The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Rob Gaylard aged 70. Was always very good value as MC at horse racing carnivals. May he RIP.

Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Unfortunately it isn’t. The club have also put out a Vale notice.

Just posting this here, had some dark times in the last 12 months and this song is one of my go to's. But I came across this live version recorded after the lead singer, Chester Bennington had taken his own life. I didn't realise the significance of the way Mike Shinoda allowed the crowd to sing along. He fell silent for all the parts originally sung by Chester.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just posting this here, had some dark times in the last 12 months and this song is one of my go to's. But I came across this live version recorded after the lead singer, Chester Bennington had taken his own life. I didn't realise the significance of the way Mike Shinoda allowed the crowd to sing along. He fell silent for all the parts originally sung by Chester.

Goosebumps. All the best to you KR.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

Hadn’t seen this before. Like you it’s one of my go to songs. Amazing version. Like ToO, goosebumps

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Ralph Baker "Deadly Earnest" for those of you who remember the days of "Aweful Movies with Deadly Earnest" on channel O.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Love it Knighter. For reasons i won't bore people with i love Linkin Park even that it is frowned upon by the rock n roll bogan peers of my age group. Good luck with everything and you always have your PRE friends.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Ralph Baker "Deadly Earnest" for those of you who remember the days of "Aweful Movies with Deadly Earnest" on channel O.

TT33 you must be very old!
I would fall asleep infront ot the fire on Friday night watching Deadly Ernest with my father.
I loved the humour...the films were generally aweful of course.
Once the film was over he would walk me to bed but I was sound asleep and never remembered the walk.
Thanks for a childhood memory

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Thats a great version. I loved it. When Chester died, it was like a punch to the guts as I love Linkin Park. Listening to their music since he's past is clearly evident that he has an outlet for the struggles that he had in his life and it was great that he had that, but unfortunately it wasn't enough.

Been through plenty of crap over the years too, when my life changed in the blink of an eye in 2017 the 1st thing I did was remove all alcohol. I have 2 kids and I couldn't run any risk of falling into that trap. Not sure if that helps anyone, its only a partial step with any of this, but alcohol never helps when your mind is in a dark place. (I'm not saying you are drinking by the way Knighter, just a comment of how that was a partial step to help me through what I was going through).

Reactions: 3 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I would fall asleep infront ot the fire on Friday night watching Deadly Ernest with my father.
Once the film was over he would walk me to bed but I was sound asleep and never remembered the walk.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

You're right p&t I am very old, but I used to love Deadly Earnest

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Thats a great version. I loved it. When Chester died, it was like a punch to the guts as I love Linkin Park. Listening to their music since he's past is clearly evident that he has an outlet for the struggles that he had in his life and it was great that he had that, but unfortunately it wasn't enough.

Been through plenty of crap over the years too, when my life changed in the blink of an eye in 2017 the 1st thing I did was remove all alcohol. I have 2 kids and I couldn't run any risk of falling into that trap. Not sure if that helps anyone, its only a partial step with any of this, but alcohol never helps when your mind is in a dark place. (I'm not saying you are drinking by the way Knighter, just a comment of how that was a partial step to help me through what I was going through).

All good Posh-one, I am a firm believer in talking things through. I think I saw an authenticity in Chester's performance. It felt visceral and really spoke to me, so when I came across this video, especially with me on deep dive into difficult time, something about it gave me hope. Many events and decisions over the last 7 years have made it a bit harder for me to be as open as I would like. It was weighing on me and causing me much more stress than I was admittimg to myself. While I do like a drink I am lucky in that I don't have an addictive personality generally. I have always been able to walk away from bad situations and even good ones that are a little too good. And I have at various stages cut out the beer-with-dinner that was becoming 2-3 beers on weeknights. It is always good advice.