The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

craig said:
LES MURRAY WAS SOCCER in this country for all those especially born in the 70s.

If it was Soccer it had Les Murray on it.

RIP Les Murray, another Aussie Sports Broadcasting Icon gone.

I'd never heard of him.

spook said:
The great Sam Shepard. Wonderful playwright, excellent actor. An artist and a wordsmith who explored the dark side of man's soul.

Great actor, never saw any of his plays though

spook said:
The great Sam Shepard. Wonderful playwright, excellent actor. An artist and a wordsmith who explored the dark side of man's soul.
I'm doing a one act play of his next year "Short Life of trouble" where he interviews Bob Dylan.

antman said:
Great actor, never saw any of his plays though
True West, Fool for Love, Buried Child, Cowboy Mouth, The Late Henry Moss, The Tooth of Crime and many more worth checking out. They're great just to read. A lyrical way with words combined with a viscous understanding of our darker natures. A balls-out genius.

tigertim said:
I'm doing a one act play of his next year "Short Life of trouble" where he interviews Bob Dylan.
Doing? As in performing? Nice one, tim.

tigertim said:

Nice Tim! Are you going to be Sam or Bob?

spook said:
True West, Fool for Love, Buried Child, Cowboy Mouth, The Late Henry Moss, The Tooth of Crime and many more worth checking out. They're great just to read. A lyrical way with words combined with a viscous understanding of our darker natures. A balls-out genius.
Doing? As in performing? Nice one, tim.
Yeah, performing.

Sadly our original Golden Girl Betty Cuthbert passed away aged 79 from MS

4 time Olympic Gold Medallist
1956 Melbourne 100metre, 200 metre and 4x100 metres
then 8 years later in Tokyo Gold Medallist in 400 metres

mk33 said:
Sadly our original Golden Girl Betty Cuthbert passed away aged 79 from MS

4 time Olympic Gold Medallist
1956 Melbourne 100metre, 200 metre and 4x100 metres
then 8 years later in Tokyo Gold Medallist in 400 metres

What a star. RIP Betty.

Only know her from the history books. But when the next "greatest of all time" is bandied about there should be a compulsory test....better than Betty Cuthbert?
Was second MCG statue after Bradman.... Speaks volumes.

The Rhinestone Cowboy - aged 81. I loved that song as a kid.

[youtube=560,315]8kAU3B9Pi_U[/youtube]

RIP Betty Cuthbert, was an amazing athlete,

I remember that at the same time we had a lot of incredible female athletes, Betty of course Marlene Matthews, Marjorie Jackson & another couple whose names escape me, plus we had swimmers like Dawn Fraser, Lorraine Crapp etc.