The season of the cockroaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The season of the cockroaches

There will be a horror draw... for our opposition every week.

Anytime, anywhere, that's the mentality of champions
This! our opposition have to play us every week whereas we get to play them, big difference.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I wont be surprised we get to travel for the 8 interstate clubs a first for a Victorian club & Geel at their dump.
I also wont be surprised we win most of these games as well as go onto win another flag next year too.
Then what haters?!?! :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
As a club we need to be much much better manage the media narrative. We constantly get killed, the Grimes vs Dangerfield 'diving' contrast was huge. The Barrett, Lyon hatchet job on Ellis compensation enormous. The nonsense about the 7 home games at the end of the season. You can say we are bigger than that and get on with it - BS - the media makes the world go around.

I cannot stand Eddie Maguire, but he simply does not let this happen to Collingwood. Not managing the media is detrimental to our club. We are now are brilliantly run club, but this is one key area we need to improve.

The reason the media drive the story about the Tiges is because none of the players, coaches or admin deviate from the script. We give them nothing, on purpose and it's the biggest FU imaginable. Some of Cotch's pressers are hilarious, he giggles at the questions before answering,.Some may see it as being arrogant, however it's not, the questions are just not relevant to his or the clubs state of mind, yet he has to provide an answer, so he usually say " nah, not really" and back to the script.

As a club we need to be much much better manage the media narrative. We constantly get killed, the Grimes vs Dangerfield 'diving' contrast was huge. The Barrett, Lyon hatchet job on Ellis compensation enormous. The nonsense about the 7 home games at the end of the season. You can say we are bigger than that and get on with it - BS - the media makes the world go around.

I cannot stand Eddie Maguire, but he simply does not let this happen to Collingwood. Not managing the media is detrimental to our club. We are now are brilliantly run club, but this is one key area we need to improve.
Sorry SOJ but we are a great club because we manage the "media noise" extremely well...we just ignore it. What's the point of squealing about the different treatment Danger got for his dive compared to Grimes? It's quite clear to everyone who saw it so to make an issue of it only plays into their hands and makes us look like we have nothing better to do. Who shows the most strength...Benny by ignoring the critics or Eddie by getting so defensive? You are correct, we are a brilliantly run club with a professional attitude that other clubs should follow.

Reactions: 4 users
It’s the same as the previous narrative about “Richmond has NO injuries” (while ignoring those we did have), or the total ignoring of that outrageous free kick differential in 2018. However, like others on here I think it is great that we don’t worry about this stuff and just keep winning.