Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

Should start a book on when the saints run to the AFL for financial assistance. Oh, hang on, Lethlean is at the Saints. Forget I said anything.

Yep, they're lucky at the saints to have blokes of high integrity such as Pants Lethlean and Grubby Allen ticking all the boxes and following all the rules....... ya reap what you sow!

Would be good, but I’m not sure if GWS would be allowed to do this. Presuming they give next year’s first to Melbourne, are they allowed to trade out another future pick? I thought there were rules about this, but being GWS the AFL could easily change/overlook them. The good thing is that this year we can trade picks right up to the draft, so we can see how many list spots we have before deciding to trade out any picks.

Fair point but I suspect they will get something back. Theres no way GWS will give their 1st next year for a 3 spot upgrade this year.

It'll be something like Pick 3 and Melbournes 2nd for GWS's 6 and next years 1st. That will leave the Giants with no 1st round but 2 2nd rounders and I think therefore they are allowed to trade 1 of those 2nds. They need picks this year for sure as their current hand will be nowhere near enough to pay for Green.

It's what Blackadder would call a 'cunning plan'.

And in chess it's called the 'Aaron Fiora Move'.

And in McDonalds it's called the 'Robert Relton Gut Instinct'.

I feel like since the saints traded an early pick for Tom Lee & offloaded Big boy McEvoy, much to the displeasure of many fans, they have lost a lot of credibility in the trade space

That Hill deal is a shocker though. Reminds me of when we traded for Jordan McMahon :confused:

Reactions: 1 user
I think you guys are a bit harsh on the Saints.

So far they started with what pick 6 and then 76 and 82 I think.

They have traded in Howard, Ryder and Hill and traded out Pick 6, Acres and their 2nd next year with a swap of 3rd and 4ths between the Saints, Freo and Port which in all honesty probably finish within 5 or so picks of each other.

I'd say Hill, Howard and Ryder is a fairly decent return for Pick 6, Acres and a 2nd next year. Really Hill and Ryder for the picks and Howard swapped for Acres.

All about the cumulative returns rather than individual trades.

Now the salaries are a different story. $900k for Hill is out of this world.

Reactions: 2 users

They have traded in Howard, Ryder and Hill and traded out Pick 6, Acres and their 2nd next year with a swap of 3rd and 4ths between the Saints, Freo and Port which in all honesty probably finish within 5 or so picks of each other.

I'd say Hill, Howard and Ryder is a fairly decent return for Pick 6, Acres and a 2nd next year. Really Hill and Ryder for the picks and Howard swapped for Acres.

The issue is what they are paying these guys. Hill is now in the top bracket of highest paid footballers. Way overs...

And from what I have heard Howard hasnt come cheap either.

Yet they still dont have a standout A Grade footballer on their list.

The issue is what they are paying these guys. Hill is now in the top bracket of highest paid footballers. Way overs...

I know what you mean, salarywise its crazy what they are paying. What are we paying Lynch? Under $1m isn't it yet Hill is getting $900k? I wouldn't have thought he was that much of a game winner.

won't make any difference to their finals record...;)

They gave away a little more than that as well as effectively offloading Jack Steven for nothing. The other thing is it's not like the saints are in the premiership window. Optimistically they might be a 5-8th spot team next year but could also easily end up as 15th-18th.

Not sure if Ryder (old), Howard (who was still struggling to make his team's 22), & Hill are massive game changers for them...upcoming draft periods are going to look pretty grim

Reactions: 1 users
There really should be a Crazy Vossy Award given at the end of trade week.

and Ratten would be short priced favourite to receive it this year.

The players the saints lose - Steven Acres Bruce, are better than the ones they brought in.

Reactions: 1 users
Its unbelievable to think we have those 2 guys on very little ,and hill is on 900k.
Great recruiting Tigers. We are without doubt the envy of the competition

Can’t believe I took two weeks off work for this.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
ef me, Hill on a multi year deal at $900k. Just can't get me head around it.
Yep.... seagull, very quick blah blah blah, but a seagull nonetheless imo.
Think for a moment that Tom Lynch is on less coin apparently!