Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Noticed Main Stage is running in R.1 today at Flemington Oaks Day. That's the horse shared owned by Dusty and lots of Richmond men, right?
What do the experts here think? Any chance - maybe only for a place?
Not favoured by its form or the barrier, with IMPI the hot tip, but a couple of scratchings and tricky conditions with rain and blowy. Long shot?
Won a big race early in career but been a disappointment since. Pass.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
After Frankie did a “Dunkley” and tried to put Vow and Declare through the fence, he certainly answered in spades with a don’t argue that would’ve done Dusty proud.
Vow and Declare is now my favourite horse, I call him Balmey.

I love a horse that will barge its way out and through. Winx would barge and buffet when she had to.

When i see a horse revel as a dodgem car and win, i follow them their whole career

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Sometimes a horse is in your blindspot.

I dont know how i missed Melody Belle.

She looks almost Lys Gracieux good over 2000 in the wet.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Hows a bloke supposed to make a living in spring when an Irish horse can run 3200 on Tuesday and then win at 2000 on Saturday?

Im gonna stick to the footy until the *smile* Irish, Japanese, germans, English and French start playing.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Hows a bloke supposed to make a living in spring when an Irish horse can run 3200 on Tuesday and then win at 2000 on Saturday?

Im gonna stick to the footy until the ******* Irish, Japanese, germans, English and French start playing.

Reckon Opie Bosson thought he was still racing against the lower level mares he raced the week before and set Melody Belle way too big a task. Should have got moving about 800m out but waited until the 400 and literally the horse had bolted. Fair effort the winner to come back from the 3200m to win though.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Reckon Opie Bosson thought he was still racing against the lower level mares he raced the week before and set Melody Belle way too big a task. Should have got moving about 800m out but waited until the 400 and literally the horse had bolted. Fair effort the winner to come back from the 3200m to win though.

given they backed the winner from 8's into 3's in an hour or so, I reckon its more likely Oppie found himself a length too far back and all you can eat hokey pokey with baileys Irish cream sundaes after the races.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
OP not as bad as i thought upon watching the replay. Excuses. Nash R was the worst ride of the day on Girl Tuesday.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Free Willy............. i mean 3 wins to Willie Pike, paying $3.30, $4.70 and $9.20 respectively. Is on the favourite in the last, Black Sabbath.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Check out the ride from Pike yesterday. He was snookered, gave a Don't Argue to get out that would've done Dusty proud, and then proceeded to ride hands and HEELS to greet the judge 1st, he didn't use the Shillelagh once.

Been a long time since i've seen a hoop use his heels like Willie does. If he had been wearing spurs there would've been blood from hip to shoulder.

Edit

Race 7 Bunbury

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Moreira has ridden 4 of the the first five winners in Hong Kong, has still got some good rides, he might have a day out.
The spruik horse from Honk Kong who they were talking about winning the Everest next year got a stitch and ran third.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Four group 1 races in Hong Kong today, Japanese horse won 3 of them, their horse are so tough.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
How good was Lys Gracieux in winning the big group 1 race in Japan yesterday. There were 11 horses who had won group 1 races in the field and she went past them like they were standing still, I can’t remember an easier win.
The way she won the Cox Plate and then again yesterday, I reckon she would’ve beaten the mighty Winx

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
How good was Lys Gracieux in winning the big group 1 race in Japan yesterday. There were 11 horses who had won group 1 races in the field and she went past them like they were standing still, I can’t remember an easier win.
The way she won the Cox Plate and then again yesterday, I reckon she would’ve beaten the mighty Winx
Yeah pretty extraordinary win. Not sure I'd be retiring it.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im gonna have a little punt and read a book today. try forget about the world for a few hours.

I backed Alligator Blood in the MM Guineas straight after his last start at @$2.2

and I'll have a modest investment on Alburq MR2

and Invincibella in GC R5

Happy New Punting year. We'll dig up The Unco's, who certainly showed a profit last year, in time for Autumn.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Queen Leonora in at Flemington - in race 5 - may be a chance to run a place in race 6! First up and will get $2,500 for 9th so probably better than the barrier trial she was going to have. Both Fabric and My Pendant back in work and jumped out nicely at Werribee a week or so ago. Not far away.

Couple of roughies worth a dollar each way today - Syd R6 N11 War Baron, GC R4 N1 Kemalpasa and Murray Bridge R3 N18 Zume Forward. Not much value at Flemington although The Lord Mayor at around $10 may be worth an interest. Pinyin should win the last.

Good punting all.