Tigers vs Zebras | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers vs Zebras

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
31-17 in free kicks on our side. Biggest mystery in football on how one team dominates this area.

Reactions: 1 users

TheUmpire

Tiger Rookie
Sep 30, 2003
Coulthard reminds me a little of Jeffy Garlett. Well balanced and uses the ball nicely.

Banks and Brown showed some great signs. On a terrible day they showed decent ball use.

Sonsie - silk, soft and lazy. Not good signs.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Best VFL game Brown has played by a long way.

Banks was very good again too. Surely has done enough now to earn a promotion?

I really like what I see from Coulthard. Very quick, classy and gets to the right spots.

Tresize is an interesting one. Lacks polish but as the club has said time and again he competes like few others and often wins the contest.

Reactions: 4 users

Judge Smailes

The world needs ditch diggers too!
Dec 17, 2003
Adelaide
Best VFL game Brown has played by a long way.

Banks was very good again too. Surely has done enough now to earn a promotion?

I really like what I see from Coulthard. Very quick, classy and gets to the right spots.

Tresize is an interesting one. Lacks polish but as the club has said time and again he competes like few others and often wins the contest.
Agree Banks was great and Brown very good. Coulthard good signs. Sonsie a massive concern. Dow was at least cracking in.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Agree Banks was great and Brown very good. Coulthard good signs. Sonsie a massive concern. Dow was at least cracking in.
Looks like Sonsie picks and chooses when he wants to show up. Showed up last week and performed well, didn’t bother today, although it seemed he didn’t play the last quarter and maybe had lower minutes as a potential back up tonight in case we need to make a late change?

Feb 25, 2007
Good win by the reserves, 32 points

Our best were; Brown (29), Banks (27), Dow (22), Tresize (20), and Coulthard looked dangerous with 14 disposals and 2 goals

*Just on dow today I felt like he didn't really go in, skirted the packs, found the ball but not as damaging as other games he's played well in.

Here's the stats for the game> https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/5207#player-stats

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I hope Sonsie isn't Corey Ellis the 2nd... similar silkiness, similar laziness ...

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Watched live, easily Tom Browwn's best game for club and 29 possessions

Reactions: 4 users

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
Did young Naish show any signs that he could be a very good player. Also from the opposition did Isaac Keeler show much because quite a few people on this forum were hoping that we would draft him.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Did young Naish show any signs that he could be a very good player. Also from the opposition did Isaac Keeler show much because quite a few people on this forum were hoping that we would draft him.
Naish bit off a ballsy kick into the centre square late that paid off, didn’t get it heaps but looks like he’s got some skills and Morro was quite happy with him in his post game wrap up

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Looks like Sonsie picks and chooses when he wants to show up. Showed up last week and performed well, didn’t bother today, although it seemed he didn’t play the last quarter and maybe had lower minutes as a potential back up tonight in case we need to make a late change?
It would be interesting to see how much game time he played, seemed to be off the ground quite a lot. I'm not sure he played at all in the last.

Sonsie to me is a confidence player and is still a baby in terms of what is required to be a well rounded afl player. To me he is being educated, as is Cumberland, but I would be surprised if they aren't both seen by the club as key players going forward

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
It would be interesting to see how much game time he played, seemed to be off the ground quite a lot. I'm not sure he played at all in the last.

Sonsie to me is a confidence player and is still a baby in terms of what is required to be a well rounded afl player. To me he is being educated, as is Cumberland, but I would be surprised if they aren't both seen by the club as key players going forward
Yeh I don’t think he played in the last quarter, didn’t see him once. Hopefully not an injury and just taken off in case of a late change at AFL level? Yep those two both have a heap of ability, it’s just about getting the most out of them

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yeh I don’t think he played in the last quarter, didn’t see him once. Hopefully not an injury and just taken off in case of a late change at AFL level? Yep those two both have a heap of ability, it’s just about getting the most out of them
I am sure that was the reason he played reduced time. I was actually surprised 3 of the emergencies started for the vfl side

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Sonsie was emergency for the 1's and and only played two quarters

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Sonsie was emergency for the 1's and and only played two quarters
still looked like he couldn't be stuffed when he was on the field though. Against Werribee he was really switched on, Saturday not so much..