The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

How can people read her story and not gain some understanding of how disadvantaged a history the indigenous of this country have had?

I was never taught this history in primary or high school. I imagine there would have been a completely different attitude towards the indigenous in the town and at the school if I was.

At least it's different now.
It’s a long time since I left school. But part of the process of Acceptance, Respect and Reconciliation is through education at a young age.
It should be part of the school curriculum throughout Australia, teaching all kids Indigenous history and culture

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
RiP Damo Suzuki

singer of experimental avant-jazz German band CAN

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Another Putin rival dead

Putinontheritz's favourite Queen anthem, Another one bites the dust gets a spin on the old turntable.
Nobody, but seriously nobody *smile* with old mate Vlad, he just takes them down n doesn't give a *smile* who knows about it.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Putinontheritz's favourite Queen anthem, Another one bites the dust gets a spin on the old turntable.
Nobody, but seriously nobody *smile* with old mate Vlad, he just takes them down n doesn't give a *smile* who knows about it.
I wonder if on the Putin Propaganda Program that *smile* Carlson did recently, if *smile* Carlson asked just one real question. That question being “ Vlad old buddy, can you explain to the world why all your political opponents and critics either end up dead, in prison or just disappear?”

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I wonder if on the Putin Propaganda Program that *smile* Carlson did recently, if *smile* Carlson asked just one real question. That question being “ Vlad old buddy, can you explain to the world why all your political opponents and critics either end up dead, in prison or just disappear?”
“Fake news”.

“They're probably sick criminals who don’t have any sense of direction” says Putin

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Reactions: 10 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Maybe *smile* up Carlson wasn't game to ask that question, just in case he was the next to disappear.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
One of the braver men to have ever lived.

Yeah a martyr for democracy.

Could have lived a comfy life in Berlin, cushy gig lecturing politics, lobbied in exile,

But chose a siberian prison (take a read of a day in the life of ivan denisovitch if you havnt read it),

And certain death.

An Incredible force for good,

but he'd have to be a bit unhinged himself wouldnt he?

I suppose he probably knew putin would novachoc him again whereever he was, so
He may as well make a point?

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Any fans of the original Office? The British version?

RIP Ewan Macintosh, AKA Big Keith. Died this week, aged 50, from a two year illness. Would be one of the most underrated, unsung characters. A cracking performance as Big Keith.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Stand up comedian, actor and cast member of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Richard Lewis.

Aged 76.

• Sad