Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Re: Thoroughbred Horce Racing

struggletown3121 said:
Are we still on Alinghi with Ollie on board with only 52kgs??

Seems very well weighted with 52kgs, you'd think she'll be right in the finish. Ollie starving himself from Thursday night to make the weight.

Quinella Alinghi with Spark of Life.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne

Just noticed that Recapitilize is also in the Lightning on Saturday, I'm a big fan of Ellerton trained horses down the straight at Flemington.

At 57.5kg will need to be at his best, I'll have to have a closer look at the form before Saturday.

I also need some tips for the night meeting at the Valley on Thursday night.

bear

ohh yeh
Jan 30, 2005
Melbourn

I think we should discuss. our jockey selections,
if i see a horse i like then see oliver, i rarely back it,
he has lost me so much money.
every time i went to the races he would cop a spray from me every time he went past.
over rated.
i have four jockeys i think are the best goin round
Nick Ryan 18 yr old alot of potential
Jason Benbow young claims three
Baster Brings home the long odds horses, does everything to win, including running into other horses causing them to crash in to the rail and making them finish last, losing me alot of money.
Danny Nickolic smart jockey who i give respect to

I would like to know everyones thoughts

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

Well Humphrey,you named my golden boy.

Nick Ryan is no longer a kid with potential,but a first class jockey.
He has won me a stack since November,including his memorable 5 winners on New Years day,which netted me 4 winners and a $52 running double 10 times to finish the day. :beer
I like Ollie, Nikolic, Corey Brown,Luke Nolen(Nolen-Moody very underrated team)
and Noel Callow was good for midweek bushrides once upon a time.
Blake Shinn is another with great potential,and Glenn Boss is the best lightweight rider in Australia.

I particularly despise Craig Newitt for his part in the Leone Chiara affair which I backed for a sizeable amount in that paticular stitch up. :mad:

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

Will do a bit of homework on your pony, struggs. I'm already pretty familiar with the ones you mentioned, Bear and largely agree.

Hey, Frah. I don't bet on 2yo's at all until the Slipper and then just a moderate interest. BTW the 2yo I back usually ends up being a top 3yo. and 3yo's are my preference. No takers on 2you's yet. You're in the seat. :thumbsup

DF With Recapitalize. M.Ellerton...hmmm. His blurb for the Newmarket might read somthing like this. "Finished well without threatening in the Lightning then very disappointing at Caulfield. Prefer others." Time to bet. Mind you I'd have written exactly the same thing about Choisir before the Lightning last year and look where that got me. ;D Oh, sorry I'm a year behind. You know what I mean.

Oh Bear. LOL about BMS being corrupt. Obviously a joke. Libel otherwise. I know this trainer, another one, not BMS. Anyway one day I noticed him training his horses and he was sweating. Obviously a hot worker. Have you noticed BMS sweating when he trains? Maybe he's a hot worker too.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121

struggletown3121 said:
I particularly despise Craig Newitt for his part in the Leone Chiara affair which I backed for a sizeable amount in that paticular stitch up. :mad:
Have met Newitt, the kid has NFI and it's no wonder he got led astray. Apparently though he'll get rides right away when his suspension ends, the view is despite his problems he's just too talented not to put on.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

bear said:
I think we should discuss. our jockey selections,
if i see a horse i like then see oliver, i rarely back it,
he has lost me so much money.
every time i went to the races he would cop a spray from me every time he went past.
over rated.

Interesting comments about Oliver bear. While I've no doubt he is at least a good jockey, the thing that sh!ts me about him is that everytime he rides a winner, the caller/commentator waffles on about another masterful ride etc as though no other jockey was capable of it.

Bit like James Hird, every good bit of play results in comments of class and talent and no other player could blah blah blah but when he blunders or is beaten, they say he must be injured. Refer the last quarter of their finals match v Geelong last year. As Essendon charged, Hird missed a soda yet when the game was beyond them, he snags a great snapshop which had Quartermain and Walls in raptures. Never heard another thing about his crucial easy miss.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

I think james Hird's a bit better than Ollie, jb. The trouble with jockeys is that they keep riding after they retire. ;D

Don't mind Newitt's riding when he's in form, Ready. Some people think that most, if not all jockeys, have ridden a dead'un in their time. Not me though, I think jockeys are the most scrupulous persons outside the carnival. ;D

frahlee

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2004
MELBOURNE

struggletown3121 said:
LMAO@ Lord Volkstraad,biggest bridesmaid ever to run :rofl
LMAO@ Modern Era for being the most over-rated hose possibly ever :rofl
Spot on Struggle. Find myself tumbling to Mayfield Smith's all too often and more often than not are under the odds. Lord Volksrad trapped me again on the weekend after I swore never again. Can't get off the boat just yet, have actually laid eyes on some of his babies at his pre training facility, and there are not enough zeros on the calculator to add up what they are worth. If you love your horses, heaven on earth. Got to pat a Danehill and a Zabeel. Just can't find out their racing names damn it.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

Ah, Lord Volksraad. Is he 27 for 1 on a dry track? How many has he won at 1400?

I think if you followed Bear's tip you'd never fall into another BMS shortie again Frahlee. But he was just joking.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong

Oliver is good man, cant knock him. Although he gets most of his rides with horses under 12-1. Just keep on Delzao who is resuming soon for the Aus Cup.

Great Race this sat with fastnet rock v alinghi, toughie

bear

ohh yeh
Jan 30, 2005
Melbourn

Done worry about those horses bunnerz,
Stikeline from the hot worker brian mayfield smith, will go round in blistering.
but fastnet will beat allinghi

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

Bunnerz said:
Oliver is good man, cant knock him. Although he gets most of his rides with horses under 12-1. Just keep on Delzao who is resuming soon for the Aus Cup.

Great Race this sat with fastnet rock v alinghi, toughie

Most of Olivers rides are with Lee Freedmans stable Bunnerz,so you have arguably the best trainer and jockey on the horse which always shorten its odds.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003

Heavy track at Money Valley will make things a real lottery I'd say. Maybe Magic Notes in race 3?

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale

Agree Disco, a lottery indeed.

My money and I are not to be parted tonight :angel:

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

Death Valley. I'm with you guys. BTW Hartbalme always nice to have an Oakleigh Plate winner in the stable. Got a piece at the 33s way back.

Charnwood Green was a great get too, struggs. You were hot. Holding your form?

I've got a mild general pot on Alinghi. Will be looking to get her rolled at short odds this Autumn subject to field strength, trip, likely pace etc. I am beginning to think she likes the jar out of the ground.

We should do the Lightning form when the finals come out. What if we have a cyber two-bob-in? We can do it on the feature races. I'm thinking each poster puts in two bob. Winners split the pot. All welcome of course.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale

Acceptances here

http://www.ozracing.net.au/cgi-bin/rsb/public/al_format_wgt_rtg.cgi/0502FLEM.DFA?State=V

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

I'll make my calls today Dragga,but as Disco has mentioned,a wet Money Valley is my two least favorite scenarios when punting.
What an enigma the valley is,its brought undone the best horses its so unique with its tight turns and astroturf (or whatever its called Strathayr??)

dmx

Formulating Intrinsic Mechanisms
Apr 21, 2004

Chut in anything it runs in.