Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
La Tigeresa goes around again today in the last at the Valley.
Was very, very unlucky last start, cost me a very tidy place Multi. Has got the services of Ollie, the money man.
She goes around again today, has been a good thing beaten in her 2 runs this campaign, not going to get much of a price.
I like Super Yulong in race 3, he's had a bit of specking too, I shopped early.
Good luck punters.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I’m sure most of my fellow PREder brothers and sisters who like a punt have heard the saying “back Pike in the last”, or “ back Pike, and drink what you like”
Well brothers and sisters, Pike is riding “Drinkwhatyoulike” in the last at Northam today.
Gamble responsibly.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I saw a replay of Hugh Bowman’s ride in race 1 in Rosehill this morning. A shocking ride that was super dangerous. Will get a few months out of the saddle as a suspension.

• Wow

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
I saw a replay of Hugh Bowman’s ride in race 1 in Rosehill this morning. A shocking ride that was super dangerous. Will get a few months out of the saddle as a suspension.

The worse I've seen since Josh Cartwright. Deserves a year.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A horse called No Nonsense, has been declared a non runner because the jockey wasn't on it's back when the starter let them go:oops:
I'd call that a lot of Nonsense.
I wonder whether they have the equivalent of JobKeeper in England, because the starter might be looking for a new job.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Super weird one.

Bowman had a highway through on the rail but seemingly right angled into traffic?

Was the rail a quagmire?

Horrible. That ride would make frankie dettori blush
Yeah that is what i thought too. Seemed to be plenty of room to go up the rail. Have they announced his penalty yet, can't see it anywhere.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Why would they need to do that? NOrmally penalties are announced on the day a la Rodd
Yes it's not like they don't have vision of it, as well as stewards vision.
With Bowman being the favourite son, they probably want Adkins to say something favourable, which will mean's they'll give him a month instead a minimum of 3 months.
There's also the tragic loss of Hot 'N' Hazy, which had to be euthanised. And on top of that it was a very promising horse, here's an article from last Tuesday.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Was on Bowman's horse - Blew my mind how brutal it was.

Was knees deep with the kids at the time, but when looked later totally expected Adkins to have died the way he got sandwiched and came down.

Has to be a very harsh penalty.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Was on Bowman's horse - Blew my mind how brutal it was.

Was knees deep with the kids at the time, but when looked later totally expected Adkins to have died the way he got sandwiched and came down.

Has to be a very harsh penalty.

Still waiting for a rational explanation to why bowman didnt cruise up the rail. Gap looked 2 wide?

I can only offer 3 explanations: 1. The rail was a bog (implausible in race 1?) 2. The horse shied (expect the unexpected with 2yos) or 3. Hugh tried to murder Atkins.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Only 6 weeks for Bowman. Seems pretty light.
Yeh, back in time for the big spring races - farce. And his released statement is a joke. He should be offering to pay for the horse he killed not just apologising for it. Gone down a few pegs in my book.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yep horrible. Cant believe he pleaded not guilty.

Would have come out far better if took his medicine on the chin.

Reactions: 1 user