The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Australian singer Renée Geyer has died aged 69 following complications from hip surgery. RIP.

Absolutely loved Renèe as a young fella..... the bloke holding the cards is me.... well that's how I saw it as I dreamt of meeting her one day!

Think she'd lived the full package of sex, drugs & rock'n roll, so to have made it this far was sort of remarkable I reckon. Vale Renèe ❣

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Australian singer Renée Geyer has died aged 69 following complications from hip surgery. RIP.

Geez....now her. WTF is going on??? It's like Covid quick killing. Hip operations again. My neighbour's Mum going through problems also because of this.

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Went to a Paul Kelly intimate little gig in Perth at a uni (can’t recall which uni) in around 1996. Renee was support and didn’t really know anything about her. Blew me away and I’ve been raving about her ever since. RIP Renee. What a set of pipes.

Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Wow, just finished reading about Geyer.
She'd had breast cancer in 2009. Had three ODs where her heart stopped.
Was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. Did hip surgery take her out, or was it that her cancer?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Wow, just finished reading about Geyer.
She'd had breast cancer in 2009. Had three ODs where her heart stopped.
Was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. Did hip surgery take her out, or was it that her cancer?
Who knows. My neighbour's mother had hip surgery and is now on a wheelchair. Lucky my mum's went OK as she had 2 in 2 years 11 years ago. How does this kill people?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Infection?
I'm too ignorant on operations. Always thought any operation above the pelvis would cause death as it touches stomach, heart, organs etc... but from pelvis down, mainly the legs, would be safe (i.e. any sports related injury)

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
RIP Renee, one of my all time favourite Aussie singers. She had a terrific voice.
Wife & I went to a Joe Cocker concert a few years ago, she was the support act. She was fantastic, just confirmed my alreadyhigh opinion of her.

A very sad day:cry:

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Surprised to see no mention of the passing of Gina Lollobrigida. One of the three great beauties of Italian cinema along with Sophia Loren and Claudia Cardinale.
Oh dear, I just had a thought about those three and may just have to have a private moment...

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Surprised to see no mention of the passing of Gina Lollobrigida. One of the three great beauties of Italian cinema along with Sophia Loren and Claudia Cardinale.
Oh dear, I just had a thought about those three and may just have to have a private moment...
Scroll back 1 page

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Renee Geyer, what a powerhouse. Was lucky to see her perform live a couple of times.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
David Crosby, legendary member of Crosby, Stills and Nash (and Young) and member of the Byrds before that.
CSN were one of the great bands of that era and David Crosby was one of the great singer songwriters
RIP

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
David Crosby, legendary member of Crosby, Stills and Nash (and Young) and member of the Byrds before that.
CSN were one of the great bands of that era and David Crosby was one of the great singer songwriters
RIP

RIP I loved CSNY (with Neil Young) and The Byrds.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Former actress and sex symbol of the 50’s & 60’s, once dubbed the most beautiful woman in the world, Gina Lollobrigida , aged 95

Somehow some people get excited about Matron Sloane when there's the likes of Gina to get excited about????? WTF????? La Lolla was miles ahead of Sophia way back when I was a youngster.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Somehow some people get excited about Matron Sloane when there's the likes of Gina to get excited about????? WTF????? La Lolla was miles ahead of Sophia way back when I was a youngster.
Yep, big rivalry but Sophia's sparking blue cat eyes probably stood out more.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
RIP I loved CSNY (with Neil Young) and The Byrds.
Yep me too CSN , CSNY , CN , The Byrds , Solo .. What a crap year so far for loosing Great musicians / Singers . Can’t say I’m too shocked though with Crosby .. He lived an amazing life, he created amazing Music RIP

And of course CSNY and J

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep me too CSN , CSNY , CN , The Byrds , Solo .. What a crap year so far for loosing Great musicians / Singers . Can’t say I’m too shocked though with Crosby .. He lived an amazing life, he created amazing Music RIP

And of course CSNY and J
Hell of a voice n artist the old Tom Jones, somehow just looks so wrong in among that mob though. Maybe a tad to smooth n polished looking alongside CSNY.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I'm too ignorant on operations. Always thought any operation above the pelvis would cause death as it touches stomach, heart, organs etc... but from pelvis down, mainly the legs, would be safe (i.e. any sports related injury)

Reality is any operation has a degree of risk and we lose people from complications with straight forward procedures all the time. No doubt hip replacements would be more highly represented in deaths than most simple procedures because the recipients tend to be older and more likely to have other underlying conditions.

I once accompanied a fairly well known AFL player for an achilles tendon repair only to have the procedure postponed when they lost the patient before on the table, a reasonably fit 40 something year old man who developed a blood clot during the surgery. Needless to say, it was a very difficult task to convince them to head back in the following day.

Reactions: 1 user