Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The first bit of spring intrigue tomoz.

Will Russian Camelot seize spring by the balls?

I suspect so. I suspect he may be a freak between 1 and 2 miles. Who sits 3 wide for an entire G1 mile and a half, then turns into Chautauqua in the final 600?

Feirce Impact the danger imho.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think Fasika against the mares in Sydney is a good thing too.

flying apparently

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bowman needs another 6 week holiday.
I suspect you are talking about his ride on Farnan. Didn't it go like a scolded cat, he rode it like there was a posse, or a heap of Indians chasing him.
I don't know whether it got away from him, but it had no chance after going that hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bowman needs another 6 week holiday.

for that ride on Farnan?

seemed crooked. Gai tweets he wont be beaten, ever. and then Hugh kicks him into a lather, while Robbie and Tom back Rothfire?

talking of never being beaten,

there isnt a horse in Australia who will beat Russian Camelot beyond 2000m this year.

he is a Freak

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Bowman argued horse got a hold of him, adjourned to examine betting records. Nothing will come of it, but punters should be livid. I didn't back Farnan today (or Rothfire ) As always wary of two year old champs resuming in spring. Backed another NASD Doubtland in Melb.
Think there will be more on your RC bandwagon.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bowman argued horse got a hold of him, adjourned to examine betting records. Nothing will come of it, but punters should be livid. I didn't back Farnan today or Rothfire either As always wary of two year old champs resuming in spring. Backed another NASD Doubtland in Melb.

as soon as I became aware of Gai's tweet, I resolved to back Rothfire, then forgot.

yeah RC into $4 for the Turnbull $5 for the cox plate

took a hunk of the same day RC cox plate/Tigers Flag double at $15

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I backed Fierce Impact but definitely jumping on the RC wagon. Gyps reckons it can win all three big ones.

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I backed Fierce Impact but definitely jumping on the RC wagon. Gyps reckons it can win all three big ones.

I saved on fierce impact so got the RC revelation for free. and what a revelation.

they reckon he's travels 11 meters further than the winner, first up, over an unsuitable distance,

and almost nutted the best miler in Australia, after being headed and kicking again.

it was extraordinary. Thats a 4 length win, even one off the fence

I reckon I might see Gyps in the dental prosthesis clinic on October 25,

getting the same gold tooth with a black pearl composite diagonal stripe inlay with a secret little castle flying a Russian flag scrimshawed on the back,

to commemorate the historic cox plate/premiership running double.

gotta have a chunk fellas, even $1 ( a grand if you want the commemorative tooth)

just to tell the grandkids.

Jeez if you really want a story, go for the tooth with $10/$50,000 on the Russian Camelot/Oleg Markov Norm Smith double

(expect Sportsbet to put that up the Russian double 'special' at 25-1 with a max bet of 50cents)

imagine that?

He simply does not lose again this spring.

The horse that casts the golden tooth.

Last edited:
  • Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bowman argued horse got a hold of him, adjourned to examine betting records. Nothing will come of it, but punters should be livid. I didn't back Farnan today (or Rothfire ) As always wary of two year old champs resuming in spring. Backed another NASD Doubtland in Melb.
A Willie Pike special on Doubtland, a peach of a ride.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

help us out here Gyps ....

I thought from here, he would go Turnbull, Cox Plate, Melbourne Cup

but the trainer said Underwood, Caulfield stakes, Cox Plate (then I assume they have a crack at The Cup?) - this path makes sense on a 2 weeks spaced runs and a steady distance progression with the Cox 4th up - I just cant accept a trainer telling the truth

I admire them single mindedly targeting the Cox Plate with the best horse in the land (eh hum, get *smile* ed Bob Peters),

But this horse, with 53kg simply strolls home in the Caulfield Cup.

Can they/will they fit it in?

Its important because CC/CP/MC markets are all-in, whereas you can have a throw at the stumps in the Pre-noms markets in the others.

the only luxurious odds on offer are in the Caulfield Cup, I guess this is because the bookies are complete *smile*?

Underwood $3, Turnbull $4, Caulfield Stakes $3.5, Caulfield Cup $11, Cox Plate $6, Cup $9.5

thoughts?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
there isnt a horse in Australia who will beat Russian Camelot beyond 2000m this year.

he is a Freak

Inclined to agree with you easy.
Surprise Baby was huge in the Melbourne Cup last year, and was good first up. Will be a mouthwatering clash if they both make it to the Melbourne Cup.

< Movies | NRL >