The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Glynis Johns, British actor, died on 4th January 2024 aged 100.

She was in about 60 movies (including Mary Poppins) & about 30 plays.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Glynis Johns, British actor, died on 4th January 2024 aged 100.

She was in about 60 movies (including Mary Poppins) & about 30 plays.
She sang the first version of 'Send in the Clowns', which was written for her by Stephen Sondheim for a Broadway play in 1973.

Every probably knows Sinatra's version a couple of years later in 1975.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Der Kaiser - Franz Beckenbauer, one of the greats of the world game :cry:

One of just 3 who played in a World Cup winning team and coached a team to a World Cup victory. Beckenbauer, Mario Zagalo for Brazil and Didier Deschamps from France🙌

Lucky enough to see Der Kaiser in 1979 at Olympic Park when New York Cosmos came down for a couple of games.

28,000 of us parked the old Olympic Park and I stood next to him as a 13 year old as the team came off and went back on their bus. Now I wish we had phones back in the day 😢

download.jpeg-19.jpg
Screenshot_20240109_223726_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240109_223819_Samsung Internet.jpg
From the right - Jim Tansey, Yakka Banovic the goalkeeper, Gary Cole, striker and the tall guy in the middle. The other two I can't recall their names 😟

Screenshot_20240109_223845_Samsung Internet.jpg
:love:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
R.I.P. Der Kaiser. Gave football the Sweeper position. Matched the South Americas with skill and grace but with the hard edged German no compromise play. Loved him as a player. Loathed him as a FIFA official though.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Zagallo died last week as well.
Yeah good catch man. With the Kaiser and Zagallo both gone, the last man still alive of the three who played in and coached World Cup winning teams is Frenchman Didier Deschamps

And Zagallo is the only person who has been involved in reaching 6 World Cup finals, winning 4. Two as a player and as a coach.

With team mate Pele
images.jpeg-108.jpg

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Sad to hear about the passing of Marlena Shaw, one of my favorite singers growing up. She was a great soul funk jazz singer and her music has been sampled by many hip hop artists. Thank you for the great music, Marlena Shaw. You will be missed..

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
Sad to hear about the passing of Marlena Shaw, one of my favorite singers growing up. She was a great soul funk jazz singer and her music has been sampled by many hip hop artists. Thank you for the great music, Marlena Shaw. You will be missed..

As relevant as ever. RIP Marlena Shaw.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Roger Rogerson, 83. When I hear his name I instantly think of Richard Roxburghs portrayal of him in ‘95s Blue Murder. Excellent mini series.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Vale Melanie Safka

Lay down, brand new key …a great version of Ruby Tuesday, and who can forget Alexander beetle

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Vale Melanie Safka

Lay down, brand new key …a great version of Ruby Tuesday, and who can forget Alexander beetle
Arrgh damn another sweet old memory fades n dies. Bastard of a problem getting old, all them childhood n teen age stars fall off the perch n leave you wondering how soon before it's your turn.

• Sad

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

How can people read her story and not gain some understanding of how disadvantaged a history the indigenous of this country have had?

I was never taught this history in primary or high school. I imagine there would have been a completely different attitude towards the indigenous in the town and at the school if I was.

At least it's different now.

Reactions: 7 users