The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Fred Cook, 74. He’s done well to get to that.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Fred Cook, 74. He’s done well to get to that.
Sure has. Had a relative who owned a pub in Port when Fred was in his prime, we'd go there some Sundays for a "Private family function" (no Sunday trading back then)
In the off season he'd wander in through the back door. Think he was on the books as a boarder! A rascal then and sadly got worse when footy was over.
Vale Freddie.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A good player was Freddie, he and Frosty Miller used to kick bags of goals in the VFA.

RIP Fred.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
RIP Fred a Legend one of the greatest ever I got to see play as a Kid

Reactions: 1 user

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Marvin Lee Aday
RIP Meatloaf
One of my favourite singers..Bat out of Hell one of my all time favourite albums. One of the best concerts I’ve been to was when he came out touring for Bat out of Hell 2, in 93 or 94, at the Palais Theatre. Was 5 rows from the front, in front of one of the speakers. Had trouble hearing for weeks afterwards. Saw him another 3/4 times since. Always put in a great performance.
Unfortunately……will be remembered for THAT performance at the GF. I remember watching it at the time and thought WTF!!! To make it worse, I had tickets to see him in concert a week after that. He had lost it by then. The instrumental solos went longer than normal, the back up singers sang more of the songs than usual. He was past his best sadly but at his peak was one of the best singers I’ve heard
Will be cranking up Bat and Bat 2 tonight in tribute and remembrance :cry:
Thank you Loaf for all the memories
Yeah. Some of my extended family attended a concert he put on at a vineyard in the Hunter Valley on that same tour. Apparently he was pretty much as bad as the grand final performance. He got jeered at times. Wondering if in those latter years - when, as you suggest, he was observably well past his best - if he may not have been in particularly good health.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Vale Ivan Reitman the influential filmmaker, producer, director behind comedies from Animal House to Ghostbusters has Passed away aged 75.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
The great man, Bon Scott 42 years ago.

Enjoy PRE one of the classics

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write the one and only, Mr Mark Lanegan has passed away aged 57.

Probably unknown to most on here he has been my favourite singer songwriter for 30 years or so and got me through a long troubled time with his music.

A voice like no other, gonna miss ya man, rest easy.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write the one and only, Mr Mark Lanegan has passed away aged 57.

Probably unknown to most on here he has been my favourite singer songwriter for 30 years or so and got me through a long troubled time with his music.

A voice like no other, gonna miss ya man, rest easy.

Shattered by this news. What a voice! So glad I got to see him many times in various bands and solo performances. One of the greats of his generation.

Reactions: 3 users