The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Totally agree with this sentiment regarding his early career, but he was actually born in the US.
Yep. Blackboard Jungle was another great one to watch. Inter-racial school where he was a student.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
naive but inspirational film.

The dream of making a difference to young lives is a great motivator, but teaching wears people down and to walk on a stage for 6 hours a day, every day, and inspire is damned near impossible. Such a pity as inspiring teachers are so important. To expect anyone to be able to put on a performance day after day is unrealistic.

DS

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
A US high school kid playing ice hockey slipped over and was struck by another kids skate in the throat which severed an artery and caused him to die. Bloody sad. RIP

• Sad

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Just spotted that To Sir, with Love and Guess who's coming to dinner are both showing on ABC iView.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
In the Heat of the Night is my favourite.
But he was also in, and directed, a little known but very funny all-black film called Let's Do It Again, which has to seen for the performance of Jimmie Walker alone.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Bob Saget, 65, from that terrible show in the 80s Full House as well as America’s Funniest Home videos. I didn’t know til about a decade ago he was a comedian! (And a very blue one at that!)

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Bob Shearer has passed away from a heart attack at 73.
Always seemed a very likeable guy. Typical aussie. He always seemed in contention in the Aussie summer. A few decent major finishes. 27 Tournament victories is nothing to sneeze at.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Bob Saget, 65, from that terrible show in the 80s Full House as well as America’s Funniest Home videos. I didn’t know til about a decade ago he was a comedian! (And a very blue one at that!)
One of the great Entourage cameos. RIP.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
His Aristocrats joke is…from another time but those of the generation can still laugh.

RIP Bob.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Why did he fade away from professional golf so early?
He spent 9 years on the PGA tour until the early 90s after 5-6 years on the European tour, won once in the US and had multiple top 10s. Left the tour in his early 40s so didn't really fade away.
Became a gold course designer