Trade talk 2019/20 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade talk 2019/20

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I found out today what exactly happened to the little pies.
Its almost exactly what i Said in my previous posts, but there is alot more to it.
Especially regarding Treloar.
Put it this way, if Collingwood came and said the truth why Treloar and TAB were traded.
People would stop being do accommodating.
There's always more to the stories.
And now Collingwood can breathe easier not having those 2 part of the club.
Im surprised big mouth Matty Randal didn't spill the beans.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
So what are you saying ...

What ever the case Collingwood publicly breached its duty in a manner that can only cause disruption in the minds of those players continuing at that club. According to media reports one now Bulldog was especially vulnerable and yet they treated him like crap. It would never happen at Richmond and I don't think Collingwood get's past this with the ease you suggest.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Are we still after anyone?? :rotfl1
I wanted to get 10 out of 10 from John Anderson from the Trade period ratings in the Herald Sun.
We scored a 4/10, not sure why.
But Footscary got 10/10 But didn't they get that last year when they brought in Bruce and the shiit cricketer?
And Stkilda got 8/10, similiar to last year, paying a 800k for a receiver and 600k for the shortest tall defender in the comp.
Essendon 6/10. Should've got 1/10, they convince a kid to nominate them and what does Essendon do? They leave him to pick up the pieces after calling Footscary weak and having cultural issues.
Well done Dododo u *smile*

The only team that deserved 10/10 was Collingwood..They had salary issues on Thurzdey by Friday morining they had enough cap space to chase Patrick Cripps.

ARCHYBOY

Tiger Superstar
Mar 30, 2010
Little River
Zips, are you referring to AT dating back to his GWS days, how Eddie got him to change his mind to join Collingwood and not us after AT had made up his mind to join us and the 12-18 months that followed??
Also going back to a previous post of mine and how the Bulldogs and us were up to something quietly behind the scenes, my mail is it basically fell apart with the Treloar deal.
Bulldogs never thought they would get the array of draft picks coming back to them that they did from the Pies which stuffed it all up.
Adding to it, Pies are looking at packaging their two first rounders this year and next years first rounder for NM’s pick two and some steak knife picks so they can get Logan McDonald.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Zips, are you referring to AT dating back to his GWS days, how Eddie got him to change his mind to join Collingwood and not us after AT had made up his mind to join us and the 12-18 months that followed??
Also going back to a previous post of mine and how the Bulldogs and us were up to something quietly behind the scenes, my mail is it basically fell apart with the Treloar deal.
Bulldogs never thought they would get the array of draft picks coming back to them that they did from the Pies which stuffed it all up.
Adding to it, Pies are looking at packaging their two first rounders this year and next years first rounder for NM’s pick two and some steak knife picks so they can get Logan McDonald.

Was that an attempt to get Pick 14?

The pies are kidding themselves. If North give up McDonald for 2 picks that will be closer to 20 and a 1st next year then they might as well just shut the joint down.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Are we still after anyone?? :rotfl1
I wanted to get 10 out of 10 from John Anderson from the Trade period ratings in the Herald Sun.
We scored a 4/10, not sure why.
But Footscary got 10/10 But didn't they get that last year when they brought in Bruce and the shiit cricketer?
And Stkilda got 8/10, similiar to last year, paying a 800k for a receiver and 600k for the shortest tall defender in the comp.
Essendon 6/10. Should've got 1/10, they convince a kid to nominate them and what does Essendon do? They leave him to pick up the pieces after calling Footscary weak and having cultural issues.
Well done Dododo u *smile*

The only team that deserved 10/10 was Collingwood..They had salary issues on Thurzdey by Friday morining they had enough cap space to chase Patrick Cripps.
The scoring doesn't mean much because in the end we intended not to do much, were always going to lose a player or two and lost two players not in the GF side, have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year, upgraded to pick 17 this year.
I would have thought the result was what was expected and the fact that we didn't lose more is probably a win.
8/10

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The scoring doesn't mean much because in the end we intended not to do much, were always going to lose a player or two and lost two players not in the GF side, have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year, upgraded to pick 17 this year.
I would have thought the result was what was expected and the fact that we didn't lose more is probably a win.
8/10

Yeah I agree. I'm starting to think that we don't take too much in the draft.

