The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

For the oldies, Danny Webb Channel 7 newsreader and reporter from the 60s and 70s passed away yesterday. For those who were kids at that time he was also the host of Video Village with Nancy Cato.

Famous for the April fools joke on a news report in the mid 60s about the failure of the spaghetti crop in the yarra valley . Gullible people in those days

Sintiger said:
For the oldies, Danny Webb Channel 7 newsreader and reporter from the 60s and 70s passed away yesterday. For those who were kids at that time he was also the host of Video Village with Nancy Cato.

Famous for the April fools joke on a news report in the mid 60s about the failure of the spaghetti crop in the yarra valley . Gullible people in those days

Wow showing my age here, I remember watching the spaghetti crop news report and had to ask my mum about it ;D

I also remember Dan hosted a game show a bit like a board game where you had to move along spaces a bit like monopoly, may have been called 'Its Academic'?

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Wow showing my age here, I remember watching the spaghetti crop news report and had to ask my mum about it ;D

I also remember Dan hosted a game show a bit like a board game where you had to move along spaces a bit like monopoly, may have been called 'Its Academic'?
I remember Its Academic, but I can only remember it being hosted by Andrew Harwood. It usually pitted students from different schools against each other, a bit like University Challenge, but with high school kids.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:

That game show was video village. You can see it on you tube

BT Tiger said:
Chuck Berry, 90 years old

saw him perform at Rod Laver, with Bo Diddley and Jerry Lee Lewis in a Legends of Rock show. Can't remember who else was on the bill, or what year it was, (late 90s I think), just remember Jerry Lee was incredible, Chuck was great and they were both grumpy. And Bo D was very cool, real boogie groove.

tigersnake said:
saw him perform at Rod Laver, with Bo Diddley and Jerry Lee Lewis in a Legends of Rock show. Can't remember who else was on the bill, or what year it was, (late 90s I think), just remember Jerry Lee was incredible, Chuck was great and they were both grumpy. And Bo D was very cool, real boogie groove.
1989. Sat in the 2nd row. Was close enough to hear Chuck Berry's amp rather than the amp
through the speakers. His guitar tone was like nothing I'd ever heard before. His records don't do it justice.

JoMamma said:
1989. Sat in the 2nd row. Was close enough to hear Chuck Berry's amp rather than the amp
through the speakers. His guitar tone was like nothing I'd ever heard before. His records don't do it justice.

Great, Thanks JoMamma, I was only 10 years out :eek:ld :smash :don't know

It was a great show, I remember Chuck, Jerry Lee and Bo Diddley, I know others were on the bill but can't remember at all. Saw Screaming J Hawkins around the same time too with Nick Cave at Melbourne Uni.

tigersnake said:
Great, Thanks JoMamma, I was only 10 years out :eek:ld :smash :don't know

It was a great show, I remember Chuck, Jerry Lee and Bo Diddley, I know others were on the bill but can't remember at all. Saw Screaming J Hawkins around the same time too with Nick Cave at Melbourne Uni.
Saw Metallica at Festival Hall that year...and The Ramones and Iggy Pop, both at The Palace.

The saddest R.I.P. for me. Sweet dreams my beautiful sweet gentle miracle dog Kella.