Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

Watched it
Personally I would leave Pickett forward for another couple of weeks
Just trying to think of what the match committee might consider

Would like to see either Dow or Ross be given a go in the middle. Unfortunately at this point the club needs to prioritise this weeks win over long term and this may mean that Pickett goes to the wing
I can see why Pickett is deep small med forward for his contested ability and hassle defensively

I m guessing it will be a largely open free running game which might suit him

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to Thomson. I’m not holding my breath but hoping for the best for him.
There is nothing he has done thus far that gives me any confidence he is a lesser version of his brother. But again fingers crossed he can turn it on

Bring the skill set with winning clearances and being defensive minded like Hopper in not allowing the Bombers mids to get walk outs. This is why he is in the team over Sonsie. Fingers crossed he shows this time he belongs.

Reactions: 5 users
Yes, said to have elite hands. Came third in agility run at the combine, average 20 metre sprint (3.06).
He should get an extended run at least with Hopper missing for a while. 3-4 games to have an impact at AFL level. Ball is in his court.

It’s the right selection given his VFL form, us needing to know whether he’s up to the standard and other midfield options such as Sonsie struggling for form/fitness.

Its do or die for Dow this round, his career is on the line. Crossroads moment.

Reactions: 1 users
Thought he looked good last year in the middle apart from his disposal which was worse than diabolical. If he has fixed this up it will be promising for him. He really stood out to me last year in the Crows game live, kept getting and extracting the ball from packs.

He was playing pure mid in yesterday's match sim and match play training drills. Looked good and even hit targets by foot.

Reactions: 3 users
We've tested pretty much everybody else this year. Dow was in line for selection a couple of weeks ago. Makes sense. He's 21yo. Still not a mature prospect.

When he gets a senior gig he does play tight. He's doing what we ask. His handball used to be good but at VFA level he has been taught to break the line and kick. And he used to break sideways every time he got the ball; he's corrected that. Run straight. Kick ball. Find target is next. He can do it a level below.

I hope he gets a good run at it. I'm wondering if his hands shouldn't be given a better chance. Let's see.

Reactions: 5 users
He was playing pure mid in yesterday's match sim and match play training drills. Looked good and even hit targets by foot.
I think people exaggerate about his poor kicking. I’m sure we’ll see tomorrow night though. I’m really happy he’s getting a chance

I think he's very good by hand,maybe even potential to be elite. I think he's below average to poor by foot.
Put him in and under and feeding out to someone, but please don't let him kick it.

I think people exaggerate about his poor kicking. I’m sure we’ll see tomorrow night though. I’m really happy he’s getting a chance
He actually makes Ralphsmith look like Doc Holliday.
But I do wish him a root’n toot’n good time