The SC/DRAFT 2008 - discussion thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The SC/DRAFT 2008 - discussion thread.

but if i am over, say by 40k, and i trade a 100k player out and bring in a 400k player, that wouldnt make sense?

if i trade do i have to make sure it goes under 10mil? eg. i am over by say 40k, so i can pick up a 200k player but only if i trade a 240 k player out?

If you login you see how much cap you have left (say 40,000).

If you click the player stats view instead of graphical view you will get prices of players (with their changes).

If you trade Kerr for example you will get what he is worth (626,000) added to how much of your cap you have left (40,000) to pay for the new player you want.  Therefore theoretically you have 666,000 enough for Bartel (665,600).

Of course the added complication for us is that the player you want has to be available  ;)

The cap is only relevant prior to round 1

KiwiTig said:
If you login you see how much cap you have left (say 40,000).

If you click the player stats view instead of graphical view you will get prices of players (with their changes).

If you trade Kerr for example you will get what he is worth (626,000) added to how much of your cap you have left (40,000) to pay for the new player you want. Therefore theoretically you have 666,000 enough for Bartel (665,600).

Of course the added complication for us is that the player you want has to be available ;)

The cap is only relevant prior to round 1

thanks.

Awesome.....Charman is a late withdrawal as well......now I'm only down 5 players this week. ::)

I've had Mackie, Drummond, Raines, West, Charman, Priddis, Tarrant and Lovett-murray miss games through injury and Hartless is still out suspended. Off to a good start. :clap

jimbler said:
Awesome.....Charman is a late withdrawal as well......now I'm only down 5 players this week. ::)

I've had Mackie, Drummond, Raines, West, Charman, Priddis, Tarrant and Lovett-murray miss games through injury and Hartless is still out suspended. Off to a good start. :clap

Who'd be a coach then eh?! :hihi

pharace said:
Good luck this week Capt..........just not much ;) ;D
Not making any excuses BUT
when your fwd line looks like swiss cheese what hope have i got lol

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Not making any excuses BUT
when your fwd line looks like swiss cheese what hope have i got lol

Like the little boy standing at the dyke - use whatever you've got to plug the holes ;D

Joel Bowden
Kayne Pettifer

Both Out.

TW knows about this comp and is deliberately paying me back for any negative talk I may or may not have said about him. ;D

God this club is frustrating.

Also add T. Boyle as an out.

Dennis Armfield may bring me to only 2 players down as hes on extended bench. I just don't see him getting a start, so I will be 3 down.

U2Tigers said:
Dennis Armfield may bring me to only 2 players down as hes on extended bench. I just don't see him getting a start, so I will be 3 down.

Just an Emg now :-X

Although I may be biased based on my position in each league I think that the 8 coaches in Ultimate footy is probably the right number. There is just not enough talent for 16 coaches. In Ultimate there are still decent players to draft and you can field a team each week, while still be draft based.

Maybe 12 coaches could work too but to me it looks like 8 is the right number.

The scoring in SC/DT is probably better overall but I must admit I am getting used to UF and adjusting my thinking based on the categories.