Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

What does this even mean?

For the record rarely bet E/W but sometimes the scenario makes sense.

Like with Tropical Squall on Saturday.

1) It was the only leader in the race
2) It was first up by the best stable in the land getting them ready from a spell
3) Trialled first class

It was always going to get an easy lead and kick on the bend. A moral to run a place at $3.

In that scenario, lock away a certain small profit and see if it holds on for a big collect. Many pro's would even go 1 x 3 in that scenario.

But yes typically dont like betting E/W as the bookies take a big % out.

As for bookies loving me. What do all these have in common:

Sportsbet
TAB
Ladbrokes
Neds
BetR
Bet365
BlueBet
UniBet
BetM

Could add another dozen.

They have all either 1) completely limited bets and/or 2) blocked Promotions (most cases both) Hardly the work of someone bookies love.

Got to a stage can only get set on betfair or bet with new bookies that are questionable you can get your money out.

Am now betting on mates accounts and giving them a % of profits.

But yeah bookies love me - LOL

So you tipped two even money footy bets and one won?

The other 5 straight? Leysy also had a fill up on bets late on. But everyone can say that right?
Wow. The bookies love you Nobets with your EW betting because you obviously don’t understand the dilution of value beyond a certain point. And you talk about “maths”? ! Hah hah hah.

Rather than me trying to explain it to you, read this and bring yourself up to speed. Bloody hell…all this rubbish about the horse being this and going to do that, and yet you went EW and fleeced yourself with half your stake ? On an $8.90 horse ? That’s called a bookie taking advantage of your uncertainty, not your certainty. (The article below is not as polite),

Nobets. Please. Heaps of people who bet regularly are blocked from a bunch of promotions and have limits. I’m blocked from most of them on Sportsbet and have limits on Sportsbet and PointsBet on football. Both of them also limited me on the last federal election the cagey bastards. But in any case why aren’t you a professional punter with all this success ? Would help with the aged care costs, surely ?

The other 5 straight late bets ? What on earth are you babbling on about now ? You been stealing Marge’s Valium again ?

Last edited:
100% percent this.

It aint easy putting your nuts on the line early. Late market swings mean a lot.

Horses sweat up. Look underdone etc and are no hope.

Market percentages also tighten late and you generally get better odds.

Just means when you back a winner you get the $$$ but not the kudos.
Yet you contradict that with “bets in by 12pm”. You gotta get off the drugs dude….

Come up with a format that allows for close to event start staking and doesn’t blow up the thread with endless posts that nobody wants to read because there’s dozens of bets being made across multiple sports - not just horses.

Last edited:
Yet you contradict that with “bets in by 12pm”. You gotta get off the drugs dude….

Same for both parties. It's the same as the media, betting for punters clubs, most pros giving out tips do. Seems someone is:

scared tim burton GIF by O&O, Inc

Same for both parties. It's the same as the media, betting for punters clubs, most pros giving out tips do. Seems someone is:

scared tim burton GIF by O&O, Inc
Why on earth would I submit a tip on a game - say being played on Sunday afternoon - by 12 pm on a Saturday without knowing final teams ?

Seems someone is again:

1709552480690.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
When did footy come into it. We were talking horses hence 12pm Sat.

And that photo is underhanded. You know very well it's Spook.
Huh ??? You read and responded to my post that I don’t bet on horses that much because I didn’t think it was the greatest form of punting for me personally, and preferred H2H and would be reverting to AFL on Thursday didn’t you ? And that Moops said PRE Punting comp not horse racing comp ?

Its actually Evo 2024. Bourke Street Mall. Hadn’t seen him in a while. He’s improved.

Last edited:
there's a weird blindspot on how good Imperatriz is, and how ordinary the newmarket field is.

she's built like a 6yo stallion, she could carry Tom Lynch.

a very rare price and opportunity to profit substantially on a generational champ.

its like @Mopsy called a fair way out. Its super Saturday

• Love
there's a weird blindspot on how good Imperatriz is, and how ordinary the newmarket field is.

a very rare price and opportunity to profit substantially on a generational champ.

It's gonna be 37 degrees, reckon a few will be beat before they race. Didn't she perform poorly in a trial recently and they blamed the heat?

It's gonna be 37 degrees, reckon a few will be beat before they race. Didn't she perform poorly in a trial recently and they blamed the heat?

She ran an ordinary trial on a hot day. Oppie said 'we both hate trials'

cause and effect is tenuous.

A crane flew over my place when my oldest son was born.

It will be 37 degrees for all of them,

And none have been bought down from Darwin.

Shes a rare champ. She wins. 150% interest

She ran an ordinary trial on a hot day. Oppie said 'we both hate trials'

cause and effect is tenuous.

A crane flew over my place when my oldest son was born.

It will be 37 degrees for all of them,

And none have been bought down from Darwin.

Shes a rare champ. She wins. 150% interest
I like Cylinder to get closer than in the Lightning with a 5.5kg weight turnaround and Kah steering

I like Cylinder to get closer than in the Lightning with a 5.5kg weight turnaround and Kah steering

Fair enough. 5.5kg is less than 2L over 1200m

And thats all things being equal.

But Imperatriz is a 580kg 1200cc motorbike

I dont think theres a horse within 4L of a imperatriz in that race, when Oppie really throttles her up.

I have benedetta running 3L second

Before dusty withdrew, i was tying myself in knots as to who was more certain; tigers or Imperatriz.

Although i think tigers win, the certainty went with dustys corky.

But theres clear air now,

And i can plunder the bookies bags like its spring of 2016

Ive brought forward my 23/24 punting budget,

And put it all on

Last edited:
They are starting at 10.45 am and finishing at 2.30 pm.

Yeah newmarket at 1300? What you reckon? 32-33 degrees

Those honest kiwis will just give her a hokey pokey icecream to lick in her stall.

• Haha
Fair enough. 5.5kg is less than 2L over 1200m

And thats all things being equal.

But Imperatriz is a 580kg 1200cc motorbike

I dont think theres a horse within 4L of a imperatriz in that race, when Oppie really throttles her up.

I have benedetta running 3L second

Before dusty withdrew, i was tying myself in knots as to who was more certain; tigers or Imperatriz.

Although i think tigers win, the certainty went with dustys corky.

But theres clear air now,

And i can plunder the bookies bags like its spring of 2016
U ain't often wrong when this confident.

• Love
U ain't often wrong when this confident.

Id be sleeping on cardboard in the door of 7-11 and slurping bleached instant potatoes on sundays at the scared heart mission, instead of sipping heroin margaritas lauding over an idyllical valley from a hammock, if i was Jazzy :cool:

Saturday is payday eZy !!

Got $2.90 yesterday, couldn't snap it up quick enough. After thinking $2.70 was a dream earlier in the day.

I'm all in on Fully Lit in the Black Opal on Sunday too. Grabbed $1.95 on Wednesday, into as short as $1.50 now.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
< Movies | Boxing >