Trade period 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade period 2021

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
From Cal Twomey.

Just like their interest in Chad Wingard, Greater Western Sydney has explored interest in Luke Breust over the last day. Would similarly have been willing to use pick 13 in a deal, but like Wingard, Breust has been reluctant to move from Hawks. More on
@traderadio

@AFLcomau

Honestly, Pick 13 for someone who is a good player but is about to turn 31.
Surely not. Bruest was a terrific forward but was is the key word . His best is behind him

Reactions: 1 user

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Surely not. Bruest was a terrific forward but was is the key word . His best is behind him
Agree Sin. GWS obviously think they are close to a flag - which is prob true TBH - so what's another early pick to give away. pick 13 for a player with 1-2 years left at most.

"Luke Breust is keen to stay, but that hasn't meant that GWS hasn't asked the question in the last 24 hours" - Twomey
"I'm led to believe that a trade was almost agreed upon between the Hawks and the Giants. But the sticking point was that Breust said no" - Beveridge.

Roksman

Tiger Rookie
Feb 12, 2020
The Breust offer would in all likelihood be Bruest + #21 for Pick #13.

Pick #13 is just for the headline.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014

Ok that might help explain it. B/c 13 on its own seems overs.
Anyway, supposedly not happening.

I just also heard GWS rejected the Bombers offer of a F2 for Hill.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Ok that might help explain it. B/c 13 on its own seems overs.
Anyway, supposedly not happening.

I just also heard GWS rejected the Bombers offer of a F2 for Hill.
How dare GWS rob Dudodoro and the Druggies of their annual trade period premiership!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Lol.

McCartney has no intention of cooperating with Dodoro. He is just going to kick his tyres.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014

You were right Rok.
The Age reporting:

Under a deal being thrashed out on Wednesday Hawthorn would have got pick 13 from GWS for Breust with the Hawks also handing over pick 24. There was also an exchange of later draft picks being discussed, but the guts of the deal would have seen the Hawks effectively slide in from pick 24 to 13.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I think you will find losing Soldo played a major part in our dysfunctional midfield.
Not sure about that. We were last for clearances this year per opposition and either 2nd last or last in the previous 3 seasons, that's 4 years in a row. I don't think Soldo will be as a bigger influence as some seem to make out. Our game was always to give up the first clearance if necessary and pressure the secondary receiver and push forward hard on the rebound. The rule changes for 2021 absolutely smashed our game plan and the players we've recruited for that game plan. I don't see having both Nanks and Soldo as lumbering type ruckmen necessarily being an advantage at all.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we're vying for a top 4 spot next year.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yep. Until the system adjusts to the new reality of the reduced salary cap there will be less moves because few have cap space. That is going to take a while until contracts signed before the cap reduction are mostly finished.

Who is the biggest name to move this year ? Cerra and Dawson ? Pretty mundane really

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I thought GWS were chocka block on cap space. How did they get Bresut through the door

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Reckon the Roos will look stupid with Xerri.

They want a future 2nd involved :rotfl2 , most probably what will happen, is he doesn't play a lot in 2022. Is out of contract, traded next year to the Saints for like Pick 60.

Reactions: 2 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Reckon the Roos will look stupid with Xerri.

They want a future 2nd involved :rotfl2 , most probably what will happen, is he doesn't play a lot in 2022. Is out of contract, traded next year to the Saints for like Pick 60.
Did Blair convince North that it was OK to give up their future 2nd for CCJ because they would be able to get StKilda’s future second for Xerri or did they just come up with it all on their own?

Last edited:

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Deadline day.jpgI'm really pleased the AFL is investing heavily in 'Deadline Day'.

Much better idea than distributing money to the clubs so they can employ people to do productive stuff.

Need to ditch Continental Tyres as the sponsor and get Bendix Brakes on board.

Reactions: 4 users