Tigers v Casey scratch match | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers v Casey scratch match

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006

Richmond VFL

@RichmondVFL
·
32m

FT: An excellent four-quarter performance with sprinkles of individual brilliance from Cam Olden and Jackson Bowne clinches a professional 63-point away win over Casey. CASEY 7.6 (48) def by RICH 18.3 (111)

Reactions: 1 user

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
That Jackson Browne fella has some talent, and staying power!

Pretty sure I remember his song Real Men, from back in the 80's.

Well done old chap!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

Well done old chap!

He wasn't running on empty today!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Well done old chap!
Joe Jackson?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012

Well done old chap!
I was at a pub in Richmond listening to a song that had the F word in it that is a slanderous word for a gay man, as this song does and asking my friend what other song uses that word. He instantly came up with ‘real men’. So quiz question name the song that we heard that night that also uses that word. Clue: hit song from the 80’s

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I was at a pub in Richmond listening to a song that had the F word in it that is a slanderous word for a gay man, as this song does and asking my friend what other song uses that word. He instantly came up with ‘real men’. So quiz question name the song that we heard that night that also uses that word. Clue: hit song from the 80’s
Dire Straits - Money For Nothing.

Reactions: 2 users

eastlavy

Tiger Cub
Nov 29, 2008
Also Pogues - Fairytale of New York.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing.

Although to be fair to Mark Knofler, he wrote the song from the perspective of people who commonly used the word and he isn't necessarily condoning its use.

Last edited:

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Although to be fair to Mark Knofler, he wrote the song from the perspective of people who commonly used the word and he and isn't necessarily condoning its use.
Nick Cave also uses the abbreviated use of the word in ‘Papa won’t leave you henry’. He has a website called red hand files where fans can ask him questions. Someone asked him if he felt nervous singing that song now days. He’s response is very good.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I think American Idiot by Green Day does too