Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

Thomson Dow (28 disposals, 16 contested possessions, 11 clearances, five inside-50s)

"Was absolutely outstanding on the weekend, leading the way with 11 clearances. He was a big reason as to why we were able to win the clearance battle despite being beaten in hit-outs."
Earnt a game. Replace Sonsie with Dow.

Reactions: 1 user
Get him in the bloody side he adds some quick reflex to a mid pack that looks slow , his handball looks to be quite creative that adds value , give him a shot

Can’t be any worse than a number of players against Gold Coast. Take your pick.

?? Injured, banned? Never again? Looks thicker and more manly and a bit grown up. Line must have gone through him though

Strange. He was listed on Friday in the VFL team selection as out due to injury, but not listed in the injury update today.

1684143266475.png

Selection this week will be interesting and tell us a little about the coaching staff think
Scenarios I can see
Ross into the middle Pickett to wing Cumberland in as forward
Pickett to wing Cumberland forward
Dow in as a direct replacement
Many other possibilities I am sure
If Dow doesn’t get a go i think it tells us that the Match Committee does not see his skills as a good match for the 2023 game
Do think that he is very good in close but polish in more space not up to it

Watched it
Personally I would leave Pickett forward for another couple of weeks
Just trying to think of what the match committee might consider

Would like to see either Dow or Ross be given a go in the middle. Unfortunately at this point the club needs to prioritise this weeks win over long term and this may mean that Pickett goes to the wing

Reactions: 3 users
Pickett is our new hybrid CHF. Was brillant last week. Did you not watch last weeks game?
I think it's been noted already, but he appears to be the George replacement. Good pressure on the ground and also able to impact marking contests.

I think it's been noted already, but he appears to be the George replacement. Good pressure on the ground and also able to impact marking contests.
yeah agreed. Has the speed and agility to make the marking contest and prevent an intercept.
A defacto CHF pack busting turbo charged maelstrom.
George. Snarlin.
Both made for it

On Dow and drafting, the 2019 draft is very light.
After him is a handful who have made their team's best 22.

Chad Warner, Trent Rivers, Kidean Coleman (academy), Michael Frederick Freo, Harry Schoenburg
One very decent mid, a couple of half back flankers, a small forward.

I was dead keen on Deven Robertson. Brisbane went and got Dunkley in a similar parallel to Dow.
In short we shouldnt be hard on the club here

Reactions: 8 users
Massive game to come back into. Great faith shown my MC.
Good luck to him.
Can't wait to see him tear it up.

Reactions: 2 users
Could be Dows most important opportunity this week, and it might get him a few weeks to cover Hopper if he can impact enough.

He has Sonsie to keep at bay and needs to make his mark.

He doesn't need to dominate by any, means but he needs to make a case for himself as he is running out of time and opportunities will become less as the weeks pass by.

It's now for Thom.

Reactions: 8 users