Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
certainly taking his time, but I can see the shed comparisons at the same age.

Barely touched it, but when he did he broke up the game

Reactions: 1 user

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Dow has genuine talent. Only time will tell if he makes it. Needs to be given a few consecutive games to get the feel of AFL level.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Liked the glimpses , however geez he looks light , the appendix thing looks like a great way to drop a few kegs, pretty sure I still have both of mine :cool: , we really need him to baulk up over summer , his going to be a big factor next season with Meatball soft tissued out, Skip old, Dusty becoming more of a forward, Ross looking gone . To push again we need another A grade mid in the mix

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Liked the glimpses , however geez he looks light , the appendix thing looks like a great way to drop a few kegs, pretty sure I still have both of mine :cool: , we really need him to baulk up over summer , his going to be a big factor next season with Meatball soft tissued out, Skip old, Dusty becoming more of a forward, Ross looking gone . To push again we need another A grade mid in the mix
You must be a freak if you have two appendix o_O

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Not a game yesterday to be remembered by club and supporters alike but Dow show that he could make it on the big stage even if he was a little out of his depth at times. We have to persevere with these kids

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
What I like are his clean hands. Seems to be a one touch footballer with good vision and handball awareness. Kicking is iffy though.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I'd like to have a look at Cumberland.
Last couple of games I've seen in the magoos, he seems to have the Richmond man down pat. Gives away downfield frees n fifties by being insignificantly grumpy at the wrong time.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I’m not out on him but I’m not in.

I still have RCD a long way ahead.
I have Stack better than both. By a margin.
He’s done things against men that the others have only dreamt of doing against boys.
Most pure junior talent to walk into the club since Matty Knights.
If he can regain 2019, he’ll remind everyone again that he’s better than Rozee and Arrow Boy. Could be on par with Butters who’s also a gun.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
I have Stack better than both. By a margin.
He’s done things against men that the others have only dreamt of doing against boys.
Most pure junior talent to walk into the club since Matty Knights.
If he can regain 2019, he’ll remind everyone again that he’s better than Rozee and Arrow Boy. Could be on par with Butters who’s also a gun.
Indeed.
Sydney is gifted. His last 12m of “experiences” would undoubtedly have been painful, but may just be the making of him as a person and as a footballer.
Dow has talent but needs strength, experience and belief. I would leave him in the seniors if at all possible.
RCD has self-doubt, is one dimensional and lacks footy nous. He also should be played in the seniors if at all possible, so at years end Blair and the MC remain under no illusions about the lack of depth in our midfield stocks, and can therefore plan and draft accordingly.

Reactions: 5 users