Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Zaaki out. That's racing. Shame as will be 8 next year, history doesn't bode well for his chances then.
I still think VE has to be a solid chance. "Best" horse since Winx.

I think when Incentivise wins Nov 2, he'll be a clear best since winx

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Only truly fixed odds if you bet All In. i.e. no refunds for scratchings like Cup doubles.

yeah. they used to offer decent odds ALL IN,

but they dont anymore.

the bookies have innovated everything; you can look up a horses arse in the barrier live on your phone;

but they just keep skimping on the odds.

Its like the butcher who advertises 'best sausages in Australia',

and they're parcels of gristly, fatty, camel hump.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
yep money done cold. last leg of various futures multis starting at $57 and working up from there. Sigh.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The bookies who aren't crooks are weasels. It's always been thus. Most markets they'll build in profit margins of between 10% to whatever they can get away with. They use 'scraper' programs to monitor the other corps' sites and automatically adjust their markets so they're are all almost identical. They are only good for stinging at fixed odds when the initial market has it wrong and a $5 chance goes up at $7 or better, utilising the one booster bet they might still allow you after you've taken their money a few times.

@eZyT I know you don't like taking other punters' money (although that's effectively what you're doing anyway) but bookies also use Betfair and markets on there always evolve to under 102% by the jump. Even with the 10% commission you cop unless you're betting huge amounts, you still get better odds most of the time - the exception being when something shortens dramatically from its opening price. If you like a roughie you can get waaaay overs at times.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The bookies who aren't crooks are weasels. It's always been thus. Most markets they'll build in profit margins of between 10% to whatever they can get away with. They use 'scraper' programs to monitor the other corps' sites and automatically adjust their markets so they're are all almost identical. They are only good for stinging at fixed odds when the initial market has it wrong and a $5 chance goes up at $7 or better, utilising the one booster bet they might still allow you after you've taken their money a few times.

@eZyT I know you don't like taking other punters' money (although that's effectively what you're doing anyway) but bookies also use Betfair and markets on there always evolve to under 102% by the jump. Even with the 10% commission you cop unless you're betting huge amounts, you still get better odds most of the time - the exception being when something shortens dramatically from its opening price. If you like a roughie you can get waaaay overs at times.

back in 2016 - the year I cleaned Sportsbet out on Winx, they cancelled my odds boost without notice, never o be reinstated.

and my turnover and dissatisfaction must have put my mobile number on a billboard somewhere , cause I got a flurry of unsolicited inducement calls to join another bookie.

they were all offering me 10% rebate on my losses, paid monthly.

I said to them all, make it a 10% premium on my winnings paid monthly and you've got a new customer.

None took me up.

ive betted in cash at the TAB ever since.

• Haha

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Pondus is best weighted horse anywhere today. Wins the MV Cup.

Grace and Harmony in the last the other today.

Also still have Mo'unga at $21 pre deductions in the plate.

GL

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

yes mate they are all pricks.

Been either promo banned or accts been closed by all of neds, ladbrokes, sportsbet, elitebet plus some other smaller ones.

Of the majors only left to punt on are pointsbet and tab now. Find pointsbet the best.

Plus betfair where do most punting now.

Pricks who prey on the losing punter.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

And even then, when the markets go up they often have low maximums.

Betfair is better by far especially on wider horses. I’ve seen insane corporate markets at the jump. Pure greed.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Pricks who prey on the losing punter.

and handicap the winning punter.

but if your betting in cash, and splitting tix so you never collect over 10k,

they have absolutely no idea who you are.

wont be long before they close that loophole though.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
yep money done cold. last leg of various futures multis starting at $57 and working up from there. Sigh.

i had russian camelot prenoms in the turnbull last year into richmond flag.

RC didnt accept and they paid me for the tiger flag

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Johnny Allen has got a good set of elbows on him. There was nothing untoward, it just his style................ but I do think he's been watching Diverfield:cool:

< TV shows | NRL >