Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Backing Mo'unga, saving Tofane.
Poor ride by Kah on Mo Spook. Need to be in the first few today and she loses her position midfield and finds herself last on the turn. Rattled home but the winner has bolted. She won’t put that ride in her highlight reel.

Reactions: 1 user
The Champ too good.

one of the most timid rides I can recall seeing in a G1 by Tim Clarke.

wouldnt have won,

but someone like Bowman would have barged her out on the turn,

at least to have a crack.

Collette could not possibly have conditions more in her favour yet she puts in a career worse performance.

The winner is a great horse but not sure about the superlatives on that win. Two 100-1 pops ran the placings and the second horse nearly ran her down. Plus Duais at 100-1 just missed a place.

Will be happy to back Think It Over on a dry track against any of those; up to a mile anyway.

The Champ too good.

wouldnt have won,

I reckon the run was there ezy. She just didn’t quicken. Poor run.

But yeah Clark ain’t much chop.

Collette could not possibly have conditions more in her favour yet she puts in a career worse performance.

The winner is a great horse but not sure about the superlatives on that win. Two 100-1 pops ran the placings and the second horse nearly ran her down. Plus Duais at 100-1 just missed a place.

Will be happy to back Think It Over on a dry track against any of those; up to a mile anyway.
You are mad. VE has won 11 Group 1's. And TIO couldn run past one of the 100-1 pops you are talking about.

The Champ too good.

wouldnt have won,

Yep that ride was pitiful.

As punters we just want our horses to be given a chance, not ridden hands and heels down the entire straight.

You are mad. VE has won 11 Group 1's. And TIO couldn run past one of the 100-1 pops you are talking about.
Heavy 10 mate. Didn’t think TIO was any chance today. VE is a champ but just didn’t think that was such an impressive win in conditions to suit. With Collette running a shocker thought VE would have won a lot easier than that.

Yep that ride was pitiful.

As punters we just want our horses to be given a chance, not ridden hands and heels down the entire straight.
I thought the run was there Mops. She might have to muscle out a bit but just didn’t quicken like she usually does. Disappointing run.

I thought the run was there Mops. She might have to muscle out a bit but just didn’t quicken like she usually does. Disappointing run.

You are probably right Rids, but the lack of vigour from Clark was quite bewildering to me.

oh well, where’s the next?!

Reactions: 1 users