Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah they are exceptional splits. I Wish I Win ran 4 x sub 11 splits in the 2023 Lightning when narrowly running second to Coolangatta. Won of the most incredible runs I've seen. But then he was a bit flat second up when he still ran pretty well in the Newmarket for 3rd but couldn't overcome the big weight pull to a red hot filly In Secret. He was then freshened and destroyed a red hot field in the TJ Smith.

I think the same thing happened to PE. Maybe he was a little flat initially after a great first up run. That happens a lot. He may be trained as a sprinter but he has never won over 1000m. Like IWIW he has the ability to go very well fresh over 1000m but still think his best is in the 1200m - 1400m range.

Private Eye's last 4 x 200m splits on Sat all broke 11 seconds as well. 10.79 - 10.80 - 10.55 - 10.89.

Further shows it couldn't win from where Nash had it.

You mentioned I Wish I Win and why the weird prep. It's because Moody is one of only two owners (along with the breeder) so not answerable to anyone to run it and keep money coming in. Basically just saving it for the uber big prizemoney races lol. Still a bit bizarre how sparingly it runs.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
You mentioned I Wish I Win and why the weird prep. It's because Moody is one of only two owners (along with the breeder) so not answerable to anyone to run it and keep money coming in. Basically just saving it for the uber big prizemoney races lol. Still a bit bizarre how sparingly it runs.
Yeah that's right. Moody and Waikato Stud have 50% each. They are targeting the uber prizemoney races but also passing up a lot of big money races in between. Okay if he wins them but last preparation he missed out; that said second prize in Everest is still a good pay day.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Saturday set in. no time for explanation.

caulf

race 5 Nugget
race 7 Seonee
race 10 rey magnerio

rosehill

race 6 red card
race 8 renaissance woman 40/1 ew

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Tough day @Leysy Days

I didn’t like much, but what I did mainly let me down.

Can still show a very small profit for the weekend if Geelong and Demons both win 1-39.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geezuz what a day. Started well with 14-1 pop Gear Up in the first. But ended up with a pile of *smile* bonus bets Moss Trooper couldn't jump over.

Can't recall backing so many horses that ran second and third (Leysy Jonahed most of them!!).

But backed Pride Of Jenni and Democracy Manifest so got the nose in front.

POJ is a freak. Check out the sectionals she ran (almost sub 11) and they still couldn't run her down. Incredible win.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Saturday Set is IN! Bit of value around today.

The Valley:

Race 4: For Valour - Nice run first up. Maps a treat and has form that puts it right in the finish here at $10

Race 5 Campionessa - Maps a treat and steps back in class here. Should win at $3.60

Rosehill:

Race 1 Baranof - Given a soft first up run. Has ran some races that would put it right in the finish here. Worth an EW play at $31

Race 7 Pericles - Has the right form lines in an open race to sit just off a good pace and go BANG. Hughie Bowman on also a tick. $14 and $4.20 is an EW play to nothing.

Race 9 - Private Eye - Hopefully Nash doesn't have the handbrake on today. The class runner and we're getting a price at $9

Race 10 Olentia - Given no chance first up. Too good for mares grade here. J-Mac to take us home. Best of the day at $2.60

GL All!

Last edited:

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Taking the early odds on Post Impressionist has cost me a few bob.

But hopefully the tactic pays off with Via Sistina and Tom Kitten.

Switzerland in the Slipper. Hoping Storm Boy has been up for too long.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Some good winners today. Antrim Coast at $41! Orchestral form baby.

Line up for free money when Orchestral wins the Vinery next week.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Backed Post Impressionist and Via Sistina. Euro middle distance and staying horses are panels better than ours. It’s embarrassing.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Absolute cracking days racing tomorrow.

What does everyone like?

Great day's racing Leysy.

Flemington I like

Race 4 Ameena
Race 5 Katsu
Race 8 Mr Brightside (can't ignore the price)

Rosehill

Rail out 6 metres so will be watching on early to see how track is playing.
If its playing evenly I think there is quite a few shorties that will be real hard to beat.

Orchestral, Post Impressionist and Another Wil look standouts.

Outside of them I am interested in

Race 4 Fistsoffury
Race 5 Ruthless Dame
Race 6 Hawaii Five-Oh

Good luck to all !

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Great day's racing Leysy.

Flemington I like

Race 4 Ameena
Race 5 Katsu
Race 8 Mr Brightside (can't ignore the price)

Rosehill

Rail out 6 metres so will be watching on early to see how track is playing.
If its playing evenly I think there is quite a few shorties that will be real hard to beat.

Orchestral, Post Impressionist and Another Wil look standouts.

Outside of them I am interested in

Race 4 Fistsoffury
Race 5 Ruthless Dame
Race 6 Hawaii Five-Oh

Good luck to all !

Nice one Mops GL. Orchestral a tricky map today gunna need some luck to get out at some stage.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
great days racing! saturday set is in:

Flem:

Race 5 Katsu
Race 6 Sir Atlas
Race 7 Estriella
Race 8 Pride of Jenni

Rosehill:

Race 7 Zardozi
Race 8 Post Impressionist

GL!!!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Chumpley has sold his hearing aids to Beryl in the retirement home and has thrown it all down on Orchestral. Don’t drop this one Orchestral otherwise Chumpley won’t hear the dinner bells !

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Early thoughts are it looks tough to make ground at Rosehill today.

And outside barriers an advantage for the straight races at Flemington.