Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

Carlton don't want Butler they want Papley. If they wanted Butler maybe they would pay a lot more than a 4th rounder. And Saints have bigger fish to fry than Butler.

I didn't say they did. I was making a point i don't think Papley is 3 rounds better value than Butler in value.

Jack Steven seems to have gone cheaply for a multiple club B&F winner, (or am i missing something that is apart of a wider trade).

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't say they did. I was making a point i don't think Papley is 3 rounds better value than Butler in value.

Agree. Absolutely. Maybe two rounds better based on this year's form. But yes Butler has played a lot better than he managed this year.

Jack Steven seems to have gone cheaply for a multiple club B&F winner, (or am i missing something that is apart of a wider trade).

I don't mind. Geelong picking up another 30yo, one who's had quite a few personal issues this year. On the face of it does seem a bit light in trade value.

.... and Lewis Taylor adds real potency to the traded All-Stars

:rotfl2

This trade week reminds me of going to a blue-light disco with the hottest girl in Ballarat under my arm and a 6-pack of VB cans stashed in the mock oranges out the side.

Hugh Greenwood, Dougal Howard, Sam Frost

James Aish , Paddy Ryder, Grant Birchall

Brandon Ellis Cam E-Y Adam Tomlinson

Dan Butler Jono Patton Lewis Taylor

Eddie Betts Billy Frampton Darcy Cameron

Foll: Sauce Jacobs, Tim Kelly, Jack Steven

Coach: Stevie Nicks

Reactions: 1 users
So Saints gave up Acres, Pick 10 & 58, future 2nd and future 4th for Hill? Or am I reading that wrong?

So Saints gave up Acres, Pick 10 & 58, future 2nd and future 4th for Hill? Or am I reading that wrong?
They also got a future third round pick.

Could be the most illogical trade i can recall. Not sure when Hill became a clone of Dusty/Fyfe/Dangerfield. Obviously i didn't watch enough Freo games this year.

Reactions: 2 users
Saints also get back a future 3rd rounder from Fremantle. Still pretty hefty price I would have thought.

If you add in his supposed salary then the Saints will pay a huge price for Hill. God, I am so glad we didn’t need someone this draft period. Some trades are just over the top!

Should start a book on when the saints run to the AFL for financial assistance. Oh, hang on, Lethlean is at the Saints. Forget I said anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Trade week is a bit of a non event really, of recent times especially when they are trying to dress it up and hype it right up as they do in the NBA and NFL.

Free agency is where the reall excitement is these days and those decisions are normally already sorted prior to trade week, they just have to wait till they can lodge them.

Hard to understand the Saints strategy. This year they beat Suns (twice), Bombers, Hawks, Demons (twice), Blues, Bulldogs and Dockers. Yet they've gone and traded all their picks for Hill (way too many picks), Ryder (32yo), and a bit player Dougal Howard. And they lose two mature players Jack Steven and Acres. Surely you need to grow your younger brigade to some level? Might yet be a long time before they win another premiership the way they're tracking.

Edit: Crazy, Saints first pick now in the draft this year is at #76..Wow.

• Wow
Trade week reminds me of my school days where I'd procrastinate and start studying the night before the exam.
Same here Harry. Terrible habit of mine that unfortunately still lives a bit. Maybe tomorrow...

Exactly. Maybe that future 3rd will be tied into Butler somehow.

No idea how they get Jones done. They can't use their 1st next year and a 3rd is too low IMO, so hopefully we can get in there and get Butler done for their 3rd. Its about his range. I thought Lewis Taylor should be a gauge as I think really they are worth about the same and he went for 48 so a similar pick for Butler would be nice.

I guess they may be waiting to see what the Dogs give up for Bruce though for Jones.

I would take their future 3rd they got from Freo and give them a 4th rounder (or even 2) and they can use them to add to Pick 32 from the Dogs to give to Sydney for Jones.