Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Where was the traditional Saturday Set today @Leysy Days ??

Could have done with a steer in the right direction !

Wasn‘t a horror day by any means for me but some wise words would have been much appreciated !

Cheers Mopsy.

Was on-call this week and *smile* hit the fan at work so couldn't do the time to do the Set justice.

Redford was lost and DM'ing me all Sat for it as well, so wasn't just you.

We'll be back next week mate.

Hopefully can strike like we were in the spring.

Reactions: 1 user
Cheers Mopsy.

Was on-call this week and *smile* hit the fan at work so couldn't do the time to do the Set justice.

Redford was lost and DM'ing me all Sat for it as well, so wasn't just you.

We'll be back next week mate.

Hopefully can strike like we were in the spring.
This is actually true because I was very worried I might back something that Nobet Pays might erroneously advise on and subsequently doom for me. We need to know what to avoid each week.

But fortunately I navigated his cursability and had a massive day.

Thank you Hayasugi for allowing me to buy another Hawaiian island.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Anyone got any good reasons

Why V8 doesnt win the guineas tomoZ?

Looks a chip off the old block,

And he loved a flemington mile more than anything.

Stared Mr.B in the eyeball and didnt blink.

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned ?

VE dies tragically last week giving birth to a foal at an Irish stud.

What a horse.

flat out again this week lads. Keen on three today.

flem race 7 Caballus
race 8 Riff Rocket

syd race 7 Tropical Squall EW

GL!

Reactions: 1 users
I like some at odds;

Lazzago in the G1 sprint (2.5kg swing on the fav) 20-1

V8 in the guinneas 13/2

flat out again this week lads. Keen on three today.

flem race 7 Caballus
race 8 Riff Rocket

syd race 7 Tropical Squall EW

GL!

Tropical Squall does the business at $8.50!

Hugely profitable day when you have 3 bets and one wins at that price.

sydney rock oysters and a lovely aged riesling tonight!

Tropical Squall does the business at $8.50!

Hugely profitable day when you have 3 bets and one wins at that price.

sydney rock oysters and a lovely aged riesling tonight!
Yeah well done Nobets. You’re now 1.5 from 14. And that’s being generous because you went EW …..and on the wrong race number to boot !!!!

Between such a low hit rate, EW betting and not knowing what race is what, no wonder you are the King of the Dunces of Doom !

Your bank manager is coming round for dinner. Something about being overdrawn.

Yeah well done Nobets. You’re now 1.5 from 14. And that’s being generous because you went EW …..and on the wrong race number to boot !!!!

Between such a low hit rate, EW betting and not knowing what race is what, no wonder you are the King of the Dunces of Doom !

Your bank manager is coming round for dinner. Something about being overdrawn.

So an E/W tip that pays $5 the place doesn't get added? And an $8.50 winner gets half a tip.

Seems Selineford's maths are as good as his punting bahaha

When your last (and only?) tip on here was an odds-on loser in a sport you profess to know something about (Gridiron).

Perhaps it's good you're not putting tips on here and leaving it to the professionals.

So an E/W tip that pays $5 the place doesn't get added? And an $8.50 winner gets half a tip.

Seems Selineford's maths are as good as his punting bahaha

When your last (and only?) tip on here was an odds-on loser in a sport you profess to know something about (Gridiron).

Perhaps it's good you're not putting tips on here and leaving it to the professionals.
Seriously you have no idea. Placing ew bets on mid range and beyond horses is punting idiocy. Bookies must love you !

And my 5 wins (straight up on one horse and no dumb ew bets) plus two seconds (not that they count) from 10 spins, smashes in one week your hapless efforts the last few. Plus, the Dogs winning last night more than covers a frustrating loss on Geelong the night before. A massive Saturday for Redford Returns Pty Ltd.

Stick to bingo with Marge in the common room of the nursing home Nobet Pays.

