Trade period 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade period 2021

Fox Headine - 'relent'

AFL trades wrap: Roos relent in multi-man deal with Tigers; Crows reject Swans’ hefty offer​

Yep sounds like we have done well in the end; good result.

Added bonus is the we get out a bloke who seems like a bit of a *smile* and not a Richmond man. Plus it removes a hyphenated surname. I really don't like hyphenated surnames. One on the list is more than enough.

Glad we don't have pick one.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Yep sounds like we have done well in the end; good result.

Added bonus is the we get out a bloke who seems like a bit of a *smile* and not a Richmond man. Plus it removes a hyphenated surname. I really don't like hyphenated surnames. One on the list is more than enough.

Glad we don't have pick one.
You’d have just called him Horny anyway Rid-ley.

So, thats conceivably 29 if they finish 9th.

Cwood and Dogs are 25 and 29 this year. Meh.

Yeah as I said, depends on whether we want to take 4 or 5 picks to the draft this year. If only 4, then better to get a pick into next year, failing that, trading our picks up this year to improve our position, or if we want 5 picks we trade for the Dogs pick.

Reactions: 1 user
The Saints do need picks for their academy kids. I wonder if we'd consider 9 for 15 and 38. Is there enough benefit for us there? It might come down to if there are a lack of other options, we might do something like that.

Something similar could be with the Dogs, 23 for 28 and 40. If we can't use them to get another 2nd this year or next, then maybe this is a good way to use them, just get us a bit higher up the draft list being as we are unlikely to use either as a standalone pick at the draft.

Do both and we move 7,15, 26, 28, 38 and 40 to, 7, 9, 23 and 26.
Dont GWS need later picks (they have 53 and 71) for Fahey if he's bid on in the 2nd round?

I also don't like surnames as first names and vice versa. Make up your mind. Have a proper first name and then a proper surname. Don't mix and match.

Reactions: 3 users
On a separate matter, I just reckon Mitchell will be a ferocious competitor - wont die wondering. I posted this a few weeks ago, reckon he'll be a great coach. If he doesnt lose his players!

Hawthorn coach Sam Mitchell confirmed on Friday he has spoken to several rival clubs but not to “any sort of level that’s worth even talking to the players about it”,

Yeah I think so.

I've simplified it to this.

3 trades
Out CCJ and 47
In 2nd round pick next year

Out 42
In 40

Out Future 4th
In Tarrant
Thx for making it easy to understand Posh. The numbers do my head in too.

Very good deal consider Norf's posturing. That future second should be a pick in the early to mid 20s. Also keep the Chol compensation pick.

We're definitely trading up for another pick before 25 based on all our picks in the 30s and 40s.
Who will finish below North?
Its either Adelaide or North for the spoon
At worse its pick 20.
Blame must've scared the shitt out of that dud from champion Data

Who will finish below North?
Its either Adelaide or North for the spoon
At worse its pick 20.
Blame must've scared the shitt out of that dud from champion Data
can we do a deal with West Coast or Lions. See WC sliding and Lions dropping out of the 8 - I know it sounds weird, but reckon they will. .:)

Reactions: 1 users
now that we have norths 2nd round next year, i would trade our 1st next year for another 1st this year

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Well done Tigers. The result was pretty good given Norths access to the PSD.
I am guessing but may be pick 40 comes in 5-6 pts and Norths second round pick next year is likely to be as well placed for us as their 2nd pick this year.
We now have 4 vacancies for draftees and at least 2 more likely delists.
I think with Norths 2022 second in place we are now also very well positioned to trade next years first.

Good luck CJ.
Go Tigers

Reactions: 5 users
Well done Tigers. The result was pretty good given Norths access to the PSD.
I am guessing but may be pick 40 comes in 5-6 pts and Norths second round pick next year is likely to be as well placed for us as their 2nd pick this year.
We now have 4 vacancies for draftees and at least 2 more likely delists.
I think with Norths 2022 second in place we are now also very well positioned to trade next years first.

Good luck CJ.
Go Tigers

We only have 3 list spots open.

We have 6 picks still in 2021 and therefore I still see us trading up.

Out of contract are:
Main list - Cumberland, Biggie, Parker (reported to be getting a 1 year contract ext) and Garthwaite
Rookie - Egg, Miller, Stack

For mine, I expect new contracts for Cumberland, Biggie, Parker and Stack. Probably also for Miller. That leaves delistings left at Garthwaite and Egg, which frees up 4 spots on the main list and 1 on the rookie list.

This is why I think we will either trade both 38 and 40 into 2022 (hopefully as a 2nd) or if we have to, we will trade up individual picks in the ND.

1633677662068.png

spot on Mr Poshman. if we can exchange 38 & 40 for second rounders, this will give us 4 second round picks. Which can easily be used for selecting players, package for a first rounders or player exchange (hopefully its B King)