Trade period 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade period 2021

Just proves how stupid North are.
Couldve got him for free.
Compare North to Adelaide they will bend Sydney over.
But with a bloke like Riccutto running the joint what do you accept?
The thing that is always forgotten is that the number 1 pick in the PSD is available for the best delisted player or best non drafted player around. Sending CCJ to the PSD means that North would forfeit that opportunity.

Decent players can be around for that pick

Reactions: 3 users
Would prefer Dogs 23 but I’d still pay that overs (about 200 points off the top of my head) just to get 27 and reduce our picks.

If we use them to get another pick in the 20-30 range (or next year in the same range), I'll be happy.

Looks like there will be some good players in the 20-30 range, or if it falls into next year, we go into the draft with 1st and 3 2nds which puts us in a great position again at next years draft.

If we use them to get another pick in the 20-30 range (or next year in the same range), I'll be happy.

Looks like there will be some good players in the 20-30 range, or if it falls into next year, we go into the draft with 1st and 3 2nds which puts us in a great position again at next years draft.
Next year is no good. We‘ll have the same excess pick situation again. As I’ve been saying, that just kicks the can down the road. Needs to be 23 or 27 - unless it brings something crazy good in 2022.

Reactions: 1 user
Next year is no good. We‘ll have the same excess pick situation again. As I’ve been saying, that just kicks the can down the road. Needs to be 23 or 27 - unless it brings something crazy good in 2022.

Its not really kicking the can down the road.

I'll have to take a look at the list again (as I lost the file I had before), but I think we had 5 spots on the main list available IF we delist Garthwaite, which I suspect we will. It then depends if we plan on using 4 or 5 picks, I'd hazard a guess at 4 and then take 1 to the SSP / MSD which means we don't need that other pick this year.

Having a first and 3 2nds next year just means that again we will be able to take at last 4 (when we will have a high level of delisting / retirements) but able to take 4 inside the top 40. It also gives us a nice hand to potentially have conversations about trade targets, like someone like Taranto. I'd be happy to take 4 picks this year (7, 15, 26 and 28) and kick another 2nd into next year.

Reactions: 3 users
So what's our picks now.
Didn't we already have 40?
Is it 7, 15, 26, 28, 38, 40, 44?

wouldnt this be too much?
Just thinking out loud really. A third first round pick would be nice. The Saints only have 9 and chump change. Would they go for two second rounders instead of 9?

just thinking out loud again.

Its not really kicking the can down the road.

I'll have to take a look at the list again (as I lost the file I had before), but I think we had 5 spots on the main list available IF we delist Garthwaite, which I suspect we will. It then depends if we plan on using 4 or 5 picks, I'd hazard a guess at 4 and then take 1 to the SSP / MSD which means we don't need that other pick this year.

Having a first and 3 2nds next year just means that again we will be able to take at last 4 (when we will have a high level of delisting / retirements) but able to take 4 inside the top 40. It also gives us a nice hand to potentially have conversations about trade targets, like someone like Taranto. I'd be happy to take 4 picks this year (7, 15, 26 and 28) and kick another 2nd into next year.
1st, 3 2nds, a 3rd, a 4th. 6. That’s enough. And it has to be a low end club too.

Just thinking out loud really. A third first round pick would be nice. The Saints only have 9 and chump change. Would they go for two second rounders instead of 9?

just thinking out loud again.

The Saints do need picks for their academy kids. I wonder if we'd consider 9 for 15 and 38. Is there enough benefit for us there? It might come down to if there are a lack of other options, we might do something like that.

Something similar could be with the Dogs, 23 for 28 and 40. If we can't use them to get another 2nd this year or next, then maybe this is a good way to use them, just get us a bit higher up the draft list being as we are unlikely to use either as a standalone pick at the draft.

Do both and we move 7,15, 26, 28, 38 and 40 to, 7, 9, 23 and 26.

Reactions: 1 users
The numbers make my head spin, Mr P, but basically I’m getting that overall we came out ahead in the CCJ Tarrant deal.

Yeah I think so.

I've simplified it to this.

3 trades
Out CCJ and 47
In 2nd round pick next year

Out 42
In 40

Out Future 4th
In Tarrant

Reactions: 1 users
Very good deal consider Norf's posturing. That future second should be a pick in the early to mid 20s. Also keep the Chol compensation pick.

We're definitely trading up for another pick before 25 based on all our picks in the 30s and 40s.