Tigers vs Zebras | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers vs Zebras

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
still looked like he couldn't be stuffed when he was on the field though. Against Werribee he was really switched on, Saturday not so much..
He could have the seniors in the back if his mind. I'm emergency so i want to be ready.

I'm sure its a mental balance for these kids to push hard for selection and give consistent performances.
Lets give him time to mature and adjust

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
He could have the seniors in the back if his mind. I'm emergency so i want to be ready.

I'm sure its a mental balance for these kids to push hard for selection and give consistent performances.
Lets give him time to mature and adjust
Mmm I don’t know... I love Sonsie, that’s why I’ve been harsh on him, because I watch him closely. He has all the tools skill wise it’s just his effort that needs to be consistent and at this point it’s not

Reactions: 1 user

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Played great in a final, surely he kicks on
Yep, his 7 games to end the season last year were great, showed a lot of promise. Hopefully after the bye we see him push for senior selection again with some good VFL form

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Mmm I don’t know... I love Sonsie, that’s why I’ve been harsh on him, because I watch him closely. He has all the tools skill wise it’s just his effort that needs to be consistent and at this point it’s not
Whats the point of being harsh on a forum?
Unless he's reading it then is it just online criticism?
"Looked like he couldnt be stuffed" is unlikely the case. These kids are working hard to be footballers.
Consistent application and mental focus can take time

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Whats the point of being harsh on a forum?
Unless he's reading it then is it just online criticism?
"Looked like he couldnt be stuffed" is unlikely the case. These kids are working hard to be footballers.
Consistent application and mental focus can take time
Isn’t that the whole point of a forum? For the fans to express their opinions? Don’t expect the players to read it nor care, just saying it comes across that way watching him play. And yeh it could likely be the case - remember he was touted as a number 1 pick early in 2021 and slid all the way to our pick at 28. Did have some injuries that year but I would hazard a guess that he slid also because of an attitude issue. He is supremely talented so there’s obviously more to the story

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, his 7 games to end the season last year were great, showed a lot of promise. Hopefully after the bye we see him push for senior selection again with some good VFL form
The arrival of Taranto and Hopper mightve sucked the jam outta his donut.

Also had a poor pre season hampered by a couple of injuries from memory.

Has been playing catch up all year.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022

True, good points!

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

The thing about Sonsie is we know he can play at the AFL level because we have seen it.
A lot of it between the ears imo, just needs to grow into being an AFL player mentally.
Same with Cumberland

Reactions: 2 users