sure, Meatloaf, shall we say, tapered off over his later years. But I too have some great memories of the Bat Out Of Hell album.

One very fond memory is of myself and a mate taking a couple of fair ladies to a cemetery after a few too many drinks, with Bat Out Of Hell blaring away. And yes of course I was a proper gentleman:cool:

RIP Big Fella
Eddie, Dr Everett Scott’s rocker nephew.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Never a fan of Meat Loaf, the singer or the meal.

But have a great memory of driving into a country town late at night and the pubs are overflowing. We stop and its a bachelor spinsters weekend thing going on.
Later on I get confused with the singer of Green Day ( i look nothing like him ) and my mate is on the dance floor with a young spinster who's miming along to 'Paradise By The Dashboard Light' to him... with gusto.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Later on I get confused with the singer of Green Day ( i look nothing like him ) and my mate is on the dance floor with a young spinster who's miming along to 'Paradise By The Dashboard Light' to him... with gusto.
I bet Nut Bush City Limits got a run that night too.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Vale Meatloaf had some great music early days RIP
Marvin Lee Aday
RIP Meatloaf
One of my favourite singers..Bat out of Hell one of my all time favourite albums. One of the best concerts I’ve been to was when he came out touring for Bat out of Hell 2, in 93 or 94, at the Palais Theatre. Was 5 rows from the front, in front of one of the speakers. Had trouble hearing for weeks afterwards. Saw him another 3/4 times since. Always put in a great performance.
Unfortunately……will be remembered for THAT performance at the GF. I remember watching it at the time and thought WTF!!! To make it worse, I had tickets to see him in concert a week after that. He had lost it by then. The instrumental solos went longer than normal, the back up singers sang more of the songs than usual. He was past his best sadly but at his peak was one of the best singers I’ve heard
Will be cranking up Bat and Bat 2 tonight in tribute and remembrance :cry:
Thank you Loaf for all the memories

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Marvin Lee Aday
RIP Meatloaf
One of my favourite singers..Bat out of Hell one of my all time favourite albums. One of the best concerts I’ve been to was when he came out touring for Bat out of Hell 2, in 93 or 94, at the Palais Theatre. Was 5 rows from the front, in front of one of the speakers. Had trouble hearing for weeks afterwards. Saw him another 3/4 times since. Always put in a great performance.
Unfortunately……will be remembered for THAT performance at the GF. I remember watching it at the time and thought WTF!!! To make it worse, I had tickets to see him in concert a week after that. He had lost it by then. The instrumental solos went longer than normal, the back up singers sang more of the songs than usual. He was past his best sadly but at his peak was one of the best singers I’ve heard
Will be cranking up Bat and Bat 2 tonight in tribute and remembrance :cry:
Thank you Loaf for all the memories
Bat Out Of Hell is still the highest selling album in Australia, every man and his dog had one.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Bat Out Of Hell is still the highest selling album in Australia, every man and his dog had one.
I read it has sold over 200,000 copies every year since it’s release
Before my family got a record player, I bought it cassette. Then when we got the player I bought the vinyl version. Of course by then, cd’s were the thing so I didn’t want to be left behind and bought that too. I also have the DVD :)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Another anti-vaxxer taken by COVID....

Bat out of Hell was one of the great albums of it's time. I remember getting a TDK SA 90 cassette to record it on. D90 wasn't going to cut it.

His role in Rocky Horror Picture Show is still a classic. The man boob bloke in Fight Club another highlight. I blame Demestos for the AFL Grand Final debacle

RIP Meat Loaf. You were one of a kind.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Another anti-vaxxer taken by COVID....

Bat out of Hell was one of the great albums of it's time. I remember getting a TDK SA 90 cassette to record it on. D90 wasn't going to cut it.

His role in Rocky Horror Picture Show is still a classic. The man boob bloke in Fight Club another highlight. I blame Demestos for the AFL Grand Final debacle

RIP Meat Loaf. You were one of a kind.
Is that confirmed?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Bat Out Of Hell was a great album back in my younger days. Sadly he’ll be remembered by most for his Grand Final “entertainment”. RIP.
Imho , one of the best albums ever , not a bad song on it , such a unique sound and one hell of a voice did Marvin Lee Aday have

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

RIP Big Fella

His scene in RHPS was my favourite ML perfomance, even though he didn't last long.

and who could ever forget his epic 2011 AFL GF performance.

Come to think of it not sure in which of those he died more horribly

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Interested to know if anyone was there and saw it live. I know a few people who were there and they thought he was pretty good.

There's always a percentage of people in any audience who are profoundly tone deaf, it's a terrible affliction

• Haha
Boxing >