Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Kiwi horse Mark Twain, won the Roy Higgins like Kiwi won the Melbourne Cup, wow !!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Orchestral. Tough tough win. Looked gone but dug deep. Very very good horse.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Decent day for me today. But when they failed they failed big time.

Changed my thinking at Rosehill given the pattern. Multi bets all into Orchestral boosted the odds of Linebacker, Wymark and Another Wil. Iknowastar in the last would have made it a great day.

At Flemington, again into Orchestral I found Midtown Boss, Sea What I See and Estriella.

Ameena drew the inside which cost her I reckon.

Very ordinary efforts from Mr Brightside, Hawaii Five-Oh and Post Impressionist. Awful in fact. Throw Katsu into that lot as well. Cant win em all though.

Still got Orchestral into Sydney, Geelong and the Dogs.

Own The Queen just won in WA, got her into a couple in the UAE tonight. Fingers crossed there. Know nothing about most of them.

Bring on the Championships next week!

Reactions: 2 users

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Chumpley has sold his hearing aids to Beryl in the retirement home and has thrown it all down on Orchestral. Don’t drop this one Orchestral otherwise Chumpley won’t hear the dinner bells !

He will hear em loud and clear with the fancy new ones he can afford now Red.

Just needs to remember to turn em down when Junior starts giving his NFL tips in a few months time!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He will hear em loud and clear with the fancy new ones he can afford now Red.

Just needs to remember to turn em down when Junior starts giving his NFL tips in a few months time!
Yes ! Old Methuselah is very happy. He doesn’t know where he is, but he’s happy !

• Haha

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Decent day for me today. But when they failed they failed big time.

Changed my thinking at Rosehill given the pattern. Multi bets all into Orchestral boosted the odds of Linebacker, Wymark and Another Wil. Iknowastar in the last would have made it a great day.

At Flemington, again into Orchestral I found Midtown Boss, Sea What I See and Estriella.

Ameena drew the inside which cost her I reckon.

Very ordinary efforts from Mr Brightside, Hawaii Five-Oh and Post Impressionist. Awful in fact. Throw Katsu into that lot as well. Cant win em all though.

Still got Orchestral into Sydney, Geelong and the Dogs.

Own The Queen just won in WA, got her into a couple in the UAE tonight. Fingers crossed there. Know nothing about most of them.

Bring on the Championships next week!
Well done Mopsy. Very smart to anchor Orchestral in all of those multis. If they couldn't beat her yesterday they never will. Coming back to 2000m after a 4 week break she was at her most vulnerable but she was too good. They won't get near her in the Oaks. Interesting that Zardozi is dodging her and will back up in the Derby; Goldolphin obviously think it's an easier race to win.

Mr. Brightside does not get 2000m. Yeah I know he was beaten a lip in the Cox Plate but he had a soft run on the rail and the MV 2040 is not as hard as Flemington 2000m. 1400-1800m is his sweet spot. H5O is overrated. I backed PI first up and was very confident. But no way second up on a quick back up. Euro horses rarely excel in that situation. Happy to get back on at his next start. Katsu is a tough one. He trialled like a star but doesn't always work out that way at the races. He's won down the straight but think he is better around a bend.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has been very impressive easy, nothing has been getting close to him, very well weighted, but has drawn the carpark.
Has got the right trainer, and the jockey has been riding group 1 winners for fun the last month or so.
Has got good and soft track form, forecast is for a deluge Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Stablemate Southport Tycoon is a good lightweight chance too, but has drawn 1 inside Another Wil.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
interested in thoughts on Another Wil in the Doncaster?

Hold fire EZ.

Be surprised if Randwick races go ahead given the forecast.

Suspect they'll either push to Sunday or more likely next sat and move each sat back a week for the carnival.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Hold fire EZ.

Suspect they'll either push to Sunday or more likely next sat and move each sat back a week for the carnival.

Wouldn’t be a Sydney carnival without a bog track.

Hope they do hold it over If the crap weather eventuates. Some cracking races that deserves a fair racing surface.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Hold fire EZ.

What do you reckon happens if say you back

Bella Nipotina for the tj smith today on her wet track form,

And they postpone until next week and the race is run on a dry track?

Do they refund all bets on postponement?

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
What do you reckon happens if say you back

Bella Nipotina for the tj smith today on her wet track form,

And they postpone until next week and the race is run on a dry track?

Do they refund all bets on postponement?

I haven't looked up any official ruling but surely they do. diff conditions.

They'll even open acceptances up again and redo fields i reckon.

BTW totally with you on Bella is runs tomorrow. Grows a leg in the wet and a very good horse. Maher has been bullish on her running well.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Despite 240mm of rain the last 24 hours, they reckon they’re going ahead at Randwick today. Heavy 10 obviously.

Geez dunno about this…

1712357069662.jpeg

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Saturday Set is in. We need dead set and proven mudders at randwick:

Randwick:

Race 2 - Stockman
Race 7 - Bella Nipotina
Race 8 - Detonator Jack

Caulfield:

Race 7 - Sunsets
Race 9 - First Immortal - best of the day.

Keep getting one winner every week. Let's see if today we can flick the switch.

GL!!!

< Movies | NRL >