Top 50 Draft prospects 2018 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Top 50 Draft prospects 2018

Dont Argue said:
Cannot believe it. Best possible result. We've killed it

Clarke could look like a genius with this pick, just hoping fitness is ok.

bullus_hit said:
18. Riley Collier-Dawkins
Oakleigh Chargers/Victoria Metro
Inside Midfielder
Height: 193cm Weight: 88kg

uXyMeos.jpg

Player Projection: Clayton Oliver

In stockmarket parlance RCD is a potential 10 bagger, you could walk away with a small fortune or you could wind up penniless. Despite having him in my top 10 just about all year I’ve left him this late because I’m deeply concerned about his running ability. Whilst I’ve set the bar at Clayton Oliver, this could also turn out to be another Tom Bell situation & the recruiter who takes him needs to be prepared to cop flack in the event he falters. On the flipside RCD has many tools that appeal, his acceleration his top shelf, he has the height and he has proven to be a big game player. As to whether he can take those qualities to the next level rests largely on his work ethic & attitude.
Happy BH?

Smoking Aces said:
Happy BH?

Well I've talked him up all year so yeah, I'm now on the roller coaster with Clarke, have to support the club here. They have interviewed him so they know more than I do. If they believe Riley can lift his fitness levels then who am I to knock their judgement. I'm all aboard. I've already done the Cripps comparisons, who incidentally ran a 13 beep, he too was well behind the eight ball. Welcome RCD, 100% behind the lad.

Just fingers crossed I get my other boy at 39.

bullus_hit said:
Well I've talked him up all year so yeah, I'm now on the roller coaster with Clarke, have to support the club here. They have interviewed him so they know more than I do. If they believe Riley can lift his fitness levels then who am I to knock their judgement. I'm all aboard. I've already done the Cripps comparisons, who incidentally ran a 13 beep, he too was well behind the eight ball. Welcome RCD, 100% behind the lad.

You know I wanted him from a long way back Bully but was sold when I saw his video last week.
Now to engineer Williams and it's off to the cleaners we go.
Awesome work over the last few Bully. Loved your work.
I'm somewhat pumped

bullus_hit said:

Lewis or Williams?

Smoking Aces said:
Lewis or Williams?

Matty clarke just poured cold water on the notion of williams.

Reckons were good for talls and we will go for run next pick.

Could Hill make it through?

Can't see Hill getting through, easy, but someone like Tom McKenzie might. Very quick and earns plenty of leather.

Smoking Aces said:
Lewis or Williams?

Take Williams but if not then Lewis would be superb.

easy said:
Matty clarke just poured cold water on the notion of williams.

Reckons were good for talls and we will go for run next pick.

Could Hill make it through?

Don't think we've settled the big man stocks, need to get them in the system early. Hill no chance.

Nothing wrong with taking one tall in this draft.

Club wont say anything anyway apart from generic statements.

Not buying the high risk argument and non accumulator query, all I see is potential star and big-bodied mid we are crying out for. Below quote from Shifter doesn't sound like a player that has trouble finding the the pill.

"He is a ball-getter who excelled in the Oakleigh Chargers' finals series – averaging 21 disposals and a goal in the three games – and has recruiters excited about his potential".

PS. We don't want him to grow any further or he could end up the next McBean, (the midfielder who grew to KP size and became a dud ;D)

caesar said:
Not buying the high risk argument and non accumulator query, all I see is potential star and big-bodied mid we are crying out for. Below quote from Shifter doesn't sound like a player that has trouble finding the the pill.

"He is a ball-getter who excelled in the Oakleigh Chargers' finals series – averaging 21 disposals and a goal in the three games – and has recruiters excited about his potential".

PS. We don't want him to grow any further or he could end up the next McBean, (the midfielder who grew to KP size and became a dud ;D)

His production has steadily improved over the year, definitely trending in the right direction. The big challenge is getting his fitness levels up, at the moment he's not there, will take a couple of years. Everybody needs to be patient, fortunately no pressure to just throw him to the wolves. If all goes to plan then he'll be playing 22 games by year 3.

I am seriously over the moon with our 1st pick RCD , I never thought he would last to our pick and was all for trading it but im so glad he did and we took him
Im not too concerned about his tank as im sure he will build on that and become our Bont type player which is exactly what we need

Fantastic result, Had him going to either Geelong or GWS with picks between 10-15 - You bloody Ripper

Bailey Williams ..................... Please

bullus_hit said:
18. Riley Collier-Dawkins
Oakleigh Chargers/Victoria Metro
Inside Midfielder
Height: 193cm Weight: 88kg

uXyMeos.jpg

Player Projection: Clayton Oliver

In stockmarket parlance RCD is a potential 10 bagger, you could walk away with a small fortune or you could wind up penniless. Despite having him in my top 10 just about all year I’ve left him this late because I’m deeply concerned about his running ability. Whilst I’ve set the bar at Clayton Oliver, this could also turn out to be another Tom Bell situation & the recruiter who takes him needs to be prepared to cop flack in the event he falters. On the flipside RCD has many tools that appeal, his acceleration his top shelf, he has the height and he has proven to be a big game player. As to whether he can take those qualities to the next level rests largely on his work ethic & attitude.

Top effort this thread bully!
Above and beyond
Thank you!

bullus_hit said:
His production has steadily improved over the year, definitely trending in the right direction. The big challenge is getting his fitness levels up, at the moment he's not there, will take a couple of years. Everybody needs to be patient, fortunately no pressure to just throw him to the wolves. If all goes to plan then he'll be playing 22 games by year 3.
The fact he grew 8cm in such a short period of time played a massive part in his low endurance. I have every confidence that our fitness staff get him up and running.

bullus_hit said:

I never expect anything from a draftee in their 1st year so more than happy to wait.