Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Leysy bought into his first horse (Shalook) a few months back and she's having her first run for the new owners (and trainer) today.

In the time honoured Regional Funeral Services maiden in Race 1 at Gundagai.

Surpisingly, good prizemoney for a country maiden - $40K.

Will get our purchase price back if she happens to salute. Currently $2.40 and should go close.

Give her strength!
Congratulations.

I like the trainer, and not just because of his name.

Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Leysy bought into his first horse (Shalook) a few months back and she's having her first run for the new owners (and trainer) today.

In the time honoured Regional Funeral Services maiden in Race 1 at Gundagai.

Surpisingly, good prizemoney for a country maiden - $40K.

Will get our purchase price back if she happens to salute. Currently $2.40 and should go close.

Give her strength!
Well done.
Today is Gundagai’s top meeting.
The Snake Gully Cup, for which Waterhouse & Bott have a starter today, carries more prize money than the Gundagai Cup. And hence, the better money across the program- but not at tomorrow’s follow up meet.
Your girl also benefits from the BOBS bonus. So it’s best she races in the NSW meets.
We were lucky enough to win the Snake Gully Flying in 2018 with Fox Tales.

• Love

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Well done.
Today is Gundagai’s top meeting.
The Snake Gully Cup, for which Waterhouse & Bott have a starter today, carries more prize money than the Gundagai Cup. And hence, the better money across the program- but not at tomorrow’s follow up meet.
Your girl also benefits from the BOBS bonus. So it’s best she races in the NSW meets.
We were lucky enough to win the Snake Gully Flying in 2018 with Fox Tales.

Cheers Bernie,

Yeah getting my head around the BOBS bonus. I thought she could only receive it once but looks like that's not the case, so yeah she'll mostly race across the border you'd think.

Nice one re: Fox Tales. Looks like it had some ability - must have got injured?

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Cheers Bernie,

Yeah getting my head around the BOBS bonus. I thought she could only receive it once but looks like that's not the case, so yeah she'll mostly race across the border you'd think.

Nice one re: Fox Tales. Looks like it had some ability - must have got injured?
Yes, BOBS will apply during its 3yo season. While BOBS Extra applies, if eligible, afterwards for longer distances of NSW races. Neither bonus applies to stakes events.

Fox Tales could certainly sprint. However, he was injured and retired during his 4yo campaign.

We’ve certainly enjoyed the ups and downs of racehorse ownership over many years.

But they’re like a boat. The cheapest and most effective one you will ever own is your mates!

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Leysy's nag Shalook goes around at race 3 at Albury.

Drawn widest barrier so will need touch of luck.

Still a good ew chance.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Leysy's nag Shalook goes around at race 3 at Albury.

Drawn widest barrier so will need touch of luck.

Still a good ew chance.
Agreed.
She’s a 3yo filly and as such my understanding is that early in the season 3yos get a weight advantage. She struggled at Wagga with the weight she carried.
The loopy course and minimal straight at Albury should assist.
All the best!

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Surely Savannah Cloud sits on pace as is a length too good for opposition today at Sandown.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Which betting company is everyone using?
Banned from TAB promotions, so predominantly use Sportsbet with Ladbrokes as back up or to keep Sportsbet honest (?).

Sportsbet have best Bonus Bets with money back to 4th on all races (usually) at Melb & Syd.

Still trying to work out why I am banned from TAB - I am a $10 per race bettor so not as if they are at risk of bankruptcy!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I got banned from Bet365. Had not won much money but was betting the place and best tote on the dogs. Got restricted to $8 per bet.

guarantee if I was losing $500/week they would be offering all sorts of promotions and free bets. *smile*.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Banned from TAB promotions, so predominantly use Sportsbet with Ladbrokes as back up or to keep Sportsbet honest (?).

Sportsbet have best Bonus Bets with money back to 4th on all races (usually) at Melb & Syd.

Still trying to work out why I am banned from TAB - I am a $10 per race bettor so not as if they are at risk of bankruptcy!
Interesting Tiger.

I'm also a 10 to 20 dollar punter.

They are reducing my odds quite a bit after I press submit bet button...but before the confirm one.

In that 2 seconds they slightly reduce odds.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

That is weird. I got banned from racing Pointsbet because they said I using too many of their promotions, despite still losing a truckload with them.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I had a mate who jagged a really good quaddie once so Sportsbet banned him from taking quaddies.

I always found that pretty odd.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I had a mate who jagged a really good quaddie once so Sportsbet banned him from taking quaddies.

I always found that pretty odd.
From anecdotal comments over the years, pretty much all those online punting mobs shut down people who win to often or to much. They love the mug punter who keeps shuffling in lots of small losing bets with only occasional small wins. They're all more than happy to offer all sorts of little bonuses n promotional give away's to keep the piano tinkling. Punters version of the pokies, keep shoveling the money in without noticing you're actually losing most of the time coz all the little bells n whistles keep telling you you're getting something for nothing.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
That is weird. I got banned from racing Pointsbet because they said I using too many of their promotions, despite still losing a truckload with them.
The funny thing was I have a good mate involved in the industry and he managed to get me reinstated with the TAB (no mean feat!), anyway I lasted 3 weeks before being banned again. They wouldn't tell me why just used the "we can do what we want" line. My mate told me I was using their promotions too much. Then why do they offer them if you are not supposed to use them.

I keep a running tally and have won the last 4 years, somewhere between $500 and $2,500 (my 2022 result). No sign of Sportsbet banning me but if they did I would be out of options and restricted quite a bit. (and very annoyed).

Each way tip for Sandown Saturday, race 9 no 10 All About Eve, opened $9.50 which was too good to resist (for my $5 each way).

Good punting all

T44

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The funny thing was I have a good mate involved in the industry and he managed to get me reinstated with the TAB (no mean feat!), anyway I lasted 3 weeks before being banned again. They wouldn't tell me why just used the "we can do what we want" line. My mate told me I was using their promotions too much. Then why do they offer them if you are not supposed to use them.

I keep a running tally and have won the last 4 years, somewhere between $500 and $2,500 (my 2022 result). No sign of Sportsbet banning me but if they did I would be out of options and restricted quite a bit. (and very annoyed).

Each way tip for Sandown Saturday, race 9 no 10 All About Eve, opened $9.50 which was too good to resist (for my $5 each way).

Good punting all

T44
Ther are heaps of new punting options opening up all the time. I must lose heaps with them but I have always been sweet with Neds and Ladbrokes.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Been promo banned and/or restricted by Sportsbet, Pointsbet, TAB, Neds, Ladbrokes, boombet, betnation, Texbet to name but a few lol.

Going strong with TABTouch (great promos) and BetM ATM. Also punt with betfair who obv won't ban you.

Always new bookies coming up to be abused!!