Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Re: Thoroughbred Horce Racing

Dyer'ere said:
How did the rest of the team go?

First loss since October :( :(

Spent the day in the members at the VRC,and started nicely with Taken straight out in the 1st.
Took Wildly which was ridden disgracefully :mad:
Young Benbow was grilled by the stipes,and was lucky to escape with only a heavy reprimand.
Made the fatal mistake of changing my mind and took Reef Beach over Charnwood Green which I had last week.Ouch
Had a big shot at Jiang on supposed good advice :'(
Well done to Remote Tiger picking out the jonker,there connections were only 15 metres from us,and they went bananas when he greeted.
R5 Took an exacta on 1 over 6. Youn guessed it  6 beat 1.
Track concensus was it was jockey Taggarts fault Hollow Bullet didnt win,he holds the horse back until very late.I know one part owner of HB and they are very loyal to Taggart,so I dont expect a rider change,even if I think its probably for the best.
Picked the Trifecta for a unit in the lightning,some relief for an empty pocket!
Had domesday at Rosehill for another (and final) collect.
Highclare and Lieutenant I didnt consider,and tryed to make all my money back by having a big shot straight out at Beautiful Gem :'(
Beaten a half head.

Nice old reality check!!

PS Watch out for Count Ricardo next start,his final sectional was the days fastest,and he'll strip fitter now.

Count Ricardo will make a useful pony this Autumn. Got some zing.

Leader won three legs of the quaddie on Saturday. Welcome to Flemington. Love 6 horse fields. :p What is this, Sydney?

So far it looks like Ready's the only one who stayed afloat. Wonder how Frah Df and the others went.

Well if i learn i will win some dollars i need to start boxing my trifectas,
i had 2 that i needed this horse just to lunge 5cm and i would have won, i was spewin.
i had the trifecta straight out for Ballet society into hollow bullet into twisted times

struggletown3121 said:

Young Benbow was grilled by the stipes,and was lucky to escape with only a heavy reprimand.
Made the fatal mistake of changing my mind and took Reef Beach over Charnwood Green which I had last week.Ouch

Hmmm... Wildly... a notorious cat. If Benbow had ridden Wildly to perfection it might have been able to get third. The form was there. Bexaar had beaten Truly Wicked at the Valley and Cargo Cult had gone with Classiconi. An easy quinella.

How could you touch Wildly at 2s anyway?  ???

Reef Beach and Jiang had severe handicaps... D.Oliver was sitting on them. Always good to know that horses running at 3 - 1 couldn't possibly get a place.

I agree with you on Count Ricardo, struggles. I hope I can get a price for him next start but I doubt I will.

Regal Roller this Saturday. Bet the bank.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
struggletown3121 said:

Hmmm... Wildly... a notorious cat. If Benbow had ridden Wildly to perfection it might have been able to get third. The form was there. Bexaar had beaten Truly Wicked at the Valley and Cargo Cult had gone with Classiconi. An easy quinella.

How could you touch Wildly at 2s anyway?  ???

Reef Beach and Jiang had severe handicaps... D.Oliver was sitting on them. Always good to know that horses running at 3 - 1 couldn't possibly get a place.

I agree with you on Count Ricardo, struggles. I hope I can get a price for him next start but I doubt I will.

Regal Roller this Saturday. Bet the bank.

Got 4s for Wildly Jazzman,through a Darwin account.
My point wasn't he would have definetely won,but he WAS ridden poorly :help
Its last three wins were on rain affected tracks.
Dont think its a cat,but immature definately.

I know your not an Ollie fan,but he's a good jockey out of form currently.
I was sitting with a part owner of Tru-Glo on saturday who agreed Ollies struggling at the minute( for his own standards anyhow)

Blame myself for Reef Beach loss,went to the track with intention to back Charnwood Green again,but listened to more learned men(almost anyone!) at the caper convince me of RB :'(

How much the Roller this week you reckon??

The Jonker saved my bacon - I am usually very wary of owner tips

Had a big go at Vanquised in the Parramatta Cup - got beaten a lip by Moorings (Bloody) Melody - the Canberra Cup winner. Nothing upsets me but somethings come awful close.

Had a good win on Cool Front and Picardi Run.

But this only got back what a lashed on Vanquished. All-in-all a good days racing........

Remote tiger
i had vanquished for the win in my tri, vanquished into salgado lord of lords in salgado lord of lords and moorings melody. i should learn that boxing trifectas is the go.

My bad i didnt c ur tip bro.

Market:

Blue Diamond Stakes (February 26):

$3.50 Queen Of The Hill $5 Langness $6 Bradbury's Luck $11 Danger Looms, Testa Reale $13 Perfectly Ready $15 Freestyle (n-n), Line Account, The Rhine, Undoubtedly $21 Canary Islands, Doubting, El Milagro

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,12179936%255E2722,00.html

Jeeeeshhh. Way to rub it in Jazzer.

