Trade talk 2019/20 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade talk 2019/20

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
I see the Pies are looking to trade into the 2020 first round again to have a third first round pick, possibly a trade for their first next year.

Wonder if they would be interested in our first this year for their first next year... ?

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Got to feel for Dunkley.
He was leaving because he wasn't getting enough time in the midfield.
Now, not only was he forced to stay, but the dogs bring in another midfielder.
He'll be spending a lot more time in the forward line now.
Treloar might be put out on a wing with Macrae on the other.

Dunkley, Hunter, Smith, Libba and Bont through the guts.

Handy midfield that one absolutely pity their forward line and defence are not as potent.

Should be eyeing the top 6 - 8 again next year with the Tigers, Kochies, Eagles, Sooks, Bears and Saints, and write your own ticket for the 8th spot.

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Treloar might be put out on a wing with Macrae on the other.

Dunkley, Hunetr, Smith, Libba and Bont through the guts.

Handy midfield that one absolutely pity their forward line and defence are not as potent.
Bont can go forward more along with Dunkley enabling them to turn Naughton into a KP defender, which is a current weakness. Keith is not the full answer and many commentators think Naughton is better equipped to defend. With Martin relieving in the ruck, English is free up to swing forward too and he's a good mark ... at 205 cm.

At the very least: Dogs, Moggies, Poort and Saints look to have improved their lists, like more serious 2021 contenders ... on paper.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Agreed Leon mate.

Naughton was drafted and played as a KPD he is actually a bloody top line Key Back.

The sooner they put him back the better they will be and the more dangerous with their rebound out of their back 50 with the extra quality to defend a turnover.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I see the Pies are looking to trade into the 2020 first round again to have a third first round pick, possibly a trade for their first next year.

Wonder if they would be interested in our first this year for their first next year... ?

I'd do it without a 2nd thought.

Not sure what they are doing though. How do they expect to bid on Daicos next year when they only have a 1st, a 3rd and 2 4ths for next year. They won't have anywhere near enough the points with a 3rd and 2 4ths.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
All that points bidding stuff caves my mind in.

Are there anymore trades, its only 7.49
This trade period was pathetic.
Dododo just needs to go.
He stooged the kid to come out and announce that he wants out and Dododo bends him over.
I guarntee the next time Dunkley wants out he will nominate another club.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Mighta heard it wrong, but I thought they were looking to trade their two late first rounders n perhaps even their first pick next year to move further up the list in this years draft. Seems like they must be trying to get somewhere into the first five picks.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Are there anymore trades, its only 7.49
This trade period was pathetic.
Dododo just needs to go.
He stooged the kid to come out and announce that he wants out and Dododo bends him over.
I guarntee the next time Dunkley wants out he will nominate another club.
Agreed my Dear Zips and it might be the RFC

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Agreed Leon mate.

Naughton was drafted and played as a KPD he is actually a bloody top line Key Back.

The sooner they put him back the better they will be and the more dangerous with their rebound out of their back 50 with the extra quality to defend a turnover.
Disagree, you don’t put someone with Naughton’s ability as a forward back in defense without giving him absolutely every possible chance to succeed. The kid is an absolute beast of a contested mark and is still only 22. Some clubs would go 10 years of draft picks and not come close to a key forward with the talent of Naughton.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Disagree, you don’t put someone with Naughton’s ability as a forward back in defense without giving him absolutely every possible chance to succeed. The kid is an absolute beast of a contested mark and is still only 22. Some clubs would go 10 years of draft picks and not come close to a key forward with the talent of Naughton.
Kid's only turning 21 at the end of this month. Got some serious talent the young fella, but all his high flying has already seen him with some knee issues at the end of last year n then some ankle syndemosis early this year. Could be an absolute gun forward or back, hope that injuries don't trash his future.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
There's a notion of BWA. [Kevin Sheehan "Ball Winning Ability"] Geelong practises this. If you can get it you can freeze it and tack it through ploys and set plays to goal. And of course if you've got it they aint.

Ball security. (Gerard Neesham?)

Dimma is a convert from this school. He left the school. (After he fully mastered it.)