Last edited:
  • Haha
had a decent crack at Imperatriz in the Newmarket.

think he's just faster and tougher than them,

with a very reliable monkey on his back

Seriously you have no idea. Placing ew bets on mid range and beyond horses is punting idiocy. Bookies must love you !

And my 5 wins (straight up on one horse and no dumb ew bets) plus two seconds (not that they count) from 10 spins, smashes in one week your hapless efforts the last few. Plus, the Dogs winning last night more than covers a frustrating loss on Geelong the night before. A massive Saturday for Redford Returns Pty Ltd.

Wow top punting Red, you need to go head to head with Leysy in a PRE punting comp.

Start giving us your tips so we can all reap the dividends !!

I don’t bet that much on horses. Although I’ve dipped in the last 3 weeks due to boredom. Won’t get into it now, but don’t think it’s the greatest “form” of betting to use a pun. For a host of reasons, I much prefer H2H events between humans. I will revert to AFL and some other sports from Thursday onwards when The Abyss finishes, and Season of Redford 2024 commences. Follow me in Moops. If Joking Faces had of last year, he’d be able to afford that pink Bentley for his mistress.

But when I do bet on horses, I like to give myself the best chance possible chance by following certain betting fundamentals that most of the pros apply. One of those is putting a bet down at the last possible moment. To that end, you don’t want me bombarding the thread 1 minute before the jump 10 times over like I would have had to on Saturday. And I’m too busy drinking beer and trying to guide numpter mates to bother anyway.

Just as an extension of that, whilst it’s fun and I get it, making long range tips is fraught with danger. Especially with horses. Besides knowing form and prices, you want to know absolutely everything you possibly can before staking. That’s why that big syndicate in Sydney and other big pro punters go in late so often, because they’re taking into account all last minute information. They have spotters at the mounting yard, are waiting to see how the horse goes to the barriers, track conditions that may change, market movements (ie value plays) and so on.

Never was there a better example of this on Saturday. Race 3 I figured was between Big Watch and Master Montaro. I was ready to go with BW. MM went ballistic in the barriers, got pulled out, so I quickly increased my stake on BW before Sportsbet had any time to adjust prices, hoping MM might be withdrawn, or at least be so fizzed up as to provide a bit more of a leg up for BW. BW won, MM finished 3rd. Who knows if it was the difference, but at least I was fully informed right up until the jump and used it at my discretion.

I don’t bet that much on horses. Although I’ve dipped in the last 3 weeks due to boredom. Won’t get into it now, but don’t think it’s the greatest “form” of betting to use a pun. For a host of reasons, I much prefer H2H events between humans. I will revert to AFL and some other sports from Thursday onwards when The Abyss finishes, and Season of Redford 2024 commences. Follow me in Moops. If Joking Faces had of last year, he’d be able to afford that pink Bentley for his mistress.

But when I do bet on horses, I like to give myself the best chance possible chance by following certain betting fundamentals that most of the pros apply. One of those is putting a bet down at the last possible moment. To that end, you don’t want me bombarding the thread 1 minute before the jump 10 times over like I would have had to on Saturday. And I’m too busy drinking beer and trying to guide numpter mates to bother anyway.

Just as an extension of that, whilst it’s fun and I get it, making long range tips is fraught with danger. Especially with horses. Besides knowing form and prices, you want to know absolutely everything you possibly can before staking. That’s why that big syndicate in Sydney and other big pro punters go in late so often, because they’re taking into account all last minute information. They have spotters at the mounting yard, are waiting to see how the horse goes to the barriers, track conditions that may change, market movements (ie value plays) and so on.

Never was there a better example of this on Saturday. Race 3 I figured was between Big Watch and Master Montaro. I was ready to go with BW. MM went ballistic in the barriers, got pulled out, so I quickly increased my stake on BW before Sportsbet had any time to adjust prices, hoping MM might be withdrawn, or at least be so fizzed up as to provide a bit more of a leg up for BW. BW won, MM finished 3rd. Who knows if it was the difference, but at least I was fully informed right up until the jump and used it at my discretion.

