Todd Elton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Todd Elton

Ghost of Punt Road said:
Has he ever even shown much at VFL level?

Plenty. Just ask him.

LOL, this is the point he hasn't shown enough even at VFL level to warrant another contract. He was lucky he got as long as he did.

Todd was a classic case of numbers, well one number actually. 197.

If he was exactly the same player at 192cm he wouldn’t have been on an AFL list for 6 seasons and probably wouldn’t have been drafted.

Tigers of Old said:
I admire his self belief even if he's a little deluded.

he's mixed up dominant with mediocre. Might have been mis-read some Dr.Zuess as a little kid?

all the best to him though

easy said:
he's mixed up dominant with mediocre. Might have been mis-read some Dr.Zuess as a little kid?

all the best to him though

Mediocre? When did he reach those heights?

tigertim said:
Todd was a classic case of numbers, well one number actually. 197.

If he was exactly the same player at 192cm he wouldn’t have been on an AFL list for 6 seasons and probably wouldn’t have been drafted.

Paraphrasing a quote from the legendary coach, Lindsay Gaze:

If you're short, you've got 60 seconds to show that you can play. If you're tall, you've got 6 years to show that you can't.

TigerForce said:
Rumours around that we rookie him or a club will definitely pick him up, and now at 24, it could be a loss for us if he improves and we still struggle to find a tall in attack (if Griffo doesn't get better)

We already got our loss and that was keeping him on the list for 6 years. He's just not good enough.

TigerForce said:
As rumours on BF show Port might be interested in Elton, I wouldn't be surprised it will happen.

Geez what was Port's recruitment mandate for this year, get as many soft blokes as possible? They've already snared soft non-impact kings Motlop and Watts.

tigerlove said:
We already got our loss and that was keeping him on the list for 6 years. He's just not good enough.

I doubt we'll bother, but could be our ultimate chance of tall insurance if we can't find anyone else through the ND and PSD.

TigerForce said:
As rumours on BF show Port might be interested in Elton, I wouldn't be surprised it will happen.

Not surprised. Most clubs who feel a bit unsure of themselves or their direction will be sniffing around for the Premiers offcasts

Baloo said:
Not surprised. Most clubs who feel a bit unsure of themselves or their direction will be sniffing around for the Premiers offcasts

Yeah, if it wasn't for Jack playing most games, Elton would have been one of the best forwards in the comp.

Bit like Shane Morrison really

Ghost of Punt Road said:
Has he ever even shown much at VFL level?

He had a reasonable 2016 playing as a defender, GoPR. He's a very fine athlete and a surprisingly good zoner in defence. Quick. Very mobile. Reads it ok. And he motors over the acreage. His kicking is scratchy. Slowish to identify a target then rushed to hit it. Kept improving.

Absolutely has never been a forward. Simply not talented enough. Redrafted to the forward line in 2017 due to team needs his passable and improving form of 2016 disintegrated and he was inevitably dumped.

There are plenty of average full backs in the AFL. Todd Elton can be one of them.

Dyer'ere said:
He had a reasonable 2016 playing as a defender, GoPR. He's a very fine athlete and a surprisingly good zoner in defence. Quick. Very mobile. Reads it ok. And he motors over the acreage. His kicking is scratchy. Slowish to identify a target then rushed to hit it. Kept improving.

Absolutely has never been a forward. Simply not talented enough. Redrafted to the forward line in 2017 due to team needs his passable and improving form of 2016 disintegrated and he was inevitably dumped.

There are plenty of average full backs in the AFL. Todd Elton can be one of them.

On that basis, I hope he gets picked up by someone.

Always said Todd Elton would be a player, just didn't happen to be as a footballer, (maybe better luck with the ladies) ;)

Jeez, A through to P grade celebrities must be all booked up?

Not surprising given the amount of *smile* *smile* shows that are getting made.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
TODDY!! ...................................Oh Dear .....................................

Carved out a few solid years on decent coin impersonating a footballer, might as wwell pretend to be a celebrity for 15 miniutes as well and pump the Instagram profile up.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 user