Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Watched Paddy a bit this year and think he's tracking ok. Definitely no superstar and butchers it a bit too much for my liking but the pedigree is good.
His numbers aren't great, which is not the be all.
It's worth noting that RCD has better stats this year (disposals, tackles, clearances)

Whats his long term position?

Feb 25, 2007
Dow signs on

Thomson Dow speaks to Richmond media about signing on for 2 years.
Dow, 19, has shown promising signs across his first two seasons at the Club, after being selected with the Tigers’ first pick, No. 21 overall at the 2019 NAB AFL Draft.
Dow was able to break into the eventual premiers’ side for two matches in 2020 and has added another four games this season, including one as the medical substitute.
The youngster has averaged 17 disposals and four marks from the three AFL matches he has started in this season, including a breakout 22-possession performance against North Melbourne.
Richmond General- Football Talent Blair Hartley said it was pleasing to lock away the three players.
“Kamdyn and Jason have been outstanding contributors for us across the journey, particularly as regular members in the senior team the past five years,” he added.
“Both add specific skill sets that are important to the way we play and are excellent trainers and characters to have around the group.
“Thomson has worked hard across his first two years at the Club and has shown plenty of upside despite the interruptions he has faced. He is a player that we are really excited about.
“We are thrilled to have Jason, Kamdyn and Thomson sign on and look forward to seeing more of them across the next two years.”

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
This is a good signing. Now to be training next to Edwards and Lambert all preseason so he can make the next step next year.

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I can't get any straight line numbers for Dow. Anybody got a 20m time?

BTW tested fourth for agility in his year. Did the tyre step drill to waltz into goal a fortnight ago.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Congrats to the kid on the re signing.

We need Dow and RCD to step up another level next year.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Terrible time for young players. Limited VFL time has hurt guys like Dow

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Think we’re catastrophising way too early. Almost everyone was abysmal last night. I think the senior players are exhausted and have already checked out (subconsciously). The juniors can’t help but be dragged down by that.
This. Dow has kept showing glimpses this year, and is tracking progressively forward from 2020 IMO. His brother has been a much slower burn at Cartoon and started showing some really positive signs finally. I reckon we have the better brother. But both very lightly built - people need to be patient while Paddy develops the body for AFL midfield play.

He has the skills. Like I posted after seeing his draft highlights video, think of a young Sheds. Took years for him to really demonstrate his capabilities too.

Last edited: