The Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation Thread [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation Thread [Merged]

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
rosy23 said:
i'll look it up out out of interest but i reckon the moth thinks i talk enough already without having to listen to me talking to the computer as well..

He might find it better that you talk to the computer?

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
Give zips a break, he probably can't see half the characters on his keyboard what with all the spittle and bile covering it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Are the expansion clubs going to close our premiership window

Jake said:
On there banner last night 11000 members, get on board. What a bloody joke.

Their

(Had a gutfull of this bad grammar from kids)

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Re: Bachar Houli

zippadeee said:
Even if he was having a really bad day, he should've hit either Griffo or the new kids on the guts 40 out.
That kick into the 50 was disgraceful.
But he always does it.
Last week, I lost count how many times he refuse to go a contest
Is your maths worse than your english?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Re: Re: Bachar Houli

Tenacious said:
Is your maths worse than your english?

His *smile*, get over it. Someone else's *smile* becomes our treasure
And don't be a smart ass

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

zippadeee said:
His sh!t, get over it. Someone else's sh!t becomes our treasure
And don't be a smart ass

Zips,

His:
A pronoun used to refer to a thing belonging to or associated with a male. E.g. "His sh!t = Houli's excrement."

He is:
A phrase used to preface an adjective. A precursor to the description of a male. E.g. "He is sh!t = Houli is not performing to your ridiculous standards."

Thanks.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Coburgtiger said:
Zips,

His:
A pronoun used to refer to a thing belonging to or associated with a male. E.g. "His sh!t = Houli's excrement."

He is:
A phrase used to preface an adjective. A precursor to the description of a male. E.g. "He is sh!t = Houli is not performing to your ridiculous standards."

Thanks.

Sdend him bak to essendoeni

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
tigertim said:
So many people spelling truly as truely........

I prefer the second, don't know why.

[EDIT]..yes I do..surely. Why do we keep the "e" in "surely" but drop it in duly and truly. I say keep the "e" all the time. I like the "e". I'm mounting a rear-guard action to save e's.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
this 'there, their and they're' thing is really turning into plague proportions on social media. now even memes pics with the wrong spelling is coming into vogue. its driving me mad.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Ian4 said:
this This 'there, their and they're' thing is really turning into reaching plague proportions on social media. now Now, even memes pics (?) with the wrong spelling is are coming into vogue. its It's driving me mad.