Trade period 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade period 2021

Tom Morris reckons Dawson for Melbourne’s 2022 1st is a done deal

There is no way the Swans will turn it down. They've just been trying it on to get a bit more, but all Adelaide needs to do is say take it or leave it. Sydney will take it IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
Will need significant improvement from RCD, Ross, Dow and a few others to improve. Got smashed in the midfield all year. Smashed.
Though i have doubts on RCD - i do feel for this group. They have been severely impacted with covid. Just haven't had the games at junior and VFL level to really develop. Includes all the young kids. Really has been bad unlucky for them and it's impacted their careers. Same goes for Hugo and others...

Wonder if the really brave clubs that hold will the kids from this period will reap benefits down line

Reactions: 3 users
This may be one of the most boring trade periods.

Reactions: 1 users
This may be one of the most boring trade periods.
May, is being generous
How about grass growing boring
Watching paint dry boring.
The AFL just *smile* things up,
If clubs weren't allowed to swap picks till draft night.
And clubs could only swap players.
It would be better.
What's the exciting news today?
Pick 26 for future 3rd rounder?
Xerri goes to Stkilda? Who's Xerri??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Sydney the dumb knobs
Were offered pick 17 and a future 3rd rounder for the best player ever to play for Sydney (according to Tom Harley) but settled for Melbournes first pick next year.
Sydney think there *smile* dosent dosent stink.
They saw Adelaide drag Hartley to the pre-season last year and they shat the bed and moved for Melbourne's pick before Ricciuto would've taken him for free.

The entire AFL needs an overhaul.
From the Tribunal
The rules
And this trade period is ridiculous
9 players moving clubs in 7 days
The biggest name a kid that has been in the system for 3 years.
Gilligan needs to give keys to someone else.

Reactions: 2 users
no one can trade players when they dont know the salary cap. How the AFL let the trade period commence when no one can agree how much is the clubs salary cap.

Reactions: 6 users
I thought every club had to draft a minimum of three players each year?

AFL added the ability to upgrade rookies to meet the required 3 selections

In any case the picks still exist, they just lose their point value and go to the back of the draft order

Though i have doubts on RCD - i do feel for this group. They have been severely impacted with covid. Just haven't had the games at junior and VFL level to really develop. Includes all the young kids. Really has been bad unlucky for them and it's impacted their careers. Same goes for Hugo and others...

Wonder if the really brave clubs that hold will the kids from this period will reap benefits down line

Bloody good question, one of those things where you make a judgement call and hope it is the right one.

DS

The AFL would like to Thank Captain Snooze and Sleepmaker for Sponsoring the AFL draft period.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users