The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Guess we are all in need of a bit of a laugh.
In honour of Larry Storch's passing, I am reminded of the outrageous dialogue in this scene from F-Troop (Larry is not in it). Consider that the actress in this scene, Melody Patterson, was 16 when it was filmed. These days, the producers would likely end up in jail.
I love the canned laughter at just the right moments.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Have gone through patches of this in my life. And on the theme of volunteering. Sports coaching kids I have found an enormous pick-me-up.

Prior to having my own kids, I coached a lot of athletics to tweens, teens and young adults (some from their tween years right through until they were young adults). And have recently got into coaching 5-6YOs soccer. Never been paid, always a volunteer coach.

There is just something about seeing their happy faces, feeling their enthusiastic energy and seeing their confidence, abilities, tenacity and pure joy grow exponentially, that is infectious. Plus witnessing and feeling the bond and camaraderie they develop with their teammates (and coach) is a beautiful thing. And you get a buzz out of knowing you have facilitated this.

Training days and match/competition days become some of the highlights of my week and I look forward to catching up with them (and their parents).
Good Work Man Kudos.(y)

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Justin Crawford , brother of Shane, at 45 years old. I'd forgotten about him, played 46 games for Sydney and Hawthorn in 4 seasons but then just walked away at age 21. The now not so cryptic "sudden causes" given.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Have gone through patches of this in my life. And on the theme of volunteering. Sports coaching kids I have found an enormous pick-me-up.

Prior to having my own kids, I coached a lot of athletics to tweens, teens and young adults (some from their tween years right through until they were young adults). And have recently got into coaching 5-6YOs soccer. Never been paid, always a volunteer coach.

There is just something about seeing their happy faces, feeling their enthusiastic energy and seeing their confidence, abilities, tenacity and pure joy grow exponentially, that is infectious. Plus witnessing and feeling the bond and camaraderie they develop with their teammates (and coach) is a beautiful thing. And you get a buzz out of knowing you have facilitated this.

Training days and match/competition days become some of the highlights of my week and I look forward to catching up with them (and their parents).
Doing volunteer work with children is a great antidote to the stresses of adult life.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Guess we are all in need of a bit of a laugh.
In honour of Larry Storch's passing, I am reminded of the outrageous dialogue in this scene from F-Troop (Larry is not in it). Consider that the actress in this scene, Melody Patterson, was 16 when it was filmed. These days, the producers would likely end up in jail.
I love the canned laughter at just the right moments.
Where Paleface and redskin .both turn chicken!

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Ex Collingwood player (and Sydney), Billy Picken.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Good on you Panthera Tigris

I coached junior cricket years ago, it was very satisfying.

There was young boy who's mum had left the family home leaving him and sister with their father.
He stopped playing cricket, and I heard a couple of the kids at training talking about some trouble that he was getting into at school.
I saw him at the shopping centre a little while latter and had a quiet chat with him, he came back and started playing again.
I transferred with my work a while latter and moved away, I was wrapped when I bumped into him about 20 years later and he thanked me for what I had said to him. He had turned his life around and was married with a couple of kids.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Actor Paul Sorvino, 83. in every movie that had an Italian guy in it.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user