We use the heat and counter as much as Hawthorn did. Not to say we can't do the first to the ball thing. But our focus is on ripping the game. Surge and split defence. Break lines. Rip game. And we've all seen us do this glorious thing.

Port is working on surge and rip. Our game. Smart. Everybody else in 2020 was working on ball security. The rumoured antidote to our game.

So ball security. Get the ball. Recruit mids. Brad Crouch. Adam Treloar. That leper from Collingwood. 33 or whatever. (Not an AFL player.) Phillips! That's right.

Use the ball (you don't have to be fast) but use it well - Shaun Higgins. Ball security. Footscray and StKilda are looking for ball winning. And must profit from the increased talent available on game day. The Cats are getting further into it.

Ball security. BWA. That's what those recruits are about. To some extent StKilda will see Higlet as a player in this. I think they've got this wrong. HIglet can't use. I think they've made a blue here. He's not about surge and rip.

Fast-leading forwards fit the ball security model. Win ball at wing. Send backwards. Switch. Drive long to lone friend who marks and freezes. Tacks. Sends through the skinny side to fast-leading forward Jeremy Cameron. Ball security recruit.

"How do you beat Richmond?"

Chris Scott "You've got to score." Hunts a fast-leading forward. More scoring from ball security game plan.

I think Caldwell is BWA and ball security and I think Dunkley was supposed to be that. Fantasia and Saad surge and rip game planner made redundant. Essendon selling out of risk and buying into ball security. (With players who can't kick.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Surge and rip recruits. Mark Williams. Adam Saad. Line breaking. Counter from HB.

Teague wants surge and rip.

And clearly Isaac Smith. Is Chris Scott Tenorman planning to dabble in the dark arts?

Fantasia to Pt Adelaide looks like more risk taking. Aliir looks like insurance against counter. Suited to a higher risk game up the ground. Port going harder at surge and rip?

Interesting times. May others continue to live in them.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Collingwood have traded this year like never before.
Players under contract have expected to prepare themselves professionally, play as hard as possible and show loyalty to club and teammates.
In return they have expected to be paid as agreed, and not to be publicly humiliated or
suffer from mental illness, caused or accentuated by the behaviour of Club officials.

Surely Collingwood has breached its duties to such an extent that newly recruited players are now entitled to tell Collingwood they have no intention of staying with the Club past their first contract, and will be working only towards the goal of leaving.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Collingwood have traded this year like never before.
Players under contract have expected to prepare themselves professionally, play as hard as possible and show loyalty to club and teammates.
In return they have expected to be paid as agreed, and not to be publicly humiliated or
suffer from mental illness, caused or accentuated by the behaviour of Club officials.

Surely Collingwood has breached its duties to such an extent that newly recruited players are now entitled to tell Collingwood they have no intention of staying with the Club past their first contract, and will be working only towards the goal of leaving.
At the end of the day, the contracts will always be fullfulled.
Collingwood got themselves in a mess and a space of a couple of hours, got themselves out of it.
I don't understand the angst against them.
Treloar isn't worth 500k, see ya
TAB, was delist material
And Phillips a pick 70 will produce the same.
People have said it will stop them recruiting, if Essendon was able to recover from the 'supplement saga' so will Collingwood.
If they're 6-1 next year, the media will start to call it a massive stroke.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Our planning has worked a treat.

Balta and Bolton showed their wares in the VFL during the 2017 season and showed them off this year, with both finishing top 10 in the JDM. Both have had premiership success and are 200 game players. Baker, Pickett and Short are also there.

From what we have so far been able to see RCD, Dow, Martyn and Ralphsmith are headed in the same direction. CJ and Stacky plus others as well.

Possibly only 1 on this year but love the investment in youth and the making of way that has been achieved over our trade period and before.

Collingwood nah, let’s not go there at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
At the end of the day, the contracts will always be fullfulled.
Collingwood got themselves in a mess and a space of a couple of hours, got themselves out of it.
I don't understand the angst against them.
Treloar isn't worth 500k, see ya
TAB, was delist material
And Phillips a pick 70 will produce the same.
People have said it will stop them recruiting, if Essendon was able to recover from the 'supplement saga' so will Collingwood.
If they're 6-1 next year, the media will start to call it a massive stroke.
Collingwood can say what it likes. Their players will differ.

Last edited: