Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I'm with Leysy, First Immortal my best today too.

In Sydney I'm going

Race 7 I Wish I Win
Race 8 Celestial Legend
Race 10 Miraval Rose

Good to see Amelia's Jewel back today too,

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
What a frustrating day this has been.

Autumn Angel, Traffic Warden and Ceolwulf all close seconds. I Wish I Win 3rd.

Got bonus bets everywhere. Lots of bets into Orchestral coming up again next week.

Come on Miraval !

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
What a frustrating day this has been.

Autumn Angel, Traffic Warden and Ceolwulf all close seconds. I Wish I Win 3rd.

Got bonus bets everywhere. Lots of bets into Orchestral coming up again next week.

Come on Miraval !
Yeah tough day Mops. I started well and got a few winners early buy as the day went longer the worse it got. Seconds and thirds everywhere. Horses getting run down in the shadows of the post (Deny Knowledge at $17!!). Backed Antrim Coast last start and he just won at $41. Backed him yesterday at $3 and he was nutted by a $41 shot! The irony of punting.

That said Celestial Legend looks a star. No weight but great win all the same. Another Wil had every chance but was ultimately disappointing. The step up in class too great. What has happened to Think About It? A shadow of the horse he was 6-12 months ago.

Moody will be happy as he trained the winner but if I was the other half owner of I Wish I Win, Waikato Stud, I would be spewing at him. That is the second major race that has eluded him because of Moody's ridiculous unconventional preparation. The Everest and now the TJ. In both he has loomed up to win but not quite finished off. That's because he is not fully fit!! Ridiculous training from Moody. When that horse is fully fit he is close to unbeatable 1200-1500m. But he's not fully fit because Moody never runs him.

Reactions: 1 users

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Yeah tough day Mops. I started well and got a few winners early buy as the day went longer the worse it got. Seconds and thirds everywhere. Horses getting run down in the shadows of the post (Deny Knowledge at $17!!). Backed Antrim Coast last start and he just won at $41. Backed him yesterday at $3 and he was nutted by a $41 shot! The irony of punting.

That said Celestial Legend looks a star. No weight but great win all the same. Another Wil had every chance but was ultimately disappointing. The step up in class too great. What has happened to Think About It? A shadow of the horse he was 6-12 months ago.

Moody will be happy as he trained the winner but if I was the other half owner of I Wish I Win, Waikato Stud, I would be spewing at him. That is the second major race that has eluded him because of Moody's ridiculous unconventional preparation. The Everest and now the TJ. In both he has loomed up to win but not quite finished off. That's because he is not fully fit!! Ridiculous training from Moody. When that horse is fully fit he is close to unbeatable 1200-1500m. But he's not fully fit because Moody never runs him.

Agreed Rids it is truly bizarre the handling of I Wish I Win.

Not sure what they are up to. There are suitable races galore worth a fat stack of cash that they could use as lead ups to his major goals.

The Lightning, The Galaxy, The Newmarket just to name a few.

Waikato must agree with the approach though?

Celestial Legend could be anything. Seriously good racehorse. I wanted to see him against Orchestral this campaign. Hopefully both are aimed at the Cox Plate In the Spring.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Waikato must agree with the approach though?
They'd agree with it if he was winning races. The fact is he isn't. Hasn't won in over 12 months now; only 3 starts in that period. Insane from Moody.

Reckon WS will be asking questions now.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Quiet thread considering the racing in Sydney. Queen Elizabeth shapes as the race of the Autumn.

You launching at Orchestral today Chimpley?

keen on these today lads:

Randwick:

Race 1 - Broadsiding
Race 8 - Place de Carousel
Race 9 - Atishu

Morphetville

Race 6 - Air Assault - best of day
Race 8 - Kallos

Dodging Bendigo. This day normally throws up some rough results.

GL!!

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Agreed regarding Bendigo Leysy.

Orchestral and Via Sistina both win I reckon.

Outside of them I like
Race 4 Ameena
Race 5 Schwarz

Doomben
Race 4 Chinny Boon

Good punting all.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a great run by Circles of Fire, he was entitled to get a stich, a huge win.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Oh wow Pride of Jenni that was incredible !

Cant recall seeing anything like it.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
What a great run by Circles of Fire, he was entitled to get a stich, a huge win.

I backed it and was swearing all the way around.

Looked like the worst ride of all time.

Just too good.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Pride Of Jenni take a bow. The most incredible win I’ve ever seen. She must’ve been 40 lengths in front at one stage and still won by 8. Glad I had a small wager on her.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I backed it and was swearing all the way around.

Looked like the worst ride of all time.

Just too good.
Yes, in the run I didn't think it could win with the work he had it doing, lucky it was up against B graders,

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Atishu biggest certainty beaten you’d ever see. Should’ve won comfortably. Blocked for a run all the way down the straight and when she eventually got out sprouted wings.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Amazing how the change in race tactics have turned POJ’s form around.

Looking back at her earlier form she always led but must have been at a controlled speed.

Now they just let her go and she takes a power of catching.

Impressive piece of training, seriously impressive horse.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Cheers @Leysy Days for the Air Assault tip.

Put it in a multi with Benedetta and Pride Of Jenni (place only grrrrrr.)

Still paid $13 so no complaints.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Amazing how the change in race tactics have turned POJ’s form around.

Looking back at her earlier form she always led but must have been at a controlled speed.

Now they just let her go and she takes a power of catching.

Impressive piece of training, seriously impressive horse.
What a good trainer Ciaron Maher is, I bet the other trainers that she's had wish they used the same tactics.

< Movies | NRL >