The season of the cockroaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The season of the cockroaches

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We mightve won the flag, but the HATE towards us has gone into overdrive.
*even before we picked up lynch "how can the premiers add the best forward into there side for nothing?"
*the Fixture
*The season was a write off after we lost Rance.
*Dusty getting reported, they made him out like he 'Barry Hall' the GWS player.
*lynch looked a 85 year old.
*7 games in a row at the MCG
*umpires destroying us week in week out.
*Grimes holding Cameron
*jack being bagged after one quite game.
*everyone baracking for GWS.
*The compensation from the loss of Ellis.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
*even before we picked up lynch "how can the premiers add the best forward into there side for nothing?"
*the Fixture
*Grimes holding Cameron
Bring it!
We wear their hate like a warm ruggy.
F#*k 'em.

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
But, we love our Tiges more than we ever have and there are so many of us! Yellow and Black!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
All this makes the win even sweeter to us, and it allows Dimma and the team to use the fortress mentality as a spur.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Let’s wear their hate as a pair of sunnies to shade our eyes from the glow from our premiership cups.

Reactions: 5 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Notice when Grimes took a dive the media jumped all over him, yet notice the difference when Stagerfield did it in the Prelim?

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
As a club we need to be much much better manage the media narrative. We constantly get killed, the Grimes vs Dangerfield 'diving' contrast was huge. The Barrett, Lyon hatchet job on Ellis compensation enormous. The nonsense about the 7 home games at the end of the season. You can say we are bigger than that and get on with it - BS - the media makes the world go around.

I cannot stand Eddie Maguire, but he simply does not let this happen to Collingwood. Not managing the media is detrimental to our club. We are now are brilliantly run club, but this is one key area we need to improve.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
As a club we need to be much much better manage the media narrative. We constantly get killed, the Grimes vs Dangerfield 'diving' contrast was huge. The Barrett, Lyon hatchet job on Ellis compensation enormous. The nonsense about the 7 home games at the end of the season. You can say we are bigger than that and get on with it - BS - the media makes the world go around.

I cannot stand Eddie Maguire, but he simply does not let this happen to Collingwood. Not managing the media is detrimental to our club. We are now are brilliantly run club, but this is one key area we need to improve.

Spot on
Just wait for 2020 draw.
We get WC away rd 23
Trips to Brisbane & Adelaide after the bye.
Double header interstate trips

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Notice when Grimes took a dive the media jumped all over him, yet notice the difference when Stagerfield did it in the Prelim?
And they also managed to ignore the fact that Zorko did it in the same game as Grimes. He was even fined for it!

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Spot on
Just wait for 2020 draw.
We get WC away rd 23
Bring it on...we win those games and then let them find something else to pick on. 2017 it was a soft draw, 2019 7 consecutive games at the G. We actually never beat anyone who was good. We were just lucky and part of the AFL Illuminati.:))

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

More than happy for the narrative to be " Premiership Richmond " how the *smile* did they do that? For all of Fat Eddies manipulation of the media narrative, his Colonwood mob have been fairly thin on the ground recently.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
*the Fixture
*Grimes holding Cameron
That's why I'll be as cocky as I can be when other supporters start asking me questions or make comments on us.

Best thing in the last week is seeing Chokingwood supporters angry with jealousy and give me a cold shoulder at times. Stick it where the sun don't shine dude!!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Spot on
Just wait for 2020 draw.
We get WC away rd 23

Guaranteed Zips. Guaranteed it will be a draw from hell.

Top couple of the hardest draws given by the AFL.

Media have made sure of it.
Winning the premiership even more so.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Guaranteed Zips. Guaranteed it will be a draw from hell.

Top couple of the hardest draws given by the AFL.

Media have made sure of it.
Winning the premiership even more so.
Didn’t we have one of the hardest rated draws last season? You can never work this out at the start of the season. They don’t factor in things like Brisbane’s rise, Melbourne’s fall and the injuries that hit us over the first half of the season.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Didn’t we have one of the hardest rated draws last season? You can never work this out at the start of the season. They don’t factor in things like Brisbane’s rise, Melbourne’s fall and the injuries that hit us over the first half of the season.

True Carn !

But somehow they will and it’s guaranteed that our last 7 are not at the G.

There will be a heavy emphasis on interstate trips towards the end.

That’s what I think. But ultimately it will be to the detriment of the AFL.

100k supporters will mean less $ to their coffers, to the studios & to the A’s Maso often calls them, AFL suits!

Let’s see!

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
i reckon we will get an easy draw

the teams we play twice will have all finished below us this year

• Love
Reactions: 3 users