Possibly look at getting up the order a touch, if we can get upto a pick in the 10-15 area I think we'd be set (if we can be in that area after academy picks) and use our 1st 2 picks to get there it would be great.

I'm thinking we may not see any more delistings. We have 33 and 6 on our list I think (which includes Garth and Miller on our main list that are OOC) and Egg on the rookie list who is OOC. I can see all 3 being giving 1 year extenstions and then we promote Bakes and Pickett (potentially Aarts too) to the main list and then fill the rest to get to the min 38 on the main list.

Our 5 picks for next years draft are certainly worth the 8/10 rating you have gone for.

ARCHYBOY

Tiger Superstar
Mar 30, 2010
Little River
Was that an attempt to get Pick 14?

The pies are kidding themselves. If North give up McDonald for 2 picks that will be closer to 20 and a 1st next year then they might as well just shut the joint down.
Don’t disagree Mr Posh but that’s what the Pies are trying to do.
I did not know exactly what we were trying to do, I’d only be guessing.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
8/10
Probably would score us a little lower.
Guess it depends who we get in the draft.

We need to address KP stocks.
Forward & Back plus MRJ.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
8/10

Your a very serious man little Stinger. I wouldn't give a shiit if they gave us -11.
I was more on the Dogs and Saints

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Probably would score us a little lower.
Guess it depends who we get in the draft.

We need to address KP stocks.
Forward & Back plus MRJ.
I agree on the KP stocks. I would favour using our pick 17 and something from next year to get higher in this draft if that meant we could get a promising KPP.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Your a very serious man little Stinger. I wouldn't give a shiit if they gave us -11.
I was more on the Dogs and Saints
I'm serious when I need to be serious and frivalous when I don't have to be zippideedodahday

I couldn't give a toss either but I did find it amusing the number of pundits that gave us a C and then proceeded to say we did as we expected and were able to hold on to most players.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I'm serious when I need to be serious and frivalous when I don't have to be zippideedodahday

I couldn't give a toss either but I did find it amusing the number of pundits that gave us a C and then proceeded to say we did as we expected and were able to hold on to most players.
Exactly Sin.
Still think there is a cynical view amongst some media & coaches with the Tigers.
Not fooled for one minute we are seen in the same mould of the Lions, Hawks, & Cats through those dominant periods.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Exactly Sin.
Still think there is a cynical view amongst some media & coaches with the Tigers.
Not fooled for one minute we are seen in the same mould of the Lions, Hawks, & Cats through those dominant periods.
I am convinced that it is because none of the media geniuses have worked out why it has happened. When a side gets more possessions, or wins the clearances or takes a lot of contested marks then they can measure it. We completely flummox them because we don't fit their mould, they don't understand why we are good. By all their measures we are a middle of the road team.
It's probably the reason why we are dominant, the rest of the competition can't work it out either.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Why would Brisbane get 9-10.
They recruited 2 blokes, one has played 4 games in 18 months and the other has played 4 games in 2 years.
Does the media take in account how good they look in the jumper??

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can we trade our pick 17 for 3 picks in the 4th round??
We are shocking with selecting kids in the first round but elite with late/rookie selections..

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
I agree on the KP stocks. I would favour using our pick 17 and something from next year to get higher in this draft if that meant we could get a promising KPP.
I get the impression that clubs (and even the AFL) think next year is going to be a super strong draft.
It's why clubs are looking to get and keep picks for next year.
Thus I don't think you'll find Richmond planning to trade away a strong hand next year.

I think the club wants to get as high in the first round this year as possible and I don't think 17 is high enough for them so we shall see.
Don't know about players too much but I wouldn't be surprised if they're after Zach Reid in the first and Callow in the second with MRJ the last.
To get Reid they need to get at least a couple of spots higher.

It may be Nik Cox they're after but I've got a feeling that Collingwood are really keen on him.

Last edited:

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I think we will take a max of 2 possibly 1, and as earlier that we would be hoping to get Nic Cox, who looks an ideal fit.
He will be taken by Collingwood unless we can engineer an exchange with Fremantle or better.
If a no then a swap of our first and possibly our 2nd.to Collingwood, for their futures would really create great theatre.