Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

A better prospect than Ross. Clearly.

Reactions: 1 user
All things being equal, I reckon Dow could be a pretty good player for the Tigers. He seemed to have a good presence about him for a player of so little senior experience. I'll be very keen to keep an eye on his progress next year and beyond.

I know nothing about his brother at Carlton ... but if he's any good would be interesting to see if the Tigers could make a play for him.

The 10 contested possessions ( most of any player) he had suggests otherwise.
I was thinking more as a centre bounce midfielder. Happy to proven wrong as we desperately need a new young player to be the next Cotchin type midfielder. On Saturday's game, Dow looked better given he had space to move and won contested ball in the context of contests around the ground rather than stoppage.

As a winger. No convinced Dow is a ball winning midfielder.
Jeez, he's got good hands, moves well in heavy traffic (agility and acceleration) and appears a good decision maker. Had a lot of interruptions. Can only imagine he gets better in these areas with more strength/fitness. Looks to have all the qualities of a genuine mid to me.

Reactions: 2 users
he's got acceleration and movement in congestion like a young chris judd. can get the ball and make space for himself very quickly. kicking is a bit suspect though. interesting to see how his career pans out.

The kid moves very well across the ground, a touch of class about him.

Reactions: 1 users
I missed the game so didn't get to see the lad put on a good game.

What opposition top liner does he play like just to give me an idea where he is best suited?

Is he like a Hunter from the Dogs, Duncan from Sooks, Parish from Drugs type, a Rory Sloane or Walsh type from the Blues.

Obvioulsy this lot are racking up massive numbers, but as a youngster does Dow play similar to any of these guys or is there someone else that he is more akin to in his play.

What opposition top liner does he play like just to give me an idea where he is best suited?

Is he like a Hunter from the Dogs, Duncan from Sooks, Parish from Drugs type or Walsh type from the Blues.

Obvioulsy this trio are racking up massive numbers, but as a youngster does Dow play similar to any of these guys or is there someone else that he is more akin to in his play.
Moved a bit like Danger to be honest, but without the sheer explosiveness

Is he like a Hunter from the Dogs, Duncan from Sooks, Parish from Drugs type, a Rory Sloane or Walsh type from the Blues.

Obvioulsy this lot are racking up massive numbers, but as a youngster does Dow play similar to any of these guys or is there someone else that he is more akin to in his play.
Moves a bit like Robert Harvey but built more like David Bourke

This is hard to answer. Just watched the replay.
He was relaxed and unhurried.
Hand balled more than kicked.
Upright and steady.
Had a nice step.
Kicked well.
Not quick but seemed to have plenty of time.
A bit like Pendlebury but obviously right footed and not yet as good in heavy traffic.
Made the wing seem like it was not hard enough for him.
I think it is possible he will be a midfield distributor . Not hard in and under. Not explosive, but could get 30 possessions and not be noticed as he would dish off to others each time.
So I think Pendlebury is the closest comparison.

Upright and steady.
Had a nice step.
Kicked well.
A bit like Pendlebury but obviously right footed and not yet as good in heavy traffic.
I think it is possible he will be a midfield distributor . Not hard in and under. Not explosive, but could get 30 possessions and not be noticed as he would dish off to others each time.
Cheers P and T

Upright and steady.
Had a nice step.
Kicked well.
Thanks for the summary mate, appreciate the effort.