Ollie may be one of those riders who retires years before he stops riding, Struggs. ;D Yeah, has been a star. Got a lot to lose now and would be a fool not maximise his life expectancy. For now, prefer in smaller fields. ;) When he rides a favourite, the interests he protects are onerous and not his own. Champion, probably find the hunger again though. For now (actually since the start of the spring), lay.

Other riders to retire before they stopped riding- L.Dittman, D.Beadman, R.S.Dye, (Basically every member of the Sydney Millionaires' Club -exclusive to jockeys.) S.King... They'd be mad not to, of course. It's not like they've forgotten Russell, Moses et al.

Thanks for the market, Ready. I better do some form.

Lightning Trifecta covered the losses with a couple of beers profit.
No damage done.

I think the blokes in the Space Station saw Count Ricardo's run. No decent price next time :(

Hartbalme said:
No damage done.

I think the blokes in the Space Station saw Count Ricardo's run. No decent price next time :(
Excellent point Balmy and for that reason, might be best to back against it next run and get some value

Dyer'ere said:
Jeeeeshhh. Way to rub it in Jazzer.

Ollie may be one of those riders who retires years before he stops riding, Struggs.  ;D Yeah, has been a star. Got a lot to lose now and would be a fool not maximise his life expectancy. For now, prefer in smaller fields. ;) When he rides a favourite, the interests he protects are onerous and not his own. Champion, probably find the hunger again though. For now (actually since the start of the spring), lay.

Other riders to retire before they stopped riding- L.Dittman, D.Beadman, R.S.Dye, (Basically every member of the Sydney Millionaires' Club -exclusive to jockeys.) S.King... They'd be mad not to, of course. It's not like they've forgotten Russell, Moses et al.

Thanks for the market, Ready. I better do some form.

Think your a little harsh on Beadman there High n Clear.
He isn't exactly my favorite jockey,but do respect him as still one of the better ones.

Don't start me on Shane Dye!
That bastard could find a horses handbrake.
Forget the Veandercross ride (where he galloped through the picnic blankets) he was dodgy for years before and after that.
One of the funniest sights Ive seen was a mate find his number after about an hour of ringing around his 'traps' and giving Dye a fearful spray for ignoring specific trainers instructions with his (part owned) horse.
Hilarious as this bloke was well oiled and seething mad at the same time.

jb03 said:
Hartbalme said:
No damage done.

Excellent point Balmy and for that reason, might be best to back against it next run and get some value

Remember too, that stayers can reel off a good first up run but are then a tad flat for their second up run. It is usually about their 3rd or 4th up run from a spell when they get to "middle-distance" and above races that they begin to find their true form. There are exceptions to this but they are usually genuine top WFA horses - the jury is out as far as Count Ricardo being a genuine WFA horse - more a handicaper IMO

Excellent point, RT.

Depends where he's headed this campaign. If they reckon he's a genuine stayer, he'll be trained to plod a bit from here on in.

I think Count Ricardo was second up on Saturday.

It is easy to fall into the trap of backing horses running on late from the back of the field. They tend to keep doing it even when stepping in distance. Forever running on with the form gurus spruiking their late sectionals. If you are loafing at the rear of the field you should bloody well run good late sectionals.

Safer backing horses that continue to run on the pace - need less luck.

Memsoyne for the Slipper.  I saw her win first start in Sydney prior to Xmas and not pretending to be too knowledgable, she looked pretty darn good to me.  Very firm in Slipper markets, just about flip of the coin her and the Snitzel burger.  One J. Hawkes her trainer.  He's about due for some 2yo success.  Stable as normal, have been very quiet about her.  Is it me or has the Gai train come to a grinding halt?  Seems a long time between drinks for the best self spruiker in the game.  After hearing her time and time again declaring her horses unbeatable I have to ask is she the worst judge around or just damned unlucky.  Must be shopping around for a new vet.  The last one never quite seemed to make it to Melbourne, and strangely enough her record here reflects it. ;) >:D

What a thread this turned out to be. Seems to me we know more about racing than we do about the footy. ;D

Win ratio might be about the same.  ;D

But you know what? Our time's a comin'. :thumbsup

Hey, Struggs, if I can't bag jockeys, particularly Sydney jockeys, what meaning is ther in life? On R.S.Dye, he doesn't necessarily pull them, you know. Characteristics- races too wide, makes runs too late (and wide). Much better suited in front. Field-shy. Sleeps with the lights on always has. :eek:

On Beadman. Falls off the toilet. :doh :flush  :help  (  :angel: )          :hihi

On R S Dye and other Aust jockeys riding OS, why do they bring them back for one ride in a big race, usually around Spring Carnival? PLenty of at least 'good' jockeys around.

Tip for up the bush on Saturday's, back Stan Tsaikos. Good country jock, should have made it in town.

I will be backing bradburys luck.
She beat snitzel, nd she will do it agin hopefully and i will be on her last time.
i realy liked tippitakka for the three year old race and had no dollars when the race was bout to start i was spewing.
any tips for the weekend struggles, would love to get on one of ur tips