Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

Ffs. He had zero competitive footbal last year and has had a massively interrupted season this year due to appendix. Is now been asked to play in possibly our worst midfield for years. Another that keeps playing. Has all the attributes to be a quality AFL player but needs another 2-3 pre seasons and matches

Reactions: 3 users
Ffs. He had zero competitive footbal last year and has had a massively interrupted season this year due to appendix. Is now been asked to play in possibly our worst midfield for years. Another that keeps playing. Has all the attributes to be a quality AFL player but needs another 2-3 pre seasons and matches

Yep. Keep playing him. Either way, we'll know what we have.

Reactions: 1 user
Started well but vanished. Killed a goalby propping. Not sure.

Our kids are not great.

Reactions: 2 users
Watched the replay to get a feel for Dow's role in this game. Dow seemed non existent in the second half watching live, and he really was on replay too. But he wasn't in the centre square at all, and played mainly as a forward where he barely touched it. Given how bad we were in the centre square (again), can't believe he wasn't given a crack in there.

10 disposals, 5 ineffective, 3 turnovers, nothing to write home about. Seemed a bit short of the game pace to me but gotta get games into these youngsters now.

Waaaaay too early to be making any concrete assessments. Has hardly played. RCD, Ross, Naish, Chol, Egg etc on the other hand….

Still not blown away here…

Most of us probably weren’t blown away by the likes of Shedda, Rance, Broad, Lambert, etc ……… at the same stage
Happy to give him time and certainly for the rest of this season

You have to remember these kids lost a full year of development last year with little to no competitive football.

On top of that, we haven't exactly had spots in the midfield for a few years to groom these kids with regular blocks of football with senior players around them to help and protect them while they develop in the senior side. They're not top 5 picks that can walk straight into a side and dominate games, they need some development.

Give them time, they'll be fine

Reactions: 3 users
You have to remember these kids lost a full year of development last year with little to no competitive football.

On top of that, we haven't exactly had spots in the midfield for a few years to groom these kids with regular blocks of football with senior players around them to help and protect them while they develop in the senior side. They're not top 5 picks that can walk straight into a side and dominate games, they need some development.

Give them time, they'll be fine
Plenty of kids at other clubs don’t seem too affected by the covid year.

I think the reality is that our kids are just not very good.

Reactions: 1 users
Plenty of kids at other clubs don’t seem too affected by the covid year.

I think the reality is that our kids are just not very good.
unfortunately i think you're right. our kids look average at best, if we dont get some elite young talent in the door soon we could be in for a very loooong rebuild.