Yep can’t disagree with any of that.

But the beauty of punting is the myriad of opportunities it presents. Everyone will have a system they like to use.

Me, I like early markets. I hang out for final fields on Wednesday’s, then multi up, always 3 legs, what I think are the good things on the day. And always with an agency that offers a bonus bet if 1 leg fails.

Then on Raceday never bet on the first 3 races unless super keen on something. Gives a chance to suss out patterns etc.

Bonus bets accrued throughout the day to be used on multi bets only, whether that be horses or other sports. In NFL season I multi up line or total score over and under Bets. In AFL season it’s teams to win by 1-39 points.

Has worked for me. I haven’t deposited into any betting account since August last year. Except for PointsBet who offered $10 about Think About It to win the Everest (max bet $10). Im still stuffing around with that.

Having said all that I am the betting agencies dream punter. No matter what the betting account balance is I never withdraw. They will get it all back eventually I’m sure, but they are going to be waiting a while yet.

Yep can’t disagree with any of that.

But the beauty of punting is the myriad of opportunities it presents. Everyone will have a system they like to use.

Me, I like early markets. I hang out for final fields on Wednesday’s, then multi up, always 3 legs, what I think are the good things on the day. And always with an agency that offers a bonus bet if 1 leg fails.

Then on Raceday never bet on the first 3 races unless super keen on something. Gives a chance to suss out patterns etc.

Bonus bets accrued throughout the day to be used on multi bets only, whether that be horses or other sports. In NFL season I multi up line or total score over and under Bets. In AFL season it’s teams to win by 1-39 points.

Has worked for me. I haven’t deposited into any betting account since August last year. Except for PointsBet who offered $10 about Think About It to win the Everest (max bet $10). Im still stuffing around with that.

Having said all that I am the betting agencies dream punter. No matter what the betting account balance is I never withdraw. They will get it all back eventually I’m sure, but they are going to be waiting a while yet.
Imagine not having a bet. I can’t think of any of my friends that don’t at least have the odd bet on something.

Some people - not many - won’t even throw the balls up for a bit of team action before teeing off even if it’s just for a round of drinks. I simply choose not to play with those people. Weirdos.

What does this even mean?

For the record rarely bet E/W but sometimes the scenario makes sense.

Like with Tropical Squall on Saturday.

1) It was the only leader in the race
2) It was first up by the best stable in the land getting them ready from a spell
3) Trialled first class

It was always going to get an easy lead and kick on the bend. A moral to run a place at $3.

In that scenario, lock away a certain small profit and see if it holds on for a big collect. Many pro's would even go 1 x 3 in that scenario.

But yes typically dont like betting E/W as the bookies take a big % out.

As for bookies loving me. What do all these have in common:

Sportsbet
TAB
Ladbrokes
Neds
BetR
Bet365
BlueBet
UniBet
BetM

Could add another dozen.

They have all either 1) completely limited bets and/or 2) blocked Promotions (most cases both) Hardly the work of someone bookies love.

Got to a stage can only get set on betfair or bet with new bookies that are questionable you can get your money out.

Am now betting on mates accounts and giving them a % of profits.

But yeah bookies love me - LOL

So you tipped two even money footy bets and one won?

The other 5 straight? Leysy also had a fill up on bets late on. But everyone can say that right?

100% percent this.

It aint easy putting your nuts on the line early. Late market swings mean a lot.

Horses sweat up. Look underdone etc and are no hope.

Market percentages also tighten late and you generally get better odds.

Just means when you back a winner you get the $$$ but not the kudos.

Last edited:
Wow top punting Red, you need to go head to head with Leysy in a PRE punting comp.

Leysy's in.

$100 to bet each saturday. In by 12pm. Win bets only.

Most $$$ in the kitty by Sydney Cup declared the punting champ.

Loser then adds a sig in profile similar to:

"Leysy/Redford is the greatest punter that ever lived and I worship every punting word he speaks"

• Love
Reactions: 1 users