Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There are a lot of ifs in racing being a backmatker adds a few more to equation. Good pay day for connections nonetheless.
Yep, back markers certainly add to the excitement of the nags. The likes of Chautauqua and Masked crusader have you on the edge of your seat.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yep, back markers certainly add to the excitement of the nags. The likes of Chautauqua and Masked crusader have you on the edge of your seat.
Well, the Chat had you on the edge of your seat before the race even began. You didn’t know what the hell it was gonna do (or not do) when the gates opened.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Hah hah hah. Those pesky horses.
Pesky alright, I needed Homesman to run a drum to have a great day, a win would've been even better, multis and all ups. It ran second in the Caulfield Cup behind Best Solution off a seven day break, so mug punter me...................................
But there's always next week, speaking of next week I'd back Incentivise up and run it it in the Cox Plate on Saturday............. I'd find something to beat it :cry:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Pesky alright, I needed Homesman to run a drum to have a great day, a win would've been even better, multis and all ups. It ran second in the Caulfield Cup behind Best Solution off a seven day break, so mug punter me...................................
But there's always next week, speaking of next week I'd back Incentivise up and run it it in the Cox Plate on Saturday............. I'd find something to beat it :cry:
Well, if it was easy, it wouldn’t be fun. Then again, easy money is always fun. *smile* I Dunno.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
What....a...hic....horse....hic...soooo...much.......money.....hic....how...does....leysy.....hic...hide...it...from...mrs....leysy...hic.

Any...advice...appreciated......hic

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Interesting watching the contrast between Colette running home over the top under vigorous riding by Damian Lane which earned him a suspension, and the same rider powerless to lift the sitting duck Malkovich after dropping the whip in the concluding stages.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What....a...hic....horse....hic...soooo...much.......money.....hic....how...does....leysy.....hic...hide...it...from...mrs....leysy...hic.

Any...advice...appreciated......hic

you've just gotta pay the thithe leysy.

Mrs.Ez always quietens when I give her a wad of cash and say, with a rummy glaze,

'buy yourself a new dress' ..... then I can never resist overplaying it .....

'this is what its like to be married to a genius'

$3 in the Melb Cup seems like quite an opportunity to treble our money again, does it not?

and trebling treblings, is a great way to pass the time until the draft.

• Haha

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yes good advice ET. Leysy squared the better half away today by having her choose a restaurant of her choice all expenses paid.

No more questions on the volume of winnings asked :)

Have two portfolio's left for the spring. Zaaki as last leg in various multi's between 50's and 200's to win the Plate to collect $5K.

Could quadruple that if Anamoe won the Golden Rose - moral beat. :cry:

The other is the great one in the Cup at average odds of $8.

You know how much will lay off - Zero.

Champion. And will keep saying backing against it is simply throwing money in the bin. Especially when keep getting near $3 at jump.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes good advice ET. Leysy squared the better half away today by having her choose a restaurant of her choice all expenses paid.

No more questions on the volume of winnings asked :)

Have two portfolio's left for the spring. Zaaki as last leg in various multi's between 50's and 200's to win the Plate to collect $5K.

Could quadruple that if Anamoe won the Golden Rose - moral beat. :cry:

The other is the great one in the Cup at average odds of $8.

You know how much will lay off - Zero.

Champion. And will keep saying backing against it is simply throwing money in the bin. Especially when keep getting near $3 at jump.

agree incentivise will simply win the Cup. Probably running away. And i reckon we will get $3.5 with the weight of money searching for something else

zaaki is my pick on a soft track but ill be following colette if its heavy.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

What do you reckon he jumps at Leysy?

given hes $2.5 now, I'm gonna say $3.3 will be seen on the day.

im gonna absolutely gorge on $3, if the track isnt heavy.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah you'll get $3 mate I reckon. Money will come for an international, or something that jumps out in one of the lead-ups - MV or Geelong Cups or the Lexus or whatever it's now called on Derby day.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
1.5kg penalty for the big fella. Small penalty but was poorly weighted originally on what it had achieved so all up about right.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
1.5kg penalty for the big fella. Small penalty but was poorly weighted originally on what it had achieved so all up about right.

what that take him to 57?

he might only win by 1 1/2 lengths.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
what that take him to 57?

he might only win by 1 1/2 lengths.
Yes, it is phenomenal if not astonishing to acknowledge that a horse which won its maiden some six months ago in country QLD would be favourite and carrying 57 kgs in the Cup.

Can’t wait to hear all the rhetoric and comparative analysis from Bwucey.

His contribution to the debate will be of Knights Order in scale and quantitative analysis.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Wonder if there will be question marks raised about its rise to stardom?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im backing Mo'ungo in The Plate EW tomo at luxury odds.

why?

1. took lengths off and almost beat Incentivise in the final 400m in the Maybe Diva, Kicked on and beat the late Sir Dragonet (who was tracking beautifully for the plate).

I think that the best form in the world right now.

2. Racing pattern is mid-field (rail, or wide, doesnt matter), and sustains a long run from 800m, which is required to win the Cox Plate. Doesnt have a brilliant sprint, but builds and sustains. Cox Plate.

3. drawn and ridden well.

4. doesnt have the risk profile of Zaaki or Verry Ellegant (form), or Probabeel (wet)

5. Incentivise formline surely the superior middle distance formline (see 1)

6. Tough. keeps coming, likes to win.

7. see Rosehill guineas win - 2000m, soft track.

8. $12/$4