The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

IanG said:
He did it on Cornell's birthday too apparently, very sad.

Listened to a new Linkin Park song today call Heavy.

Its a brooding song not heavy by any means not classic Linkin Park but definately a haunting glimpse into the tortured psyche of Chester Bennington who wrote it.

Lyrics very very confronting considering he has taken his own life.

Cornell apparantly stuffed up his medication and wasnt a deliberate suicide.

RIP László Ürge

The voice of soccer for all Wogs, Sheilas and *smile*. Not sure the Johhny Comelatelys can appreciate just how big a role he played in Australian Soccer before the A League started

Baloo said:
RIP László Ürge

The voice of soccer for all Wogs, Sheilas and *smile*s. Not sure the Johhny Comelatelys can appreciate just how big a role he played in Australian Soccer before the A League started

Ian's probably never heard of him.

Seriously he was the pioneer of wog ball in this country. RIP Les.

RIP Les

Always found his staunch loyalty to Sepp Blatter a worry, but anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xs1lUK4jas

tigersnake said:
RIP Les

Without Sepp Blatter we would probably still be in the Oceania Confederation with .5 slots in the World Cup needing to play off against the 5th place South American team.

Baloo said:
Without Sepp Blatter we would probably still be in the Oceania Confederation with .5 slots in the World Cup needing to play off against the 5th place South American team.

yeah I understand that. But personally I don't subscribe to the stance that as long as someone looks after me or is straight with me, I'll ignore or condone their corrupt actions elsewhere. Its kind of how corruption works.

tigersnake said:
yeah I understand that. But personally I don't subscribe to the stance that as long as someone looks after me or is straight with me, I'll ignore or condone their corrupt actions elsewhere. Its kind of how corruption works.

Understand, but when your sole focus to get Australia to the World Cup and you see the system to do so requires palm greasing and vote selling, you do what you have to do.

tigersnake said:
RIP Les

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xs1lUK4jas

yeah, he blocked me on Twitter when I took him up on this after he claimed the FIFA Ethics Committee brought Blatter down... :hihi his rep was slightly tarnished recently when it was shown he leaked ethics committee materials to Hargitay for the ill-fated Australian bid to host the World Cup.

But he did a good job for Australian football in the dark years. Vale.

antman said:
yeah, he blocked me on Twitter when I took him up on this after he claimed the FIFA Ethics Committee brought Blatter down... :hihi his rep was slightly tarnished recently when it was shown he leaked ethics committee materials to Hargitay for the ill-fated Australian bid to host the World Cup.

But he did a good job for Australian football in the dark years. Vale.

The old block people who challenge your views and don't agree with you trick. Great new age of open and transparent debate this internet.

tigersnake said:
The old block people who challenge your views and don't agree with you trick. Great new age of open and transparent debate this internet.

To be fair I was bangin' on about it quite a lot :hihi

Harry said:
Ian's probably never heard of him.

Seriously he was the pioneer of wog ball in this country. RIP Les.

Television-wise. Sad to hear this. 71's still a young age nowadays.

LES MURRAY WAS SOCCER in this country for all those especially born in the 70s.

If it was Soccer it had Les Murray on it.

RIP Les Murray, another Aussie Sports Broadcasting Icon gone.

The great Sam Shepard. Wonderful playwright, excellent actor. An artist and a wordsmith who explored the dark side of man's soul.