Tom Stewart | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Stewart

5 weeks would have signalled that what Stuart did was not on; 4 weeks is the minimum they could have handed out without there being too much uproar from sections of the media that don’t have their tongues all the way up the AFL’s ass.

Like Stagerfield said, in a few days the incident will be gone and forgotten, for some.

I hope that the Tiges are never the perpetrator in such an event.
Footy classified didn't even show it

Hypothetical: If these scumbags from Geelong make the GF, and they play Melbourne, do they snipe Oliver and Gawn early? Do they king hit Petracca when he's not watching?

They've been doing it since Yeats on Brereton. Dangerfield on Vlastuin. They have form.

Will the AFL react differently if it's not against Richmond?

What a joke of a footy club.

Reactions: 8 users
The AFL asked for 4, and Scats wanted 3, so they won't appeal.

In all honesty, it should've been a 5-6 week suspension.
So the AFL wanted 4 weeks and the “independent” tribunal somehow came to the same conclusion as the AFL. Wow

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
This sums things up beautifully for mine

Selwood to Stewart “Fu#k yeah Tommy you are a real Geelong man now”

Disconsolate Stewart thinking the exact same thing.
Yep. Forever a Handbagger. Poor pr!ck.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I hope people close to Stewart are getting around him and making sure he's ok. Poor bastard, really feel for him.

• Haha
This sums things up beautifully for mine

Selwood to Stewart “Fu#k yeah Tommy you are a real Geelong man now”

Disconsolate Stewart thinking the exact same thing.
Jeez I can't stand Selwood.
Prick.

• Angry
Geeelong play North this week.
Geeelong should romp it in.
But geez, wouldn’t it be great to see some injuries to certain players.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I wouldn't call the punishment Stewart received manifestly inadequate, but it's not enough for me. 5 weeks would have been ok but 6 sounded about right.

Tom Stewart hit was a cowardly and thuggish act that wouldn't look out of place in the 1980's. We're supposed to have moved on from that type of football. Guess it depends on who does the hit.

• Angry
Geeelong play North this week.
Geeelong should romp it in.
But geez, wouldn’t it be great to see some injuries to certain players.
Love to see poor Stewart run into someone.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't call the punishment Stewart received manifestly inadequate, but it's not enough for me. 5 weeks would have been ok but 6 sounded about right.

Tom Stewart hit was a cowardly and thuggish act that wouldn't look out of place in the 1980's. We're supposed to have moved on from that type of football. Guess it depends on who does the hit.
But he is a good bloke.
He didn't do it on purpose

• Haha
So the AFL wanted 4 weeks and the “independent” tribunal somehow came to the same conclusion as the AFL. Wow
Not always the case. Greene initially received 3 for umpire contact, AFL appealed and it was increased to 6. Pretty sure the same happened to Houli.

Was always going to be doubtful he would get more than 4. There's only been 1 greater suspension in the last few years. 4 weeks seems to be the upper end go to figure.

Reactions: 1 users
Reckon each of the umpires deserve 4 weeks too. I still can't believe they allowed the play to continue whilst a ball has been kicked over a concussed player.

• Angry
Reactions: 11 users
Would love to see a Journo ask Duckwood what he found so funny when he was talking to a distraught Stewart.

Smug runt.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
There will be no appeal. Stewart and the Cats know. 4 points and 4 weeks.
Richmond 0 points and at least 2 weeks. Not a bad deal
From the tribunal comments I reckon they would have given him 6 if given the option.

The tribunals hands were tied - it was only 3 or 4 weeks they could pick. Prickys flog corrupt brother saw to that by refusing to allow it to be classified as intentional