The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Gary Brooker Procol Harem front man, from the Big C

Whiter Shade of Pale, what an iconic song.

RIP Gary.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Gary Brooker Procol Harem front man, from the Big C

Whiter Shade of Pale, what an iconic song.

RIP Gary.
He was still performing with a flawless vocals until very recent years. His voice obviously wasn't quite the same as a 22YO Gary Brooker. But as opposed to deteriorating, he was more in the mould of a maturing fine wine.

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write the one and only, Mr Mark Lanegan has passed away aged 57.

Probably unknown to most on here he has been my favourite singer songwriter for 30 years or so and got me through a long troubled time with his music.

A voice like no other, gonna miss ya man, rest easy.

I didn't post this here because I didn't think many would know who he was.

His voice was amazing. I was listening to the Bubblegum LP today, and reflected on some of his lyrics. I reckon his demons finally caught up with him.

"Almost called it a day, so many times
Didn't know what it felt like to be alive
Till you been a friend to me, like nobody else could be

Keep my hands on the wheel now, Momma
I gonna honestly try
She looked past the scars an' the burned out eyes
An' could see I'm no easy ride
She's just the kind who might get you to buy"
- Strange Religion

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write the one and only, Mr Mark Lanegan has passed away aged 57.

Probably unknown to most on here he has been my favourite singer songwriter for 30 years or so and got me through a long troubled time with his music.

*smile*, saw The Screaming Trees at the Big Day Out, in the late 90's, He jumped into the crowd to beat up a guy throwing stuff at him on stage.
Have his Blues Funeral album, may have to dig it out, and Sweet Oblivion.
What's it coming too, follows Chris Cornell, Scott Weiland in the last few years.

Reactions: 1 users

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004

I’m pretty sure that was at the opening of Ding Dong. He was mesmerising as always. Saw him last at the Croxton in late 2018. He stayed behind for hours after his set and signed memorabilia for everyone that wanted something signed.
Pretty much saw him every time he came out and he never disappointed.

This one stings. A lot. RIP….

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I didn't post this here because I didn't think many would know who he was.

His voice was amazing. I was listening to the Bubblegum LP today, and reflected on some of his lyrics. I reckon his demons finally caught up with him.

It appears it was covid. RIP, what an amazing voice. I first heard him on Sweet Oblivion but only sporadically followed his solo career, listening to some of it now I should have paid more attention.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP Olive (Anna Karen) from On The Buses. Heard this last night on the radio but found out this morning she actually died in a house fire at 85yo. More tragic than first thought.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I’m pretty sure that was at the opening of Ding Dong. He was mesmerising as always. Saw him last at the Croxton in late 2018. He stayed behind for hours after his set and signed memorabilia for everyone that wanted something signed.

I was at the Croxton as well, it was a great show. I didn't get to hang around afterwards though, had a very pregnant wife who wasn't so keen I was away too long.
My favourite show of his was at the Corner for Bubblegum. He opened with Driving Death Valley Blues and it was a blistering start.

He never disappointed on stage.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007

Sure was the opening, or re-opening of Ding Dong after it had burned down, Mark was close friends with the owner and flew to Australia just for the re-opening.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
It appears it was covid. RIP, what an amazing voice. I first heard him on Sweet Oblivion but only sporadically followed his solo career, listening to some of it now I should have paid more attention.
Still no official word on cause of death and despite him literally being on his death bed with Covid, he was actually doing well of late and was about to head to Belgium next week for rehearsals.

I actually liked his solo work more that his work with the Trees, Field Songs is probably my favourite album of his as a pure acoustic work of art.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004

Vale: ‘The Amazing Johnathan​

Magician and comedian John Edward Szeles, better known as ‘The Amazing Johnathan’, has died aged 63.

He died as a result of a critical heart condition, a diagnosis he struggled with since 2007

• Sad
  • Wow

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Vale: ‘The Amazing Johnathan​

Magician and comedian John Edward Szeles, better known as ‘The Amazing Johnathan’, has died aged 63.

He died as a result of a critical heart condition, a diagnosis he struggled with since 2007
Sad to see this. Funniest magician I've ever seen.

• Sad

Sammy Cougar

Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Australian sporting legend John Landy has died surrounded by his family aged 91

Reactions: 4 users

Sammy Cougar

Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Vale Dean Woods
Olympic gold medallist and 3 time world champion Dean Woods has died following a battle with cancer at the age of 55.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Vale Dean Woods
Olympic gold medallist and 3 time world champion Dean Woods has died following a battle with cancer at the age of 55.
Geez remember watching the gold in the pursuit. Awesome effort. Sad to go so young.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Rod Marsh has passed away, a legend of Australian cricket.

RIP Iron Gloves.

• Sad
Reactions: 13 users